Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comprehensive Battleground Guide for Noobs :D

Synopsis:
    The Battlegrounds is a competitive event in which players are separated into 2 teams competing against each other for gems, which rack you points, and individual honor, which gives you ranks and privileges.
    To put it simply, the team that gathers the most gems wins.

What you need to Know:
    Event Name: The Battlegrounds (BG)
    Time of Event: 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm server time.
    Level Requirements: 30+
    Tiers: levels 30-39, 40+

Unlike other events that run through the hour, the battleground is separated into 2 rounds.
    Each round is roughly 24 minutes long and ends when the time runs out or a team scores 5000 points.
    Players may enter the battlegrounds 5 mins before the event kicks off.
    Players are separated into either the red or blue team. Each team can have up to 15 players max.
    The map is simple, to the far right is the red team's base, the far left is the blue team's base. The gems are all in the middle and most of the conflict happens there.
    Furthermore, within the battlegrounds a players hp potions do not work.

How to play:
    There are many ways to participate but do not forget that getting points and winning is what matters.
    The simplest way to gain points for your team is to run to the middle and gather gems and turn them in to the resource collector at your team's base.
    Alternatively, if you prefer action and are confident in your skills, you can run to the middle and attack the opposing team. But, of course, you can also gather and kill.
    It's all up to preference.

Healing and Dying:
    As I've stated earlier, your health potions do not work within the battlegrounds.
    That means that every time you fight someone your health gets lower and lower until someone kills you.
    There is no known way to heal within the battleground except through the angel troops special skill, healing runes, and absorption astrals.
    Nothing terrible happens when you die though, you simply respawn at your base with full health and your glorified killing streak ends and starts over.

Points by Gathering:
    These are the points and rewards you get from turning in gems.
    Keep in mind that it is random and you may get any of these from the gems you turn in.

reward 1: 10 points, 1 honor, 1 Battleground Treasure
    reward 2: 20 points, 2 honor, 3 Battleground Treasure
    reward 3: 30 points, 3 honor, 3 Battleground Treasure

(see battleground treasure for more information on the treasure)

Points by Killing:
    These are the points and rewards you get from killing other players or the other team's npc guards.

Other Players: 20 points + 10 honor.
    Npc Lessers: 200 points + 20 honor.
    Npc Knights: 300 points + 30 honor.

(see honor system for more information on honor points)

Winning/Losing and Rewards:
    A team wins if they gain 5000 points or if the timer ends and they have more points than the opposition.
    Once a round ends, every player on winning team obtains 80 insignia and 90 honor + honor obtained in the round, which nets you 160 insignia and 180 honor if you win both rounds.
    Every player on the losing team obtains 30 insignia and 30 honor + honor obtained in the round. I don't need to do the math if you lose both rounds. ;p

Battleground Treasure:
    The battleground treasure you can get during the event are useful so hold on to them.
    Once you have obtained 60 battleground treasures you may synthesize them at the blacksmith for a treasure chest.
    You can get gold, kyranite, lvl 2 and 3 attribute gems, or lucky stones from the chest.

Honor system:
    Honor is a necessity for obtaining higher level equipment from the arena shop as it provides a player with ranks and certain ranks are required to purchase certain gear.
    There is no known alternative way to gain honor except through participating in the battlegrounds. Everyone starts out as rank 1, commoner.

Ranking:
    Rank 1 – Commoner - 0 honor
    Rank 2 – Private - 2000 honor
    Rank 3 – Champion - 5000 honor (assumption)
    Rank 4 – Warrior
    Rank 5 – Elite Warrior
    Rank 6 – Crusader
    Rank 7 – Knight Crusader
    Rank 8 – Elite Crusader
    Rank 9 – High Commander
    Rank 10 – Lord Divine

Congratulations! You get a reward for posting guides for beginners, please be noted to check.
    Last edited by grayhatter; 09-19-2012, 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Wartune:
    Server: [S3]Worg Lair
    Name: Cashmere
    Guild: Kingdom

My
    My

i like this one
    Cambrooke

S103
    Guild: Beast
    Class Mage
    Might Rank #2
    VIP 8

Comment

Your guide is indeed, quite complete.

Comment

Beat me to it, STICKY time!

Comment

Thanks, mates.
          Wartune:

My
          My

Comment

cool guide indeed
            ....Black Rock Shooter where have you been....hopelessly...aimlessly....wandering to a vast future of uncertainty...

IGN: Teresaâ„¢ - of the faint smile -
            Class: arse kick'in damage suckin knighty!!
            server: 8 the promise land lol

Comment

how many honor require for each rank ???
              Last edited by quang3421; 09-13-2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

No one really knows yet, Quang.
                Wartune:

My
                My

Comment

Well we know 1000 is nothing, so more than 1000!

Comment

It's 2000. Confirmed. Will update my guide.
                    Wartune:

My
                    My

Comment

Can't you heal with starpoints(200)?

Comment

Originally posted by chaos33967 View Post
                        Can't you heal with starpoints(200)?

Correct, 200 points it is to give u full health. USually only 2 heals per BG for me
                        Cambrooke

S103
                        Guild: Beast
                        Class Mage
                        Might Rank #2
                        VIP 8

Comment

Originally posted by grayhatter View Post
                          Battleground Treasure:
                          You can get gold, kyranite, lvl 2 and 3 attribute gems, or lucky stones from the chest.
                          You can also get soul crystals. The very first night of BG I got 10 of them from my chest.
                          "Without love it cannot be seen."

Name: Ange
                          Nickname: The Witch of Resurrection

Comment

Grayhatter, if you would kindly check your Inbox please.
                            This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Healing and Dying:
                              As I've stated earlier, your health potions do not work within the battlegrounds.
                              That means that every time you fight someone your health gets lower and lower until someone kills you.
                              There is no known way to heal within the battleground except through the angel troops special skill, healing runes, and absorption astrals.
                              Nothing terrible happens when you die though, you simply respawn at your base with full health and your glorified killing streak ends and starts over.

Lol wrong guide... u use 200 star point to heal !!!

Points by Killing:
                              These are the points and rewards you get from killing other players or the other team's npc guards.

Other Players: 20 points + 10 honor.
                              Npc Lessers: 200 points + 20 honor.
                              Npc Knights: 300 points + 30 honor.

(see honor system for more information on honor points)

u do not get a fixed honor by killing player. if u killed a person with high honor, you get higher honor. its 1% of your victim total honor. say u killed a champion, u easily get 40 honor.

champion is 4k honor btw
                              Last edited by MemoryLane; 09-26-2012, 03:49 AM. Reason: Please use Edit

Comment

Working...
                              X