Non balens guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non balens guide

For all the people like me who dont/wont pay to play a "free" game.
    At the time of writing this I am a mage and the only thing I have spent real money on is VIP, as this makes good sense for the XP bonus and as your VIP level grows the protection of honor in BG. My current ranking is TOP 10 (6th actually), almost always in top 3 of mages for WB and usually in top 10 for WB overall and top 10 for honor. So how can a non-casher achieve this, well read on for some insight.

1). level up to 55 as quick as you can, the reasons for this is to open up all the added bonus items, academy, fate stones, slyphs etc. These do make a big difference. once you get to lvl 55 do not be in a rush to lvl up, use your xp to increase holy seal (stun) its essential in BG and arena to actually get anywhere in both. Stun also works a treat in Amy mines for those fights against higher BR players.

2). dont even bother with the lvl 40 or lvl 50 epic sets, get the arena sets at 45 and 55, at this level (up to lvl 59) it really makes little difference, okay the balen spenders will tell you otherwise but I used a lvl 55 set until I hit 60 then started to get the lvl 60 set. Its also a good way to save keys for the Demon Temple summoner. With the 55 arena set I was easily in top 10, thrashing the backside off many big spenders, with the only ones beating my PvP those who were lucky (or spent enough) to get an Apolo.

3).As for troops, this is fairly straightforward, once you are able to get higher lvl troops do so, try not to max them out for each lvl your at until you get to the Templars/Warlocks, the simple reason is the Daru expended on lower lvl troops is wasted, I found getting troops to within 4-7 lvls below my lvl was more than enough for each lvl until I got templars, which are in my opion by far the (currently) best troops to have even as a mage. This will mean you spend a bit more time in the mid table for arena etc, but even using this system I have broken into top 10, just on time for arena awards as it happens. OK if you have not taken the hint here, KNOW your server times for awards, try and time arena in particular for gaining max rewards it not only benefits you but annoys the hell out of the spenders which has got to be good (right!!).

4). once your troops are maxed use the daru on enlightenment, initial stages are fairly quick to gain, but it does become costly (1m daru per click and needing tens of millions to get to next lvl but its worth it). For my part, a mage in case you have forgotten, I elect the Templars as my troop and the PDEF from enlightenment. Now there does not seem to be much information on enlightenment so I shall put this simply: Enlightenment allows you a percentage of the troops skills without the troops losing that percentage themselves, thus a % gain on your PDEF, MATK etc and the troops are just as strong, hence enlightenment being well worth it.

5). Crypt Keys: dont even waste crypt keys until you are able to clear lvl 80, the simple reason is that crypt keys are not easy to come by and below lvl 80 the xp and token rewards are simply not worth the costs of using a key. Once you hit lvl 80 and above use the keys daily. If you pass lvl 100 do not be in a rush to enter the Necropolis, this costs 3 keys a run and you will need a decent BR to make it cost effective in respect of keys used, I suggest a br of 55k for first run (you probably wont get past the 5th stage, but this does then unlock the bonus xp collection by using Signet Training(2 of these tokens per collection of XP) and can be done daily (or once every two days as it takes two days to collect two tokens). your second Necropolis run should be around 65k br, this should get you past lvl 10 or very close and release more xp to collect from the Signet tokens.

6). slyphs: Once you get to lvl 50 you can get one, follow the quest and you will get an Iris slyph, put this straight on your character and then head to lvl 4 of the slyph atol and keep bashing away until you get a Gaia iris, use this one as it has very good attack powers, dont forget to put your iris on to meditate in your farm. you will actually need 3 slyphs for the slyph arena, activated at lvl 55, where you can "win" spectulums for improving your slyph (weekly and daily prize dependant on ranking). If you are lucky enough to have some Mahra use this on your Gaia, dont use your spectulums YET, save these until you have a decent lvl slyph (for ease they come in 5 flavours: White (lowest), Green, Blue, Purple and Orange (highest), with each lvl having 5 star levels and increasing costs of Mahra to lvl them up to the next star rating (once you get to lvl 5 star the next lvl will increase its colour rating, white to green to blue to purple to orange). Very rarely in the slyph atol you might get a "free" none white slyph, so be careful if you sacrifice a higher lvl slyph to your current one (eg you have a white one and "win" a green or higher and sacrifice this for 3+ spectulums you have wasted that higher lvl slyph its better to keep it and lvl it up fast).

7). bound balens, do not whatever you do waste these at all the very first thing you need to save for is wings (1995 balen cost), these are very much worth it and worth the time it takes to save 1995 bound balens. If you have done the circuit quests you should also have a good amount of fashion shards so you can look to enhance the wings to lvl 2 as soon as possible with these (you need 5 fashion cores (50shards) to lvl 2 the wings but again worth the wait.

8). Skills: this depends on what you want to be, however overall I split my skills to be a 50/50mage, that is 50% of a healer and 50% of an attacker. lvl up the first two skills, then decide how you want to play, you will need healing and purification for later lvl dungeons so these are a must, suntoria is also essential for Garden of Death onwards (at lower br levels but useless once your teams br is sufficient to kill the lvl bosses without any healing of course!).

9). Dont let the big spenders get to you, if they are saying things about you, or trying to proke you in chat its usually because you have annoyed them by being as good or nearly as good as they are and without spending a lot of money. In my server several big spenders have tried this with me and all i do is ignore it, seems to annoy them even more!!

10). Academy skills: Know your skills, dont waste Kya on PATK if your a mage, or MATK if your a knight/archer, the same for your troops no point having troop MATK lvl'd up if you are using Templars! and USE your 5 plunders a day, not for the gold but for the Kya it gives, use Kya after you have done your MPD (but dont waste kya on none nightmare MPDs, ditto for keys).

+1 for effort.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Nice explenation for newbi, for knight which the best syliph you think? and what the best tactic for getting red astral?

Comment

Originally posted by R225403206 View Post
        Nice explenation for newbi, for knight which the best syliph you think? and what the best tactic for getting red astral?
        Iris for group arena (or in MPD/spire/ToK if you lack a mage) and Gaia for BG/WB/Class wars

There is no tactic for getting astrals. Spend more on astrals or exchange for a red one once you get 15000 star points.
        Character Name: hove
        Class: Knight
        Level: 74
        Battle Rating: 109k
        Honor Rank: Lord Divine
        Server: Aeria S4

Comment

Thank you!
          Last edited by AccelerWorld; 03-10-2014, 03:06 PM. Reason: smiley face gone wrong. :)
          This cruel world is filled with.... WEIRDOS AND PSCHOPATH FREAKS!

LUNARIA STORY
          Accelen
          My dear 28, s32, and the others, I CANNOT LOG ON FOR SOME REASON!

COME VISIT US IN [S28]CULLINA ISLES!

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            +1 for effort.
            wow, you're being too kind. If really you read his "guide", you should have given him 0. This guide is only good for the people who will quit before they reach 70.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Excellent guide! Thank you.

Comment

that's weird as I am already past lvl 70 and still buzzing the big spenders, now how that happen!! Oh yes did what I said about and now doing same on another server too, this time as an archer, 8 weeks into it and top 10, top 10 arena, just got wings too (lvl 2 already on wings) and all for nothing more than VIP. the only advantage of spending money seems to be it gets you there quicker, I would rather use intellect and skill to do that, might take time but you learn more and develop a much stronger character, but for Apollo, and now I guess Hades, I would be doing even better, still hitting top 3 in arena cant be too bad, being 2nd highest ranked mage, again not too bad... still we all have opinions, just some are not are accurate as others

Comment

wow, another guide that almost exactly the same with other guides, so hardcore....
                  and rush leveling to level 55 and skipping level 50 legendary? lmao, what is this? 2012?

Comment

wow, another guide that almost exactly the same with other guides, so hardcore....
                    and rush leveling to level 55 and skipping level 50 legendary? lmao, what is this? 2012?

Comment

quick question what bout jewelry and rings. do we get the 50 rings/jewelry? or save up for 60 rings/jewelry?

Comment

Originally posted by luna_moonraider View Post
                        quick question what bout jewelry and rings. do we get the 50 rings/jewelry? or save up for 60 rings/jewelry?
                        Depends on how fast u are leveling if u are fast leveler its hard to pass and save but will be worth it if u dropped straight to 60 jewels since they need more tokens and harder work i advice u to get them as hard as u can which is gonna take a while

Comment

Originally posted by R27658997 View Post
                          yeah rush lvling to 60+ and using the insigs for lvl 60 legs, still working for me and still annoying the hell outta the spenders, esp those who wasted so much money and time on lvl 50 leg stuff... oh well suckers are as suckers do

Comment

you forgot a few important things non cashers should remember.

Dont spend your sc, or mount whips unless there is an event going on.

Crypt keys id wait until your beating the whole thing why throw away some guaranteed lvl 3's you get lvl 1/2 gems much faster now then you used to with jewel hunt.

spend your mahra sep on 1 slyph you cant afford to level them all evenly.

Comment

Originally posted by CrypticMystic View Post
                              Iris for group arena (or in MPD/spire/ToK if you lack a mage) and Gaia for BG/WB/Class wars

There is no tactic for getting astrals. Spend more on astrals or exchange for a red one once you get 15000 star points.
                              There is a slight trick for getting orange and red astrals but its time consuming and costs: simply put try and get all the lights on the astral collection icons, so once lvl 3 is alight go back and try and get 2 alight, once lvl 4 alight try and get 3 alight again, it does take time and a lot of gold but I have found I get a lot more oranges and more frequent red drops by doing this, once all are alight click from left to right collection all and this way the luck percentages seem to increase for those rare drops

Comment

Working...
                              X