Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Know your Astrals!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know your Astrals!!

As we all know Depending on the astrals you use it can make you or Break you as a viable character within Wartune, so i am here to help with some of the astrals and their understanding. I will only go over the Orange and some purple astrals in this thread. bare with me

Soul Of Ashura -Floating Damage Expands 7% @ lvl 1 This Astral has been very questionable with the use of it. There hasnt been much understanding until now.
    This Astral has the CHANCE to increase your damage by the said Percent, But ALSO has the chance to decrease the damage by that precent. and also has the chance to be void altogether. giving this astral the chance to increase ur damage by the % giving by only 33% while the other 33% is normal damage and the other 33% negative damage. thus giving us a tiny bit of damage increase. this astral should Only Be used after level 60 when u have the 6th slot opened up for astral use and can afford that neg damage( meaning if u crit and and astral +% works u are a one hit wonder)

Reapers Eye - 2% chance to dodge enemy at lvl 1, this astral gives u the chance to dodge the enemies attack and only recieving 1 hp damage. this could be a table turning in some cases!

Light of Justice - Crit Base Damage increased by 5%- this astrals does as it says. Ideal for Characters that are Crit Base Build. I.E. Archers.

Empty Spirit- Chance to Recieve Crit Damage Decreased by -5% at level 1. this is an ideal astral for ANY class. it takes that epic archers 50% chance of crit and makes it 45% isnt that lovely? now u can burn him down with those magic spells! Whew

Dragons Breath - Reduce ALL damage by 3% at lvl 1. Ideal for EVERY CLass! Does as it says Get past that grooling lvl 60 crypt boss with ease now!

Soul Of Grace - Disables Crit Damage, but increases Damage by 5%- i see many Mages use this and it is EPIC! this is ideal for any class not crit base build. E.I knight and Mage.

Mirrored destruction - 10% chance to reflect 10% damage recieved. Ideal for that extra slot you have! but remmeber if u only receive 600 damage it wouldnt be worth ur while, out ab HP astral or something in it's place!

---------------------------------------------More on the Floating Damage astral-------------------------------------

After a few rounds of testing of about 13 hours in total messing around with the floating astral my findings are as follows. which conflict with my previous findings a bit.
    I have studied damage with no added effects and found there is a little variation...

okay say u have a 10% floating damage astrals this will increase the range in which u are able to do damage.

Lets say ur basic damage range before any added effects is 3000-4000

adding a 10% FLoating damage astral adds 10% to the top number and takes away 10% from the lower number

giving you the range of capable damage of 2700-4400. Potentially Increasing damage, but with a proc rate of 1/3 it is not ideal to use unless u lay ur life based on luck

ive had runs in the world boss event with a 28% floating damage astral and a 20% crit base damage astral equiped and with the same number of attacks and same number of crits one run i gained 19,454 gold/dura (97,270 damage) and the other round i only got 12,872 (64,360 Damage) doing exactly 33% less damage proving the proc rate of 1/3 to the Higher end of damage. the run of 19,454 every hit except one was + damage, on the other only one of the hits were + damage. every other either - damage or flat damage.

I hope my findings help a few of those wondering minds

Mystic2
    Immortals
    S1
    Cambrooke

S103
    Guild: Beast
    Class Mage
    Might Rank #2
    VIP 8

There is nowhere written that it has a procrate.. I wonder where are this number of chances coming? How much hits did you try until you figured it or what is the source of this information?
    Wartune S5 / Roaring Wetlands
    IGN: Feona
    Lvl 48 archer
    Leader of the guild Courage (rank 1)

Comment

Saliora's Light is very effective in Crypts having reduced any damage values by 40 for every level.

The monsters deals damage to me by 40 will decreased to 1. It is very excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Relion24 View Post
        There is nowhere written that it has a procrate.. I wonder where are this number of chances coming? How much hits did you try until you figured it or what is the source of this information?
        i'd say about 12-16 hours worth of wilds/world boss/ arena / MP dun / solo dun

but if u dont trust the numbers feel free to put THOUSANDS of exp into it and spend 7,000 star points on it like i did just to find out this information
        Cambrooke

S103
        Class Mage
        Might Rank #2
        VIP 8

Comment

11/16/14

results from one run solo dung with floating astral. 11 hit lower, 16 average, 14 higher.

lets use an average damage for a constant using 3000 while using 12% as the vairble

11x2640=29,040
          16x3000=48,000
          14x3360=47,040

overall 124,080

so 41 hits with arrow strike using the constant of 3000 without the effect of floating astral = 123,000

123,000/124,080= 0.072% increase in damage. Run number two commencing now..

7/18/21

7x2640=18,480
          18*3000=54000
          21*3360=70560

143040 overall damage
          13800 with no astral effect.

138000/143040 = 4.63% increase

so with a decent run with 3 times as many Highers than lowers u are capable of increasing damage by nearly 5% which isnt bad persay. tomorrow during first WB i will try to keep count of lower/ave/and higher hits. Im still not happy with this astral YET.

Mystic2
          Immortals
          S1

AstralKing
          Cambrooke

S103
          Class Mage
          Might Rank #2
          VIP 8

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic2 View Post
            i'd say about 12-16 hours worth of wilds/world boss/ arena / MP dun / solo dun

but if u dont trust the numbers feel free to put THOUSANDS of exp into it and spend 7,000 star points on it like i did just to find out this information
            If you missunderstood me: I appreciate this numbers! It's just the first time that a proccrate appears and I haven't done any research at my own. And if you're right, the astral is worse than expected and missing a lot in it's description.
            Wartune S5 / Roaring Wetlands
            IGN: Feona
            Lvl 48 archer
            Leader of the guild Courage (rank 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Relion24 View Post
              If you missunderstood me: I appreciate this numbers! It's just the first time that a proccrate appears and I haven't done any research at my own. And if you're right, the astral is worse than expected and missing a lot in it's description.
              well it does increase your overall damage over a run or long duration fight it seems. it just that moment when u need a 7k crit to finish somone off and come up with a 4.5k crit instead it will upset u. but u have to remmeber the 3 shots before maybe have been 2 for 7k, and one for 5.6k thus still leaving u ahead....

And i must admit this is the THIRD time i BOUGHT a floating damage astral to study it. my first thought is was TRASH.... second thought when i had the orange one was it's OKAY.. but not worth those hits that are 28% less.... and my third thought is overall damage is Increased... but dont get me wrong this is just with two runs. will try more tomorrow. The server is about to go down and this guy MIGHT try to get a little sleep.

Mystic2

AstralKing
              Cambrooke

S103
              Class Mage
              Might Rank #2
              VIP 8

Comment

any new findings about floating dmg astrals?

Comment

actually yes... i just bought my 5th floating astral, i kept feeding it to a different one.. but since it increases Damage over all. if even by 1% i have determined i should use it being i have one astral slot i can notfigure out what to put in it for Opt max damage.
                  Cambrooke

S103
                  Class Mage
                  Might Rank #2
                  VIP 8

Comment

so it's worth 7k star points? how do you compare it to increase crit base dmg? +7 % floating dmg or 5% increase in crit base dmg for archer that is
                    thanks in advance

Comment

increase base crit damage over floating anyday

(base damage x floating) x50%( for crit)

3000x12% x 50% = 5040

(3000) x50% x 12% = 5040

i believe the crit base damage is constant as where the floating is now.

Crit base damage if u have HIGH crit. also for PVP even if u dont have high crit. multi shot crits period.

my new astral set is Patk1080(soon to be level 6) floating damage 12% Goddes's touch lvl 3 and 25% crit base
                      Cambrooke

S103
                      Class Mage
                      Might Rank #2
                      VIP 8

Comment

well assuming if your formula is correct, i'd say floating over base crit
                        floating dmg applies for all kind of attack, including non-crit
                        while increase base crit only apply when you crit
                        plus yellow floating has 7% base modifier and yellow crit base only has 5% base modifier

Comment

Working...
                        X