Mages out there! Come on in brethrens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mages out there! Come on in brethrens

Any new updates about us Mages? I love Damnation + Thuderer but its too costly.. wish there was a build that would work with those 2... I hear in 45+ multi player dungeon we'll need Purification? is this true o.o
    Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Yeah you'll defintiely need puri for lv 45 dungeon, for the last boss at least. You'll actually need it for lv 50 dungeon too, since the bosses over there do the same stupid debuff the lv 45 last boss does (talk about originality here).
    Damnation is great but loses value as you gain high matk (over 8k), and I think thunderer is trash because it takes too long to cast, at least in pvp, but that's just my opinion Rain of fire all the way baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Envy33213 View Post
      Yeah you'll defintiely need puri for lv 45 dungeon, for the last boss at least. You'll actually need it for lv 50 dungeon too, since the bosses over there do the same stupid debuff the lv 45 last boss does (talk about originality here).
      Damnation is great but loses value as you gain high matk (over 8k), and I think thunderer is trash because it takes too long to cast, at least in pvp, but that's just my opinion Rain of fire all the way baby!
      ^ RoF Lv.4 and Meteor Lv.3 for a very GG Experience They Soon Won't Forget

P.S. Give Up On Damnation Just Not Worth Putting Into Unless You Buy the Double Skill And Make "Something" out of it which "I" Personally am too lazy to do, it MIGHT become useful in the later levels but too many skills better then them, heals and Castinator+meteor and purif after my build which i posted sometime back (just need the levels to input work into them)
      'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Damnation is amazing agaisnt high mdef target because it bypass mdef. It's a fix amount of damage. My lv 5 RoF with 9.2k matk hits a 7k mdef target for roughly 3k, while a damnation lv 3 does about 4.5k. A duel of high mdef mage usually goes into the 50% extra damage range, and If you get there and pop your damnation at that moment, it's GG. The 10% extra dmg from level 3 also greatly speeds up team dungeon, once you reach badlands bosses have got quite alot of HP, so every extra bit of damage helps.

But ProNab is right, you're better off going with meteor if you don't have double skill since it has more utility.

Comment

i've got double skill. you're Envy from s1 i assume? any skill tips based from your experience?
          also, so you use Damnation right Envy?

ProNab why Meteor + RoF? isn't that consuming too many skill points?

Comment

Aye that's me on S1, and I do use damnation on my pvp build. Skill tips? well in my opinion any build is good as long as they don't include any of the delphic Unless of course you use it as a prereq for thunderer, but even then I'm not a fan of thunderer, but I know a few good mages out there that makes good use of it. Personnaly my first build is 100% made for crypt, because I beleive that's the most important part of the game (best rings trinkets and gems) so it includes all heals maxed (yes that means blessed light lv 2). I was worried at first about maxing blessed light because the prereq is lv 3 purification wich also requires meteor, but since purification is a must have to beat lv 45 and lv 50 dungeon, well let's just say it killed my worries. Also you can do purification solo in badlands if you have level 2, assuming you have an archer with slow, and I don't know about your server, but here it's alot easier finding an archer with slow then a 2nd mage with purification. From what I've seen of gardens of death (lv 50 dung) purification is even more needed, so it's definitely worth getting.

Second build is for pvp, but mage pvp is extremely simple, so it's just the basics. RoF, restore, and all passive. After that I'd say it's just preference, some likes taking suntoria for team arena, others like me prefer a more offensive route and takes damnation.

If I had just 1 skill build tho, it would probably include rof, restore, suntoria, and blessed light 1 (definitely not 2). After that I'd put points into meteor, but getting there is in the late 50's anyway, so that's not for tommorow.

But in the end, it's all about your playstyle and what you are more comfortable with. Mages are lucky to have a nice skill tree with several options and good possible builds.

Comment

what lvl crypt are you at Envy? I'm at 65 but will be at 70 very soon

Comment

Interesting build.

Comment

Currently at 90, should get it done soon tho, a bad stun killed me at the end today oh well. I heard after 100 you restart from level 1 but everything is 5x stronger, should be interesting.

Comment

Hey guys, I have a question about astrals. Does the soul of grace ( disable crit, + x% dmg) affect healing skills or offensive skills only?

Comment

Working...
                    X