No announcement yet.

[Guide] Cerden's Event Quest Solution!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] Cerden's Event Quest Solution!

Seems mainly its a timezone issue on your computer. Basically, change your time zone to say.... abu dabi or something like 12 hours off.

Change your SYSTEM time zone like in the picture. RELOAD.

Seems GMT +4 for people on east coast, or GMT +8 for those on west. Either way, try both if the first does not work.

You must keep the time zone changed to keep the quest visible and get credit. However, once you are done with the quest for the day you can change it back to your normal time zone... but, you must change it again the next day to see it once more.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	eventfix.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	1732467
    Last edited by Cerden; 09-23-2012, 08:07 AM.
    Cerden - Knight of Warlords on Edena Village

Verified now with over 12 different people. It is a fix. You can change your time zone back once you get them, but you may have to change it again tomorrow to regain them.

Comment

Thanks cerden, you should be rewarded for this from the R2 staff.
      Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

I tried it and it does work. Logically this makes no sense why it would happen....

Comment

Originally posted by R23078284 View Post
          Thanks cerden, you should be rewarded for this from the R2 staff.
          Everyone who has missed out on the event the first few days should be compensated.

Comment

Originally posted by Teralitha View Post
            I tried it and it does work. Logically this makes no sense why it would happen....
            The issue itself makes no sense, so logically a nonsensical workaround makes sense :P

I've shown this thread to the GMs. Hopefully it'll provide some insight into what the cause of the issue is and get them closer to finding a fix so it doesn't happen to future events.
            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Moderator MemoryLane can you also mention that we should be compensated? Extend the event or something? for the lost days ....

and perhaps give that man Cerden a present too
              Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

I wonder if everyone that is having problems is perhaps using Windows Vista and/or their system time zone is Eastern. Perhaps a bug with using Vista and having system time zone same as server time zone. Just speculation, but anyway, your welcome. :P

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	wrong time.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	1660661

I change the time like in the thread only one problem though while i was fighting boss the server time changed. Its not 3:03 server time on gmt. SO when you change the time on your pc you cause a bug to be displayed on server time.

Comment

pacific standard time not gmt in this server S1

Comment

You can change your time zone back, but you may have to repeat the process tomorrow to get the quests again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerden View Post
                        I wonder if everyone that is having problems is perhaps using Windows Vista and/or their system time zone is Eastern. Perhaps a bug with using Vista and having system time zone same as server time zone. Just speculation, but anyway, your welcome. :P
                        It's not related to time zone, server, level, computer, browser, update, cookies, cache, and a dozen other things they had me up until 5 am checking :P I personally use a windows xp system, and am on the east coast US, but another mod who can't see them is using a mac on the west coast.

Only known thing is that it's not everyone, if it affects you on one server then it affects you on all servers, and a GM can look at the account and see them just fine.
                        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

What about the version of flash player?

Comment

Well, anyway, hope they figure it out. Atleast now you won't have to stay up so late again.

Comment

+1 this thread need to be sticked ...this worked for me too... now err, what about the 2 day of lost stuff...

i'm on the west coast, i changed time zone to +8 instead of -8. cleared cache reloaded and saw the event quest in game...works fine now...

changed my time back....

this need to be sticky

too bad i already used my runs..but i guess i can try this tomorrow. 3 days behind now though...
                              Last edited by 御萧xXLJXx; 09-22-2012, 11:44 PM.
                              Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

Working...
                              X