Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Arena Matching and League Points (theories and Updated)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuardianAngel47
    replied
    Originally posted by R27560757SpeeDHunter View Post
    so your talking about the lost after the 3 Naked bug showed up, not the lost on basic matching right?

*Edit: you know i cant answer that
    Oh I'm not including those 3 naked knights or the insta-loss. This is starting to turn into a me whining about matching and I don't want that to happen XD

I'll just accept it as is. Thanks man

Leave a comment:

• R27560757SpeeDHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by GuardianAngel47 View Post
    We usually refresh when there happens to be the bugs when we get into arena and instantly lose once the next screen comes up and the 3 Naked Knights bug. Other than that we have no other problems.
    so your talking about the lost after the 3 Naked bug showed up, not the lost on basic matching right?

*Edit: you know i cant answer that
    Last edited by R27560757SpeeDHunter; 07-14-2014, 07:21 AM. Reason: edit included

Leave a comment:

• GuardianAngel47
    replied
    We usually refresh when there happens to be the bugs when we get into arena and instantly lose once the next screen comes up and the 3 Naked Knights bug. Other than that we have no other problems.

Leave a comment:

• R27560757SpeeDHunter
    replied
    My team has been toying with times every now and again trying to get different matching. We have started at 12:30 or so server time on that particular day. We got wait times ranging from 10 to a max of 54 seconds in the final 6 attempts with a team refresh that lead to a change of room that took about three minutes on the second to last attempt. Needless to say, we got pretty frustrated.
    i have Good news and Bad news for you, the Good news is i have 3 possible answers for you but the Bad news is if we apply the 3 answer i have on your details, honestly it doesnt make sense, so i think the problem you have is the internet connection. usually if you face same opponents consecutively it will only take under 10-20secs, so maybe 1-2 of your team is having internet prob. so im thinking why your team refreshed?

Leave a comment:

• GuardianAngel47
    replied
    pls be detailed, nxt time observe the "Matching-Time", your Clock (what exact time did this happen, like 19:00, 20:00; etc) and if you can identify your opponents' level much better. coz i cant answer you just because you ask why.
    My team has been toying with times every now and again trying to get different matching. We have started at 12:30 or so server time on that particular day. We got wait times ranging from 10 to a max of 54 seconds in the final 6 attempts with a team refresh that lead to a change of room that took about three minutes on the second to last attempt. Needless to say, we got pretty frustrated.

Leave a comment:

• Hatake_py
    replied
    sorry man but what you are saying is a bad joke, today as all days we fight agains 2 lvl 70+ with 1 lvl 50+ and all my team is lvl 60 to 63 most of the time since we are a new server and no one is level 70 yet, ****, i can even imagine lvls 70 changing for a weak angel and unsocketing gems in is party member to make team with even lower lvls, since they got better gems removing 1 or 2 pieces of gears will not make a difference for they to win, TA got a huge hole called BR matching.

Leave a comment:

• R27560757SpeeDHunter
    replied
    I see your theory. I like it. I just don't understand why a team would have to face the same opponents 6+ times in a row without seeing a different one. Call it coincidence but there is something wrong in that aspect.
    pls be detailed, nxt time observe the "Matching-Time", your Clock (what exact time did this happen, like 19:00, 20:00; etc) and if you can identify your opponents' level much better. coz i cant answer you just because you ask why.

Originally posted by CrazyDude9 View Post
    Just an observation. It seems the system checks the highest level player among the three and finds an enemy team within that player's range. The ranging system is similar to BG. The other two players' levels are considered in such a way that it determines the probability of being paired to the lower bracket.

Example:
    Highest level among the three: 43
    Levels of other two: 35 and 38
    The team will have a higher chance of being paired up with a team within 35-44 range. The next with highest probability will be 40-49.

Another one:
    Highest level: 50
    Others' levels: 49 and 44
    The team will have a higher chance of being paired up with a team within 50-59 range. The next with highest probability will be 45-54.

Also, I feel that the party leader's level also somehow affects the matchup, to a lesser extent.
    great share but i tested this long ago up until now with (L)49;54;64, and (L)46;49;54, and i lost count how many i helped and what's their levels, and i even created an alt to test the much lower levels of 28 to 30s but 1 conclusion i got, it doesn't affect the match ups, what's more disappointing is we cant prove this, coz the results are depending on how many teams attends the Arena which are the numbers are unstable. the logic is "the less teams attends the arena, the more we got Mismatches" which the Mismatch is much terrible than before so blame those ppl say "i wont join arena unless you fix the mismatches" , "i have too much insignia, im not gonna join arena" or whatever reasons they may have, coz those ppl are involved in Mismatches we have.
    Last edited by R27560757SpeeDHunter; 07-11-2014, 06:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyDude9
    replied
    Just an observation. It seems the system checks the highest level player among the three and finds an enemy team within that player's range. The ranging system is similar to BG. The other two players' levels are considered in such a way that it determines the probability of being paired to the lower bracket.

Example:
    Highest level among the three: 43
    Levels of other two: 35 and 38
    The team will have a higher chance of being paired up with a team within 35-44 range. The next with highest probability will be 40-49.

Another one:
    Highest level: 50
    Others' levels: 49 and 44
    The team will have a higher chance of being paired up with a team within 50-59 range. The next with highest probability will be 45-54.

Also, I feel that the party leader's level also somehow affects the matchup, to a lesser extent.
    Last edited by CrazyDude9; 07-10-2014, 08:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GuardianAngel47
    replied
    I see your theory. I like it. I just don't understand why a team would have to face the same opponents 6+ times in a row without seeing a different one. Call it coincidence but there is something wrong in that aspect.

Leave a comment:

• R27560757SpeeDHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by alfonsord30 View Post
    well, I guess that'd be true, thought I'm inclined to think is it also search the level of one of the 3 team members first teams levels

EX a lv 65;70;80 fight three times, the first criteria would be look for another team of 65's, the next match would look for 70's and the 3rd match for 80's
    see
    Levels in your Team

Yes, it also considers the levels on your team.

Ex: XX;60;XX matched with higher XX;XX;60 or XX;60;60
    XX represent any levels and its same concept in your example but there's no such Order like 1st will be 65, 2nd 70, 3rd 80;
    i think it has to do something with Matching-time like lvl 70 found you and same as 80. the order is not important.

Leave a comment:

• alfonsord30
    replied
    well, I guess that'd be true, thought I'm inclined to think is it also search the level of one of the 3 team members first teams levels

EX a lv 65;70;80 fight three times, the first criteria would be look for another team of 65's, the next match would look for 70's and the 3rd match for 80's

Leave a comment:

• MageRockz
    replied
    does it look like i got it from somewhere?
    i said theoretically. my very own theory. if you find all my post about Arena, they're very or somewhat consistent to this thread.
    if you read it carefully, it makes sense than what others says.
    definitely agree with your theory man

Leave a comment:

• Wolfanarchy
    replied
    This is a great info man, and it helps confused people understand ( i'm one of them ). Tyvm for this thread

Leave a comment:

• Linkoneusc
    replied
    Agree... seems logical to me.

Leave a comment:

• R27560757SpeeDHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
    erm...where excactly you got this info from?
    does it look like i got it from somewhere?
    i said theoretically. my very own theory. if you find all my post about Arena, they're very or somewhat consistent to this thread.
    if you read it carefully, it makes sense than what others says.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X