Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arena Matching and League Points (theories and Updated)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember this?
    Originally posted by R27560757SpeeDHunter View Post
    Availability of Players

This one is Important, Availability of Player is the very essence of how the Arena matching works. For example, your team is in 40 range taking Arena but there’s no one in your range is available (or your 1 of the time-related mismatch). So the Matching system search incrementing the range to 50, if still there’s no one at 50, it increments again at 60, and so on, until it finds an available team.

*it illustrates why there are level 80s matching 30s or rarely 40s (this is why it confuses the 30s why they’re matched with high levels); sometimes 40s matching to 50s or if not it matches 60. It increments the search to which is available. But you have to remember it searches 1st your range (or levels in your team).

Matching-time

It is very tricky to explain this how it affects your match but it is.

in simple description, some Matching-time has 5 to 10 secs to find one and some took longer or some just 2secs, because every team is searching for a match. For example, level 80s team took longer to find match and none available but there’s 30s who has just 5secs on matching-time. This figure out the Mismatches we had.

*Edit: Matching doesnt randomized in such specific time why? coz if its randomized then if your matching time is above 20secs then you matched with 5secs then the condition of being random is not applied to the other team with 5secs which the team is also matched with random.
    Explains our favorable mismatches.
    the difference between

- Team: A76 (175k br) + A76 (159k br) + A74 (125 k br) + K 74( 125 k br) (this is average team during week)

and

K58 105k, K58 97k, M59 65k, A59 75k.

is that ours is 55-59, so there's bigger chance to be matched with 50-59. He was asking why they always get matched with 80s. I replied with:
    Originally posted by CrazyDude9 View Post
    if u ask me, its because u've got lvl 76s there. your team falls under 70-80 bracket, so more chance of getting 80s. if all of u were 74, ur team have a greater chance to fall under 65-74.

you two have similar condition if what you say here might be true
    not quite. our group composed of ppl in bracket 55-59, while they had 2ppl from 70-74, and 2 from 75-80, hence the greater chance of getting matched with 80s, as i stated above.

then your team range (58-59) would be matching favorably to 60s,since there's a greater chance your team falls under 55-64?
    yup, it will be favorable to 60s, and unfavorable for us. we DID get a match with 60s...
    (that 1 lost match we got matched up with 60s
    but why only 1? because...
    Matching-time
    and
    Availability of Players
    we just happened to be doing arena at the best time. a coincidence that caused by many players of our level or lower doing arena at that time.
    ALSO, the 60s that were supposed to be mismatched with us MAYBE also got matched with people with their own level. Hence explains our very good luck that day.
    if you apply something then it should be application to all
    yes, correct. so i'll try to prove that i'm being consistent.
    the bracket i assumed for matching is +10 (40-49;50-59; etc)
    if there's no available match in range then it will increment to the next.

its very similar to mismatched you had Crazydude9 since the 40s doesnt have match in their range then they matched yours (which 58-59).
    it doesnt make sense to your "fall under" which 40s doesnt fall to 55-64. what am i saying is your "fall under range" doesnt apply to all ranges.
    those 40s we fought could have been waiting for long (who knows). so what happens when it takes too long to find a team?
    *sometimes 40s matching to 50s or if not it matches 60. It increments the search to which is available. But you have to remember it searches 1st your range (or levels in your team).
    so the system tried to find in a bracket next to theirs. whats the bracket next to 40s? 50s, right?
    and our team is under the category "50s", right?
    so it makes sense that those 40s got (mis)matched with us.
    Last edited by CrazyDude9; 10-28-2014, 07:39 AM.
    S292 Archer level 46
    35k BR (with blessing wheel)
    August 23, 2013 - November 3, 2013 (R.I.P)

S479 Knight Level 80
    283k BR (blessed), 40k from sylph (02-28-15)
    May 23, 2014 - March 16, 2015 (will return later on)

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

not quite. our group composed of ppl in bracket 55-59, while they had 2ppl from 70-74, and 2 from 75-80, hence the greater chance of getting matched with 80s, as i stated above.
      so 55-59 doesnt below to 55-64 range?, is that what are you saying?
      so what's is the difference with this
      ur team have a greater chance to fall under 65-74

fist, +10 matching is evidently exist in the system.
      that's why 40s matched your team (58-59) which covers 50-59 bracket as i assumed, even at short period of time.

half of your statement consist of +5s matching while the other half consist of +10s matching which is very confusing.

i dont consider 55-64 or 65-74 to a +10 bracket coz they belong to
      Levels in your Team

Yes, it also considers the levels on your team.

Ex: XX;60;XX;XX matched with higher XX;XX;60 or XX;60;60;XX or 60;60;60;60
      I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
      and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

Working...
      X