Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arena Matching and League Points (theories and Updated)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We usually refresh when there happens to be the bugs when we get into arena and instantly lose once the next screen comes up and the 3 Naked Knights bug. Other than that we have no other problems.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianAngel47 View Post
      We usually refresh when there happens to be the bugs when we get into arena and instantly lose once the next screen comes up and the 3 Naked Knights bug. Other than that we have no other problems.
      so your talking about the lost after the 3 Naked bug showed up, not the lost on basic matching right?

*Edit: you know i cant answer that
      Last edited by R27560757SpeeDHunter; 07-14-2014, 07:21 AM. Reason: edit included
      I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
      and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

Originally posted by R27560757SpeeDHunter View Post
        so your talking about the lost after the 3 Naked bug showed up, not the lost on basic matching right?

*Edit: you know i cant answer that
        Oh I'm not including those 3 naked knights or the insta-loss. This is starting to turn into a me whining about matching and I don't want that to happen XD

I'll just accept it as is. Thanks man

Comment

ty for the additional idea .

Comment

Just Admit it for goodness sake the matching system is broken ha always been the case you cant tell me or any one else that on both arena sessions there are not enough players in areana to push it to random match ups....thats exactly what its doing...all the weaker teams on my server are up against teams 5x their BR because your company can't find the technical solution to fix it in script....stop coming up with excuses we are all getting tired of it

Comment

look you should be able to just log on and fight a team your own strength or cloe too it bit 150k r-250k br higher then your toon X4 guys its a joke

Comment

Originally posted by R294395081 View Post
                look you should be able to just log on and fight a team your own strength or cloe too it bit 150k r-250k br higher then your toon X4 guys its a joke
                this thread tells you how it works, it doesnt have the power to change the system and your asking the wrong person to change it for your own benefit. i cant convince anyone or you if you cant accept ideas and reasons. if you disagree to this then so be it, nothing will change anyway.
                I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.

Comment

Yes! you read the title right, How Arena Matching works theoretically.

Most Players are misinformed that the matching is the yes, you are misinformed that's why you assumed that it is broken.

*Edit: 3v3 arena is no different than 4v4 arena, the matching is still the same.

and some are informed with
                  yes, it is half true but the term random is unacceptable because it leads people to think the matching is broken

and more of these. but these 2 are the Primary issues
                  ​
                  This Info thread will explain how this system works theoretically.

*why theoretically? coz it can’t be proven but its logically detailed.

*i'll also explain how the system searches for a match.

Arena Matching is based on:
                  • Time-related
                  • Levels in your team
                  • Availability of Players
                  • Matching-time
                  Time-related

Arena Matching is also time-related. the time you doing arena itself, how is that affected the matching? For example, you start doing arena at certain time like 19:00 (GMT +8) and finish after 15-20mins which most people do, So these people whose are already done lessen or minimize the player pool.

Ex: 1st -10th teams started at 19:00 *which probably match if they meet the conditions

11th-15th started at 19:10 *while 1st-10th finished after 15mins, there’s still 5 team left after 19:15 which these 5 needs 10 more minutes to finish theirs, so 1 of the 5 teams will probably have a mismatch, So as the time runs out, more teams are finished, teams are matched the same frequently like “hey! You again?! Come on..”

Levels in your Team

Yes, it also considers the levels on your team.

Ex: XX;60;XX;XX matched with higher XX;XX;60 or XX;60;60;XX or 60;60;60;60

Availability of Players

This one is Important, Availability of Player is the very essence of how the Arena matching works. For example, your team is in 40 range taking Arena but there’s no one in your range is available (or your 1 of the time-related mismatch). So the Matching system search incrementing the range to 50, if still there’s no one at 50, it increments again at 60, and so on, until it finds an available team.
                  *This is how the Matching system searches for a team

*it illustrates why there are level 80s matching 30s or rarely 40s (this is why it confuses the 30s why they’re matched with high levels); sometimes 40s matching to 50s or if not it matches 60. It increments the search to which is available. But you have to remember it searches 1st your range (or levels in your team).

Matching-time

It is very tricky to explain this how it affects your match but it is.

in simple description, some Matching-time has 5 to 10 secs to find one and some took longer or some just 2secs, because every team is searching for a match. For example, level 80s team took longer to find match and none available but there’s 30s who has just 5secs on matching-time. This figure out the Mismatches we had.

*Edit: Matching doesnt randomized in such specific time why? coz if its randomized then if your matching time is above 20secs then you matched with 5secs then the condition of being random is not applied to the other team with 5secs which the team is also matched with random.

How League Points/Ranks works

Iron and Unrank should be getting 190pts/win, Silver is 220pts/win, Gold is 235pts/win, if you lose, you gain based on what the winner's group. you may got 140, 90, 40, 30pts/lose. (I havent tried winning in diamond group or against it but i do get diamond rewards)
                  and i think the ranks also updating in "real-time" so you may get different pts than you expect.

Ex: you belong to League Group of Iron or Unrank then you win 190/win.

Q: why im getting a different pts than 190 or 220 based on my group?
                  A: its the remainder of the group pts, Iron has 1800pts requirement if you win 9x then there a 90 remainder but it's updated to 2520pts now if didnt noticed that.

try this if you want. its just a pts calculator for the whole week. download it here
                  Can I ask you, as expert for this, to explain to me and proof that matching isnt ****, as it is in our real areana every day:

- Team: A76 (175k br) + A76 (159k br) + A74 (125 k br) + K 74( 125 k br) (this is average team during week)

And this team mainly plays arena, at 1800 ST Europe, mainly, we are doing arena starting between 18:15-18:30 and during our runs we are matching mostly 80's level teams with 50k-100k br higher then us. And best of best is , that we are matching 80' in every group,Iron,Silver,Gold... so, only reason for existing of groups is points and rewards, not matching!!!!!!

Under "mostly" im saying 13 of 15 arenas are 80's as opposite team. Is it possible that system always give lowers to match higher then they are?

We are playing at 416 server,and mostly, our arena teams have similar stories.

Please, who ever can explain this fully logical,I will recommend him personally for Nobel price

Comment

Originally posted by jasminko View Post
                    And this team mainly plays arena, at 1800 ST Europe, mainly, we are doing arena starting between 18:15-18:30 and during our runs we are matching mostly 80's level teams with 50k-100k br higher then us. And best of best is , that we are matching 80' in every group,Iron,Silver,Gold... so, only reason for existing of groups is points and rewards, not matching!!!!!!

I did not say anything that League Groupings has anything to do with matching.. here's the proof
                    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....99#post1097199

Under "mostly" im saying 13 of 15 arenas are 80's as opposite team. Is it possible that system always give lowers to match higher then they are?

the system always increment the search for matching, evidently as my experience in my arena and you might consider that there's a possibility that you're encountering this
                    Levels in your Team

Yes, it also considers the levels on your team.

Ex: XX;60;XX;XX matched with higher XX;XX;60 or XX;60;60;XX or 60;60;60;60
                    the possibility that there are level 70's with 80s in their team.

Arena is a system where everything is done in "real-time" so the possibility depends on how many are ppl are there or how many ppl in your range are there in the same time as you doing arena itself.

and I am no expert...

Comment

becuz every body wanna win and do mix level arena...
                      i know they noob killing low -_-

Comment

Just another observation, addition to my previous reply in this thread...
                        The best time to do arena is during the first 30mins of the hour: 12:00-12:30, 18:00-18:30, 19:00-19:30. (Idk about 13:00-13:30, since i never did arena in this timeframe).
                        19:30-20:00 is ambiguous: many alts on this time, many weaker latecomers on this time, many level 80s on this time too.
                        12:30-13:00 is kinda bad imo. 13:30-14:00 is kinda ok. But I rarely enter on these times, so I can't say much

A few situations of my personal experience in arena...
                        -There was a time we had 14/15 wins, 18:00 arena. All of in our team within level 55-59 range. Character info: K58 105k, K58 97k, M59 65k, A59 75k. (that 1 lost match we got matched up with 60s. there were also favorable mismatches: we met some lvl 40s too)
                        -There was another time we had 12/15 wins, started 19:30. Levels within 55-64 range. Infos: K58 97k, A64 120k+, A58 75k, *i forgot the other guy, BR lower than the other 3* (got matched with 80s too. we also got matches from 60s, but our 64 guy took them out *yeah!*)
                        -Another match we had 1/7 win, started 18:00. Lineup: K58 97k, K64 99k, K61 100k+, *forgot the other guy, but he's in 55-64 and low br* Most matches were with super strong 60s, some in 65-69. We stopped doing arena.

I played with my alt.
                        -Won about 7 or 8/15. Lineup: A30 7k (me, sucky br heheheh -.-), M26 14k, A28 10k, K34 15-20k. Rarely did we ever get matched with 40s. Losses are accounted to 39 campers. No matches with 50-80. Started around 18:30.
                        -We had 2/15 wins. Lineup: A30 7k, A70 50k+, A68 45k+, *i forgot the other one*. Matches mostly with 70s. Wins are from guys below 50. This team actually lost to some 55-59 group that my main was able to beat. Time19:30
                        -12/15 wins. Lineup: A30 10k, *the other 3 are 39 campers with 30k+ br* All matches are with 44 and below people. 3 losses are from a strong camper group in 40-44. Time19:00

I have no permanent team, but there are people who I tend to team up more frequently than others. I tend to pick people from 55-59 bracket. If none, I extend it to 50-59. Most of the time, we are able to reach 60% win rate (9/15). The best so far is 14/15. Unluckiest situation: get matched up 3-4x in a row with 60s. There are times we get matched with 65-69 people too whose br is similar or lower than mine, but we lose because of HS -.-

The most prominent observation I got is that the highest level within your group greatly affects who you get matched up with. However, it doesn't guarantee a match with the same level bracket. It just decides the probability. Also, this does not mean that the other people's levels are not important: it also affects matching, to a less extent compared to the former statement.
                        Mismatches happen because of lacking number of teams, time elapsed matching, etc. (as explained by OP) That's why I usually cancel matching when timer reaches 40+ secs.

IN MY OPINION, the best way for a countermeasure is to be strong for your level bracket, team up with people of your own level bracket, and do arena at the peak of the hour.
                        S292 Archer level 46
                        35k BR (with blessing wheel)
                        August 23, 2013 - November 3, 2013 (R.I.P)

S479 Knight Level 80
                        283k BR (blessed), 40k from sylph (02-28-15)
                        May 23, 2014 - March 16, 2015 (will return later on)

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

the only thing that we can avoid to get so much miss matched with high lv is we need to do arena with same "level"
                          for now i've try to do arena again since not doing arena for a few months...
                          all my party was lv 71....
                          from 15 attemps usually only got miss matched with hight lv like lv 80 only 1-2 attemps...
                          and for BR its doesnt change anything...
                          just learn from LoA, league of angel
                          where TA ( team arena) on there is about total lv from 3 players on the team...
                          no matter even u're lv 70 if u go with 2 lv 30 total lv is just 130, and on LoA match is divided by 29 lv, 90-119, 120-149, 150-179
                          so from there i just think its almost same..
                          the only problem when lv 30-40 got matched with lv 70-80 is just because its own game, like a bugged..
                          Server - 389

Class - Knight

Lv - 80

BR 2,59Mil - (Include Kids and 2 Slyphs)

Comment

lol

Can I ask you, as expert for this, to explain to me and proof that matching isnt ****, as it is in our real areana every day:

- Team: A76 (175k br) + A76 (159k br) + A74 (125 k br) + K 74( 125 k br) (this is average team during week)

Please, who ever can explain this fully logical,I will recommend him personally for Nobel price
                            ( the victorana angelprincess)
                            the angel of godness in the castle of victoria kingdom at sky never ask me for help do your best stupid thing no know have.this brave do your stupid things and never find this game that is not perfect for life need a r2games for life no one know this game hahahah go little guys play yourself and enjoy:D:D

Comment

Originally posted by R273327041 View Post

if u ask me, its because u've got lvl 76s there. your team falls under 70-80 bracket, so more chance of getting 80s. if all of u were 74, ur team have a greater chance to fall under 65-74, meaning more chance of getting ppl of ur lvl. not saying this is 100% true; just a hypothesis based on my statement above.

so if u had to find teammates, they should be 70-74.
                              Last edited by CrazyDude9; 10-27-2014, 04:40 AM.
                              S292 Archer level 46
                              35k BR (with blessing wheel)
                              August 23, 2013 - November 3, 2013 (R.I.P)

S479 Knight Level 80
                              283k BR (blessed), 40k from sylph (02-28-15)
                              May 23, 2014 - March 16, 2015 (will return later on)

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

they're the same, see..
                                Can I ask you
                                Originally posted by R273327041 View Post
                                Can I ask you,

if you look at your statement you posted
                                Originally posted by CrazyDude9 View Post
                                A few situations of my personal experience in arena...
                                -There was a time we had 14/15 wins, 18:00 arena. All of in our team within level 55-59 range. Character info: K58 105k, K58 97k, M59 65k, A59 75k. (that 1 lost match we got matched up with 60s. there were also favorable mismatches: we met some lvl 40s too)

and this

you two have similar condition if what you say here might be true
                                if all of u were 74, ur team have a greater chance to fall under 65-74

then your team range (58-59) would be matching favorably to 60s,since there's a greater chance your team falls under 55-64?

sounds similar right? but they're not. its contraditing the way i see because of this.
                                there were also favorable mismatches: we met some lvl 40s too

the bracket i assumed for matching is +10 (40-49;50-59; etc)
                                if there's no available match in range then it will increment to the next.

its very similar to mismatched you had Crazydude9 since the 40s doesnt have match in their range then they matched yours (which 58-59).
                                it doesnt make sense to your "fall under" which 40s doesnt fall to 55-64. what am i saying is your "fall under range" doesnt apply to all ranges.

if you apply something then it should be application to all

Comment

Working...
                                X