Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arena Matching and League Points (theories and Updated)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Matching and League Points (theories and Updated)

Yes! you read the title right, How Arena Matching works theoretically.

Most Players are misinformed that the matching is the
    Sum of 3 Player's level then divide it by 3 and round it off etc.
    yes, you are misinformed that's why you assumed that it is broken.

*Edit: 3v3 arena is no different than 4v4 arena, the matching is still the same.

and some are informed with
    if nothing matches your team in your level range then it will matches your team randomly.
    yes, it is half true but the term random is unacceptable because it leads people to think the matching is broken

and more of these. but these 2 are the Primary issues
    ​
    This Info thread will explain how this system works theoretically.

*why theoretically? coz it can’t be proven but its logically detailed.

*i'll also explain how the system searches for a match.

Arena Matching is based on:
    • Time-related
    • Levels in your team
    • Availability of Players
    • Matching-time
    Time-related

Arena Matching is also time-related. the time you doing arena itself, how is that affected the matching? For example, you start doing arena at certain time like 19:00 (GMT +8) and finish after 15-20mins which most people do, So these people whose are already done lessen or minimize the player pool.

Ex: 1st -10th teams started at 19:00 *which probably match if they meet the conditions

11th-15th started at 19:10 *while 1st-10th finished after 15mins, there’s still 5 team left after 19:15 which these 5 needs 10 more minutes to finish theirs, so 1 of the 5 teams will probably have a mismatch, So as the time runs out, more teams are finished, teams are matched the same frequently like “hey! You again?! Come on..”

Levels in your Team

Yes, it also considers the levels on your team.

Ex: XX;60;XX;XX matched with higher XX;XX;60 or XX;60;60;XX or 60;60;60;60

Availability of Players

This one is Important, Availability of Player is the very essence of how the Arena matching works. For example, your team is in 40 range taking Arena but there’s no one in your range is available (or your 1 of the time-related mismatch). So the Matching system search incrementing the range to 50, if still there’s no one at 50, it increments again at 60, and so on, until it finds an available team.
    *This is how the Matching system searches for a team

*it illustrates why there are level 80s matching 30s or rarely 40s (this is why it confuses the 30s why they’re matched with high levels); sometimes 40s matching to 50s or if not it matches 60. It increments the search to which is available. But you have to remember it searches 1st your range (or levels in your team).

Matching-time

It is very tricky to explain this how it affects your match but it is.

in simple description, some Matching-time has 5 to 10 secs to find one and some took longer or some just 2secs, because every team is searching for a match. For example, level 80s team took longer to find match and none available but there’s 30s who has just 5secs on matching-time. This figure out the Mismatches we had.

*Edit: Matching doesnt randomized in such specific time why? coz if its randomized then if your matching time is above 20secs then you matched with 5secs then the condition of being random is not applied to the other team with 5secs which the team is also matched with random.

How League Points/Ranks works

Originally posted by R27560757SpeeDHunter View Post
    your league pt gains is based on the Winning group individually that is also applicable to losing side, they gain based on the winner's group.
    Iron and Unrank should be getting 190pts/win, Silver is 220pts/win, Gold is 235pts/win, if you lose, you gain based on what the winner's group. you may got 140, 90, 40, 30pts/lose. (I havent tried winning in diamond group or against it but i do get diamond rewards)
    and i think the ranks also updating in "real-time" so you may get different pts than you expect.

Ex: you belong to League Group of Iron or Unrank then you win 190/win.

Q: why im getting a different pts than 190 or 220 based on my group?
    A: its the remainder of the group pts, Iron has 1800pts requirement if you win 9x then there a 90 remainder but it's updated to 2520pts now if didnt noticed that.

try this if you want. its just a pts calculator for the whole week. download it here
    Last edited by R27560757SpeeDHunter; 10-11-2014, 11:59 PM. Reason: Updated
    I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
    and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

erm...where excactly you got this info from?

Comment

so this is the reason we keep dueling high and low levels in arena multi.p
      US West
      Pearl Lake

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
        erm...where excactly you got this info from?
        does it look like i got it from somewhere?
        i said theoretically. my very own theory. if you find all my post about Arena, they're very or somewhat consistent to this thread.
        if you read it carefully, it makes sense than what others says.
        I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.

Comment

Agree... seems logical to me.
          R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
          Archer Linkoneusc
          Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

This is a great info man, and it helps confused people understand ( i'm one of them ). Tyvm for this thread

Comment

does it look like i got it from somewhere?
              i said theoretically. my very own theory. if you find all my post about Arena, they're very or somewhat consistent to this thread.
              if you read it carefully, it makes sense than what others says.
              definitely agree with your theory man

Comment

well, I guess that'd be true, thought I'm inclined to think is it also search the level of one of the 3 team members first teams levels

EX a lv 65;70;80 fight three times, the first criteria would be look for another team of 65's, the next match would look for 70's and the 3rd match for 80's

Comment

Originally posted by alfonsord30 View Post
                  well, I guess that'd be true, thought I'm inclined to think is it also search the level of one of the 3 team members first teams levels

EX a lv 65;70;80 fight three times, the first criteria would be look for another team of 65's, the next match would look for 70's and the 3rd match for 80's
                  see
                  Levels in your Team

Yes, it also considers the levels on your team.

Ex: XX;60;XX matched with higher XX;XX;60 or XX;60;60
                  XX represent any levels and its same concept in your example but there's no such Order like 1st will be 65, 2nd 70, 3rd 80;
                  i think it has to do something with Matching-time like lvl 70 found you and same as 80. the order is not important.

Comment

I see your theory. I like it. I just don't understand why a team would have to face the same opponents 6+ times in a row without seeing a different one. Call it coincidence but there is something wrong in that aspect.

Comment

Just an observation. It seems the system checks the highest level player among the three and finds an enemy team within that player's range. The ranging system is similar to BG. The other two players' levels are considered in such a way that it determines the probability of being paired to the lower bracket.

Example:
                      Highest level among the three: 43
                      Levels of other two: 35 and 38
                      The team will have a higher chance of being paired up with a team within 35-44 range. The next with highest probability will be 40-49.

Another one:
                      Highest level: 50
                      Others' levels: 49 and 44
                      The team will have a higher chance of being paired up with a team within 50-59 range. The next with highest probability will be 45-54.

Also, I feel that the party leader's level also somehow affects the matchup, to a lesser extent.
                      Last edited by CrazyDude9; 07-10-2014, 08:25 AM.
                      S292 Archer level 46
                      35k BR (with blessing wheel)
                      August 23, 2013 - November 3, 2013 (R.I.P)

S479 Knight Level 80
                      283k BR (blessed), 40k from sylph (02-28-15)
                      May 23, 2014 - March 16, 2015 (will return later on)

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianAngel47 View Post
                        I see your theory. I like it. I just don't understand why a team would have to face the same opponents 6+ times in a row without seeing a different one. Call it coincidence but there is something wrong in that aspect.
                        pls be detailed, nxt time observe the "Matching-Time", your Clock (what exact time did this happen, like 19:00, 20:00; etc) and if you can identify your opponents' level much better. coz i cant answer you just because you ask why.

Originally posted by CrazyDude9 View Post
                        Just an observation. It seems the system checks the highest level player among the three and finds an enemy team within that player's range. The ranging system is similar to BG. The other two players' levels are considered in such a way that it determines the probability of being paired to the lower bracket.

Example:
                        Highest level among the three: 43
                        Levels of other two: 35 and 38
                        The team will have a higher chance of being paired up with a team within 35-44 range. The next with highest probability will be 40-49.

Another one:
                        Highest level: 50
                        Others' levels: 49 and 44
                        The team will have a higher chance of being paired up with a team within 50-59 range. The next with highest probability will be 45-54.

Also, I feel that the party leader's level also somehow affects the matchup, to a lesser extent.
                        great share but i tested this long ago up until now with (L)49;54;64, and (L)46;49;54, and i lost count how many i helped and what's their levels, and i even created an alt to test the much lower levels of 28 to 30s but 1 conclusion i got, it doesn't affect the match ups, what's more disappointing is we cant prove this, coz the results are depending on how many teams attends the Arena which are the numbers are unstable. the logic is "the less teams attends the arena, the more we got Mismatches" which the Mismatch is much terrible than before so blame those ppl say "i wont join arena unless you fix the mismatches" , "i have too much insignia, im not gonna join arena" or whatever reasons they may have, coz those ppl are involved in Mismatches we have.
                        Last edited by R27560757SpeeDHunter; 07-11-2014, 06:42 AM.

Comment

sorry man but what you are saying is a bad joke, today as all days we fight agains 2 lvl 70+ with 1 lvl 50+ and all my team is lvl 60 to 63 most of the time since we are a new server and no one is level 70 yet, ****, i can even imagine lvls 70 changing for a weak angel and unsocketing gems in is party member to make team with even lower lvls, since they got better gems removing 1 or 2 pieces of gears will not make a difference for they to win, TA got a huge hole called BR matching.

Comment

pls be detailed, nxt time observe the "Matching-Time", your Clock (what exact time did this happen, like 19:00, 20:00; etc) and if you can identify your opponents' level much better. coz i cant answer you just because you ask why.
                            My team has been toying with times every now and again trying to get different matching. We have started at 12:30 or so server time on that particular day. We got wait times ranging from 10 to a max of 54 seconds in the final 6 attempts with a team refresh that lead to a change of room that took about three minutes on the second to last attempt. Needless to say, we got pretty frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianAngel47 View Post
                              My team has been toying with times every now and again trying to get different matching. We have started at 12:30 or so server time on that particular day. We got wait times ranging from 10 to a max of 54 seconds in the final 6 attempts with a team refresh that lead to a change of room that took about three minutes on the second to last attempt. Needless to say, we got pretty frustrated.
                              i have Good news and Bad news for you, the Good news is i have 3 possible answers for you but the Bad news is if we apply the 3 answer i have on your details, honestly it doesnt make sense, so i think the problem you have is the internet connection. usually if you face same opponents consecutively it will only take under 10-20secs, so maybe 1-2 of your team is having internet prob. so im thinking why your team refreshed?

Comment

Working...
                              X