Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Advance Guide] How to optimize your astrals.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Advance Guide] How to optimize your astrals.

[Advance Guide] How to optimized your Astral

For the basics about astrals click here

Introduction
    Welcome to my guide on how to optimized your astral. In this guide I will not be discussing about the basic stuff that 95% of the community already know. Instead, we can discuss about some strategy on how to optimized your astral effectively.

Step 1. GET THE BASIC
    First thing first, you need to get your basic Astral before you go for the other optional Astral. What are the basic Astral? well, basic Astral depends on what class you are playing. Mage Basic Astral is different from Knight's basic Astral. Below are the list of basic Astral which must be obtainable as soon as possible.

Archer: +PATK, +PDEF, +MDEF, +HP
    Knight: +PDEF, +MDEF, +HP, +BLOCK (+PATK suggested by Hyorinmaru6)
    Mage: +MATK, +MDEF, +PDEF, +HP

As listed above, these are the main Astral which you must obtain before you go for other optional Astral. Why do i need to get those Astral? I wanna get my hands on those cool Astral such as Floating Damage. Yes, other optional Astral is important as well. I will discuss further on when we should equip optional Astral later but bear in mind, these will be your main Astral.

After you have obtained the basic astral as mentioned above, level them up to level 4 or 5 at least. Then, you may proceed to step 2.

Step 2. PICK/FUSE OR SELL?
    Basically there are 2 strategy to employ here, namely, sell all strategy and sell green fuse blue strategy.

Sell all strategy
    Sell all strategy basically means sell all the green, blue astral and some of purple and orange astral. When i say sell some of purple and orange astral, i mean those that you don't need such as +MATK for archer. There are some doubtful purple and orange astral which you may be uncertain whether to sell or not. It will be discuss later on. Do not fuse them yet. Now is not the time. Just keep selling.

This is the time where you shoot for the higher color astral or if fail, get your star point as high as possible to exchange for an orange astral. Get at least 2 orange astral or exchange for it before you proceed to the next strategy.

Sell Green Fuse Blue strategy
    After you have obtained the important astral at a reasonable high level and color, next you need to continue getting better orange color astral and at the same time get your astral to a higher level.

Why sell green? Why not fuse green as well?

Misfortune
    Selling cost: 1200 gold
    exp: nil

Green
    Selling cost: 3600 gold
    exp: 10

Blue
    Selling cost: 6000 gold
    exp: 30

Purple
    Selling cost: 8400 gold
    exp: 50

Orange
    Selling cost: 10800
    exp: 70

As you can see from the table above, fusing a green astral only gets you 10 exp. if you sell it, you made a lost of 400 gold but get another chance to go for anything higher than green which is worth it as compared to selling blue or anything higher.

Step 3. OPTIONAL ASTRAL
    It is advisable to keep a few sets of astral for certain occasion. You need different astral for World Boss as compared to catacombs. Below are the recommended astral which you may find useful for certain occasion.

World Boss
    For World Boss, All you need to do is to survive 5 rounds while maxing your attacks. World Boss will cast their ultimate move on the 6th round and whatever alive on the 6th round will definitely die (We're talking about a few million damage so there's no way you can survive his ultimate move). So right now, we need to play around with astral in order to maximized your damage.

First of all, you will need your troops to be able to survive 1 hit each from world boss. meaning your troops hp must be more than 10k to be able to do that and 14k hp to be able to survive a crit from world boss. To do this, you will need either knight or angel at lvl 30 and above. If your troops still couldn't survive 1 hit from the world boss, you need to increase your troop count by either equipping gems, Astral, guild skills or technology. I personally would not recommend equipping a charisma astral but do it if you have to. If your troops can survive 1 hit each from world boss, that's already 4 hit all together just to kill off your troops.

Now we move to maximizing your character damage with astral. There are few different astral which is suitable for different character. Lets start off with the most interesting class for world boss, Archer.

Archer
    A very interesting class which arguably biggest damager for world boss. In order for an Archer to maximized their damage, of course you will need +PATK astral. Here are some optional Astral which you may consider:

+ crit: Archer damage revolves around critical hit. So +crit astral is highly recomended for an archer
    + crit base damage: Important since archer's skill mostly involve crit. having higher crit base damage increase your overall damage
    + Floating damage: This is a gamble. You have chance to increase your max damage, but also reduce your min damage. So its your choice.
    + Charisma: may increase your troops attack by a little. Personally don't recommend this very much.
    + 10% chance to reflect damage: Not sure if it work on world boss. still testing. Any1 can help me on this?

Mage
    A high level mage damage is almost equivalent or higher than an archer. do not think that a mage couldn't out damage an archer. So in order for a mage to maximized your damage, of course you will need +MATK astral. Here are some other recommended astral which can boost your damage much further:

+ Disable crit, increase regular damage: Mage do not crit as much. So it is advisable to use this astral to boost your damage more. a level 5 orange astral can give you up to 20% increase in damage.
    + Floating damage: This is a gamble. You have chance to increase your max damage, but also reduce your min damage. So its your choice.
    + Charisma: may increase your troops attack by a little. Personally don't recommend this very much.
    + 10% chance to reflect damage: Not sure if it work on world boss. still testing. Any1 can help me on this?

Knight
    Knight, in my opinion is not really a big damager unlike mage or archer. However, you can still do world boss and i have seen knight made it to the top ten in damage chart but rare. Well knight would need +PATK definately. Other that that you may choose from the following:

+ Crit: Knight can do a bit of crit as well, maybe not as good as an archer. But crit in general is needed by Knight in world boss
    + Crit base damage: If you are using crit, you might as well equip this to further boost up your crit damage.

Catacombs
    To effectively do catacombs, you will need another different sets of astral all together. This is entirely different from those that you need on world boss. Now besides the basic astral that i mention previously, you may also choose from the following astral which could be helpful for you when doing catacombs.

+ Disable crit, increase regular damage: useful only to mage to increase your damage.
    + Reduce all damage by X%: useful for higher level where the damage is big. since this is a percentage base, its a good protection against the eyeball lightning strike or those 1 hit attack with big damage.
    + Reduce all damage values by X: useful protection against multiple hit with small damage.
    + Floating damage: as discussed above, it's a gamble.
    + 10% chance to gain Xhp when attacking: Very useful in catacombs. Makes a lot of difference during long battle especially battle against boss.
    + Regain hp equivalent to x% dealt, 10% trigger: Useful if your damage is high. also very useful for character like archer or knight who can't heal themselves.
    + 10% chance to reflect x% damage receive: may be useful for high level. I personally don't use it very often.

Arena Duel
    To be able to do arena duel properly, you need different astral against different class. For example, you don't equip +Mdef against an archer in a arena duel, even though you normally equip both +Mdef and +Pdef astral. With the correct astral equip, and a little bit of luck, you may even win against players that are massively stronger than you. So besides the basic astral as mention above, here are a few more astral that i recommend to use during arena duel:

+ Chance of receiving crit reduce by x%: only equip this when fighting an archer. else this is useless.
    + x% chance of dodging damage: useful if its an orange lvl 5 with 10% chance. dodging damage means you effectively gain 1 turn.
    + Reflect damage: Use this if you have a lot of Hp but low attack against high attack players with low hp.
    + Reduce damage by x%: Use this along with your +Mdef/+Pdef against high attack players.

Astral which in my opinion is not so useful in arena duel

+ 10% chance to gain Xhp when attacking: Not so useful in a duel because firstly its a short battle. the chance of trigerring is low. even if it does trigger, the amount of HP gain could never justify its usefulness.
    + Regain hp equivalent to x% dealt, 10% trigger: Even less useful. the reasoning is same as above except this heal even lesser. I'm not sure if its going to be useful when higher level though.

Step 4. TO KEEP OR NOT TO KEEP?

There are always time when you have to make a very very difficult decision whether which astral you should keep and which astral you should fuse. You are only given 8 slots for free to store your astral and you need at least 2 free slot to be able to fuse comfortably using 1-click synthesis. That leaves you to 6 slot available to store "astral that you may want to use in the future" + "astral that you may need to swap for world boss" + "astral which you want to keep in general" (unless you use balens to unlock more slots). It is of grave importance that you know which astral is important to keep and which astral is second in priority so that you do not make a wrong decision and regret later and go to forum to ask R2 staff to return back the astral you have eaten. Whatever i provided below are just my opinion and you are free to do whatever you want with your astral. Here i will only discuss about Purple and orange astral.

Will Destroyer - Useless unless its orange colour. Damage increase too low for it to justify its usefulness.
    Enhanced Blessed Health - Useless unless its orange colour. HP gain too low.
    Regeneration- Useless unless its an orange colour. Hp gain too low.
    Guardian Angel - Useless unless its an orange colour. Not a very usefull astral in general but you can keep the orange to fight against archer.
    Refined Charm - Useless unless its an orange colour. Not a very useful astral in general but you can keep the orange.
    Refined Enshieldment- Useful for knight only.
    Illusion - Useless unless its an orange colour. Chances too low.
    Goddess Blessing - Useless unless its an orange colour. Damage reduced too low.
    Aegis - Useless unless its an orange colour. Damage reduced too low.
    Ruthlessness - Useless unless its an orange colour.
    Deflection - Useless unless its an orange colour. Damage reflected too low.

Enhanced Wheel Destroyer - Only for mage.
    Pristine Mysticality - Only for mage.
    Enhanced Determination - Only for archer and knight
    Pristine Force - Only for archer and knight.
    Pristine Sniper's Edge - Only for archer and knight.

Well that is all i wanted to share in my guide. Just a disclaimer, everything i have written are just based on my own opinion and some of the research i have done. Some of you might not agree to what i have written. I welcome all discussion so that we can all learn together. Thank you very much for reading my guide.

Character Name: Esther
    Server : S5 Roaring Wetland

Congratulations! You get a reward for posting guides for beginners, please be noted to check.
    Last edited by liquid_oxygen; 10-04-2013, 06:34 AM.

nice guide totally good GMs reward plz
    Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift.

Comment

orange astral sell at 10800. i sold 2x accidentally LOL
      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by lisaan View Post
        nice guide totally good GMs reward plz
        Wahahaha thx

Originally posted by onimad View Post
        orange astral sell at 10800. i sold 2x accidentally LOL
        whats the exp it gives?

Comment

orange astral exp +70
          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

orange astral exp +70
            wahahaha thx

Comment

I've tried to use the purple astral that reflects a % of the damage back on the WB and I have never gotten it to work. I did 3 or 4 WBs and it never worked. Either its not designed to work or I was just really unlucky. I wouldn't recomment using it anyway in the WB.
              Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
              BR: 67K
              Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                I've tried to use the purple astral that reflects a % of the damage back on the WB and I have never gotten it to work. I did 3 or 4 WBs and it never worked. Either its not designed to work or I was just really unlucky. I wouldn't recomment using it anyway in the WB.
                yeap me too... but some of my guildsmate say it work.. so i'm not sure... if this astral works, it could be the most important astral for world boss. imagine reflecting few million damage back...

Comment

Somewhere someone said its not added to the damage you dealt to the WB. Not sure who said that but its hard to say. If it did it would be nice
                  Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                  BR: 67K
                  Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

err.. what do u mean by cost???
                    ☣CAIN☣

Comment

err.. what do u mean by cost???
                      cost of clicking the astral

Comment

Ok here are a few adjustments
                        Basic astrals for Knights,archers,mages are

Knights: Pattk,Pdef,Mdef,Hp (Block is only if ur going to be a a person who takes chances with dodge so Block is not needed for basic) but block is a good one for knights (person recommendation)

Archers: Pattk,Hp,Crit,Mef or Pdef (choice of defense may vary cause mages can squish archers if archers are careless and archers can end up getting beaten by knights fast if they fail to socket some gems so pdef and Mdef are both needed but personally its better for them to have Block astral)

Mages : Mattk,Hp,Crit,Pdef (mages have Mdef as a basic defense so they do not need more Mdef and since there are 2 physical attack type class and only 1 magical class its better for a mage to have Pdef)

purple and above color astrals must be saved Unless its charisma any other can be saved for powering for different situations

The expense for buying astrals is only 4000 gold if ur getting them from 1st star if u move up 2nd or 3rd star the expense vary 4000 for 1st 5000 for 2nd 6000 for 3rd 7000 for 4th and 8000 for last father star
                        Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                        [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

+1 like the guide, keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post

Knights: Pattk,Pdef,Mdef,Hp (Block is only if ur going to be a a person who takes chances with dodge so Block is not needed for basic) but block is a good one for knights (person recommendation)
                            Firstly thank you for your opinion.

I do agree with your opinion to a certain extent. I think knight doesnt need that much of patk because i think their strength are based on their defence. i think block could be their main astral because they hav a skill where they gain health upon each successful block. so i would put their patk as optional. But then you may be right as well, just different build. And by the way, Block are different from dodge.

Archers: Pattk,Hp,Crit,Mef or Pdef (choice of defense may vary cause mages can squish archers if archers are careless and archers can end up getting beaten by knights fast if they fail to socket some gems so pdef and Mdef are both needed but personally its better for them to have Block astral)
                            as for archer, i dont agree crit is their main astral. tested numerous times. with crit astral and without crit astral they somewhat crit the same. maybe a lil less sometimes but nothing significant.

Mages : Mattk,Hp,Crit,Pdef (mages have Mdef as a basic defense so they do not need more Mdef and since there are 2 physical attack type class and only 1 magical class its better for a mage to have Pdef)
                            as for mages mdef, yea you may be right. Its arguable.

purple and above color astrals must be saved Unless its charisma any other can be saved for powering for different situations
                            to me, most of the optional purple are somewhat useless (only the optional). forexample enhanced blessed health add only like 600 hp at lvl 3 and 800hp at level 4. to make it worst, its only 10% trigger. so you can imagine, if i hav 24k health, how significant the heal is to me. Thats just one example. Try them and you will realise. anyway this is just based on my opinion. i mean, i may not be right. to me i feel only the orange is worth keeping. and purple basoc astral.

The expense for buying astrals is only 4000 gold if ur getting them from 1st star if u move up 2nd or 3rd star the expense vary 4000 for 1st 5000 for 2nd 6000 for 3rd 7000 for 4th and 8000 for last father star
                            yeap thank you for pointing out. I didnt mention this to avoid confusion. i was trying to point out the reason why we must sell green astral thats all.

Comment

Block are different from dodge.
                              I mean block is only for those who take more chances not for those who want to pull in all damage and reduce it so they last the longest (which is what defense does)
                              true knights have a skill for getting 4% HP for a dodge
                              50% chance on level 1 and 100% chance to receive 4% of HP for a dodge in level 2 but thats totally useless cause when ur opponent are hitting damage mm lets say 5% higher getting a chance to dodge is is same as commiting suicide
                              knights need to build pattk because if they lack the equal attack they will fall prey even if they last longer they will make the match last even longer so knights job is to take and reduce damage and hit devastating but not as high crit as archers

as for archer, i dont agree crit is their main astral. tested numerous times. with crit astral and without crit astral they somewhat crit the same. maybe a lil less sometimes but nothing significant.
                              Well the crit increases chances for hitting more crit along with ur critical strikes so its 2 birds with 1 stone
                              hence archers with crit astrals are more deadly than archers without crit astrals

to me, most of the optional purple are somewhat useless (only the optional). forexample enhanced blessed health add only like 600 hp at lvl 3 and 800hp at level 4. to make it worst, its only 10% trigger. so you can imagine, if i hav 24k health, how significant the heal is to me. Thats just one example. Try them and you will realise. anyway this is just based on my opinion. i mean, i may not be right. to me i feel only the orange is worth keeping. and purple basoc astral.
                              trigger rate is pretty much the same in both orange or purple but it just increases the regain amount thats all nothing more and 24k health is a long way even for knights and archers so when u reach 24k health u can throw it but till then its very much needed
                              and the chances for getting that astral in orange is rare (yeah i got it but i feed it for more HP so yeah i am bad) both orange and purple are good orange just gives better but it doesn't mean that purple sucks purple might be better since the chances for orange astrals are lower than purple so purple is good till u get the same astral which u need in orange
                              Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                              [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Working...
                              X