Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Known Scammers on Wartune's servers. Please be aware.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Known Scammers on Wartune's servers. Please be aware.

There are a few individuals out there trying to take advantage of Wartune players.

They are using the names R2VetX, R2MentorX (X being a number 0-9) to attempt to rip players off.
    They may try to offer random services and try to get account information for their own benefit.

Here is some information to help you avoid such scams.

1. The only official name is R2Mentor.
    2. Mentors are there to help you in game with your in-game questions or issues. They are not there to offer you a job. Nor are they there to get your passwords or login names.
    3. Wartune GMs and R2 staff WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR LOGIN INFO or PASSWORDS. We have access to login certain characters when given permission and do not need their info even then.

If you come across such players asking for account info, billing info, or anything of the sort, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Screenshot the conversation and save it.
    Step 2: Stop talking to the scammer.
    Step 3: File a ticket with screenshots and tell us what happened. Include server and their name.
    Step 4: Do a quick victory dance as the ban hammer falls on them.

You may also use this forum post to advise us of these scammers. If you decide to use this post, please follow this format:
    • Platform and Server number
    • Scammer’s name
    • Screenshots of conversation

You need to ensure you protect your account information. The responsibility ultimately falls on you! This includes not sharing your account with anyone. This is an offense that will result in your account being banned, and if someone that you gave your account info deletes everything you worked for, it is indeed gone forever.
    Please do not sell your account or post it as "For Sale" in internet forums. They will be banned as well with zero chance of ever getting it back.

Thank you for your attention.

were i can report a player?

Comment

You can report them in here or through a ticket.
      if you or anyone has further questions please feel free to PM me or any other moderator.

Kind regards Liquid_oxygen

then click on ¨click here¨
      then click on support

Comment

Im assuming in here would be faster, last time i reported someone with screenshot it took 3 weeks to be dealt with, after 3 weeks, needless to say i had no more energy for my victory dance and was dying of exhaustion, even raves cant handle my riddum.

Last edited by a777; 10-24-2014, 07:41 AM.
        Valérie aka 4gvn archer on 416

Comment

Originally posted by r2_enyo View Post
          There are a few individuals out there trying to take advantage of Wartune players.

They are using the names R2VetX, R2MentorX (X being a number 0-9) to attempt to rip players off.
          They may try to offer random services and try to get account information for their own benefit.

Here is some information to help you avoid such scams.

1. The only official name is R2Mentor.
          2. Mentors are there to help you in game with your in-game questions or issues. They are not there to offer you a job. Nor are they there to get your passwords or login names.
          3. Wartune GMs and R2 staff WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR LOGIN INFO or PASSWORDS. We have access to login certain characters when given permission and do not need their info even then.

If you come across such players asking for account info, billing info, or anything of the sort, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Screenshot the conversation and save it.
          Step 2: Stop talking to the scammer.
          Step 3: File a ticket with screenshots and tell us what happened. Include server and their name.
          Step 4: Do a quick victory dance as the ban hammer falls on them.

You may also use this forum post to advise us of these scammers. If you decide to use this post, please follow this format:
          • Platform and Server number
          • Scammer’s name
          • Screenshots of conversation

You need to ensure you protect your account information. The responsibility ultimately falls on you! This includes not sharing your account with anyone. This is an offense that will result in your account being banned, and if someone that you gave your account info deletes everything you worked for, it is indeed gone forever.
          Please do not sell your account or post it as "For Sale" in internet forums. They will be banned as well with zero chance of ever getting it back.

Thank you for your attention.
          So you saying if you see a person with [GM]R2Stormaggedon, its a fake?

Comment

damn, hard to believe scammers exist here
            :DIn the end everything will be ok, if it's not then it's not the end yet, so just smile:D
            :cool:Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that is why it is called "present". - Master Oogway of Kungfu Panda:cool:

Comment

i saw 1 of this scammer , he got name r2games

Comment

do you mean known scammers other than R2 developers and admins?
                If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

please i really drowsy mini client connected

Comment

well guys...
                    its easy to make announcement as long u have large bullhorn
                    so some ppl try to take advantages from that with make some nick like mentor then use announcement...

and for GM...
                    i prefer like do step 4 on my 1st step if meet a scammer...
                    Server - 389

Class - Knight

Lv - 80

BR 2,59Mil - (Include Kids and 2 Slyphs)

Comment

You mean R2 won't really give me the exclusive noobslayer mount (-100 to all stats) if I give them my account login credentials, credit card number, and bank account number?

Seriously though, the only thing I've run into is people trying to sell their toons either on the forums or in battlegrounds/fire temple. It's quite possible that some of those toons for sale are scammers who succeeded in stealing an account and now want to cash in on it.

I'm yet to see the ban hammer fall on anyone; I think it's busy smashing magic pots for balen.

Comment

yes friends hackers are there they hacked my account and after informing the mods i got banned check my thread in details.
                        http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....they-banned-me

Comment

Scary D: D: D: :O
                          I'm a noob. Dont't tell the others.

Comment

I know you tell us that we are not allowed to sell accounts, but there are laws in American that protect our rights as investors in the game, from the moment we spend our first dollar on this game, we own part of the game just like owning stock in the company when you spend money on that company, and our accounts are our own intellectual property as we name our characters on those accounts, therefore we are allowed by our government to sell our stock as we see fit, and that is not up to the game industry. FYI!!! The last class action lawsuit I had against a gaming company like that of Wartune, my lawyers won, and I bet I could win again!! Wanna bet me??? I have never sold an account, and never intend on doing so, that is just plain dumb!!! If you are dumb enough to give your account info to someone else, you deserve whatever happens to you and your investment, but if you did not share your info, and people stole your info, you deserve for this company to at least allow you one chance to recover your account without penalty, just my opinion!! HAPPY GAMING TO ALL!!! Remember IT's JUST A GAME!!!
                            Last edited by CBorealis; 04-15-2015, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CBorealis View Post
                              I know you tell us that we are not allowed to sell accounts, but there are laws in American that protect our rights as investors in the game, from the moment we spend our first dollar on this game, we own part of the game just like owning stock in the company when you spend money on that company, and our accounts are our own intellectual property as we name our characters on those accounts, therefore we are allowed by our government to sell our stock as we see fit, and that is not up to the game industry. FYI!!! The last class action lawsuit I had against a gaming company like that of Wartune, my lawyers won, and I bet I could win again!! Wanna bet me??? I have never sold an account, and never intend on doing so, that is just plain dumb!!! If you are dumb enough to give your account info to someone else, you deserve whatever happens to you and your investment, but if you did not share your info, and people stole your info, you deserve for this company to at least allow you one chance to recover your account without penalty, just my opinion!! HAPPY GAMING TO ALL!!! Remember IT's JUST A GAME!!!
                              very true bud once u spend a dime on ur wartune account and spends lots the wartune account is no longer r2 property it is the property of the person whos spending the money we ave regulations set in u.k too about this

Comment

Working...
                              X