X server matching bug.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X server matching bug.

Yesterday, right before reset I went to do EF NM as help out, I already did EF hell earlier that day.
    The player i went with hit the matching button, and the timer started to run for a few secs, she cancelled and hit start.
    So far so good, we had some troubles killing the twins, since the patk died in 4 turns every time, but we passed it none the less.

Meanwhile we're running MPD the server did the daily reset.

4 hours later, I was running around in cloud city, all of a sudden I'm back in ef nm, me and the player from my server, and 2 other players from a different server.
    The other player from my server wasnt even online, she showed up grey.
    I couldnt talk in party chat, couldnt move at all.
    I tried to leave the MPD, a message showed up that i wouldnt be able to run again for 15 mins, but it wouldn't let me leave anyways.
    Did a refresh, I got out the MPD, but could still see the 2 other guys talking in party chat, so it will prolly showed me still in their mpd run.
    At some point a saw a vote for removing me from the mpd, while I was doing skytrail.

Here's what i think that happend, since my team hit the matching battle, I think the other 2 did the same, and we were seen as a match.
    Even tho my team already finished it hours ago.
    Wouldn't be that much of a thing, but this match actually took my mpd attempt for today.

It was all so vague, that I didnt think of taking screenshots, but I hope my explanation is good enough for some mod to pass it on to have it looked after.

Correct. We've found that once you push the 'matching' button, there's (currently) no way of cancelling it. This is how people are having others afk join in their dungeons, or players being pulled into other peoples dungeons. Until the cross matching is fixed, it's advisable not to use the function for the mean time.

It has been reported. Thank you for taking the time to give this detailed report. I will forward this post, and add to the list.
    Retired Moderator.

Comment

seeing how easy I got my LoT compensation, i think i'll try to get an empire scroll by sending a ticket.

Comment

Was wondering if anyone else keeps getting pulled into another mpd while in one .
        It keeps happening to me 2nd day now. then I dc so no ss or vid able to be taken.
        Also can't move in either and the one I am really in freezes up while one I been drag'd into I can move around but the people in there don't seem to be able to
        see what I write(( or ignoring it since my br is higher than the mpd I m drag'd into ) lol
        I know its the match thing, yet the leave option (or kick yourself from it I wish) is not working either.
        done all the standard things. clean cache etc etc.
        Just a bit annoying atm
        b4 I send in a ticket was just wondering if others experience this or am I just special *laughing*
        Laugh at those who are profoundly ignorant of things around them that are different . Makes you the better person, cause your always walking around with a smile that seems like you just got laid. And that is always better .

Comment

Just wanted to note I'd moved Turbain's post here so he had some 'answers' (it wasn't originally posted in this thread)
          Retired Moderator.

Comment

Thanks Whakapono. Also happening in wilds ... not just if I'm in a mpd.
            kind of funny yet NOT lol
            Laugh at those who are profoundly ignorant of things around them that are different . Makes you the better person, cause your always walking around with a smile that seems like you just got laid. And that is always better .

Comment

Same in eudemon arena, not only in MPD or wilds

Comment

So any news on this issue .. really .. really .. did is say REALLY frustrating to log in and you are in someone else's mpd especially when its a HELL one lol

Comment

Last I heard they were 'working on it', but no other updates. I'm sure one day we'll get a nice surprise and they'll include in maintenance patch notes one day
                  Retired Moderator.

Comment

Working...
                  X