Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Arena matching ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena matching ..

Hi,
    honestly nothing to say... facing 70-80lvl in arena including old servers. this matching is so unfair for low level and new characters, also it's no fun for high BR players since most fights are over with 1st hit... i m just wondering what's the point of arena now? and this unbalanced matching is it a bug or intentional?
    i just wanted to post these screenshots of today's arena.
    this is the character i used (37lvl)Click image for larger version

Name:	t7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1778139

all attempts were like this....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	t3.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1778140Click image for larger version

Name:	t5.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1778141Click image for larger version

Name:	t11.jpg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1778142Click image for larger version

Name:	tarena2.jpg
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1778143

it happened to me as well

Comment

We did have this yesterday also, it was realy boring, 50-60 seconds wait till match, and when we had match all one hit and down.

Dont mind 15 wins, but we prefer a nice battle for it.
      ING: Eukkie changed name to â€*Evilâ€*Witchâ€*, changed it back to Eukkie
      Server: S444 Silent Arena
      Char: Knight
      Lvl: 80
      Br: 6m and crowing.
      Main Sylph: Arise
      Guard: Oracle

Comment

i think there might be only one player pool now in matching

It's really just an assumption since i dont do arena much but today i did my 15 attempts solo and all were easy matches (im at 3 mil BR ish)

The only thing it might look now when matching is League rank / group. I'm only in iron group so that would make sense to me thats how matching works now, no level check.

Sad day for campers if it is :/

PS. Still not such a huge deal in my opinion since i hate arena and just do a single attempt all week to get into iron group and score 900 of those league insigns...

Comment

I've already started another thread in here on this issue, and this is the 3rd day in a row for this kind of matching.

Got into arena today, seemed successfully to use a Chaos Rune, the opponent then did almost 400K damage to her eudaemon, and it still had the majority of HP.

I then got to do a Thunderer attack for about 2K of damage. I've got a level 70 mage, over 1M BR. At that point, I knew it was over.

The opponent had the good grace at that point not to activate sylph, let me heal, &c., &c., but when I say NO chance at all, my opponent did more damage in one attack to herself (the Chaos to the eud) than I was able to do in about 8 rounds she gave me.

My level 48 alt yesterday kept facing eudaemon-paired players with orange sylphs all 4 stars...unless, of course, they had red ones. What are you proving in arena if your party has 3 red sylphs for players, and five other sylphs with 4 stars each, when you are getting to face (HORRORS!) a level 48 toon? If this was RANDOM matching, I might think...ok, all of us thrown in the same bag and we get who we get...not ideal, but I'll make the best of it. But, it's EVERY cupcaked matchup here! Clear division of the HAVES and HAVE-NOTS, and no let up, ever. That's not a comment on money, level, the luck of having pulled great mounts out of thin air, or anything. The comment is solely about just how bad the matchups have been.

[My thanks also for MsKink's comment above...3M BR, and gimme matchups are not what that player is after, either, even if it's 15 easy wins. This stinks for EVERYONE!]

Now, add longer wait times for the matchups (as if the game is working overtime to get you the worst possible matching there is), the "Hide" button being the fail it is and actually buffering the hidden data in your browser (which, if you don't lag too hard, you can see in sylph arena when you toggle it...all the hidden rounds catch up and dead sylphs get to graphically die) to increase lag, and you've got neither a battle nor fun.

If you took the whole game off-line here for a day to get the major bugs fixed or at least backed off, you'd be doing less harm (as in less players leaving forever) than the bad, piecemeal fixes (that still aren't fixing things) that keep getting shoved in, with players being the alpha-testers.

PLEASE let's have a mod in this thread to tell us what's being said to the devs and what's being done. Put us out of our misery here. A fix would be best. Comments might at least help me tell my guild not to walk out as a unit on the whole game here...which IS being discussed now.
          Last edited by Centaur0001; 11-07-2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiva_ View Post
            We did have this yesterday also, it was realy boring, 50-60 seconds wait till match, and when we had match all one hit and down.

Dont mind 15 wins, but we prefer a nice battle for it.

This is for us too

Since they implement the patch on test server, my team of 4 did 4 x 15 fights ... with more than 90% of them against single player killed in 1 shot after a good minute waiting. The knight bug at the start of the session is back also with no cross server ranking point credited for that fight.

They did change something in the matching and it's not for the best
            ValKitteh - S1
            "The Town Hall is outside"

Comment

Pls do something with arena matches bcs for 3 days i play vs lvl 70 and 80 .

server 532

ps: i'm lvl 43
              Last edited by batmannsc; 11-07-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Saddens me that I am getting the easy wins without as much as putting up a fight. Arena matching should be fair in giving me battles that will test my mettle and reflexes with a full team. Instead, they give me "one-sies" which I have no problem hitting stoic upon since it does lag as well. However, I would enjoy to get some real fights in as well (and I joined up when the afternoon one starts on the West Coast).
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

This matching problem since the patch has really screwed with some people's points and the titles involved ..... Why can't this be fixed already????

Comment

Originally posted by Centaur0001 View Post
                    I've already started another thread in here on this issue, and this is the 3rd day in a row for this kind of matching.

Got into arena today, seemed successfully to use a Chaos Rune, the opponent then did almost 400K damage to her eudaemon, and it still had the majority of HP.

I then got to do a Thunderer attack for about 2K of damage. I've got a level 70 mage, over 1M BR. At that point, I knew it was over.
                    At least you got to sylph. All my opponents DIED to my opening chaos rune shot. Not ONE made it to round 2. Not a single one.

Comment

R2 is now building barriers to newbies, it seems. They are making newbies quit in rage and frustration before they can get hooked on the game. It is like a restaurant closing its doors for the night. Not accepting new patrons while waiting for existing patrons to finish up and leave.

I can't think of a clearer sign as to what R2 intends to do with WT in the near future.
                      Last edited by AdaJames; 11-07-2015, 11:11 PM.

Comment

this is wanted, make unfair matching, cause this way unskilled but heavy cashing players get a result for their money

some want competition but most want to be the big ones to show how superior they are thats the idea of pay-to-win games, give idiots with too mucgh money the feeling of beeing skilled

Comment

im in party with Pat2020, and he doesnt want an easy win.

The only battle we have, who trows the first hit..

Its boring like this, maybe this is R2 way to reduce our lag, we dont get real battle's so no refresh after every round.
                          ING: Eukkie changed name to â€*Evilâ€*Witchâ€*, changed it back to Eukkie
                          Server: S444 Silent Arena
                          Char: Knight
                          Lvl: 80
                          Br: 6m and crowing.
                          Main Sylph: Arise
                          Guard: Oracle

Comment

Day 4 of Mismatch Arena. What fun.
                            Might at least be nice to be able to see the opponent before I'm killed.

Is there ANY player out there who honestly feels whatever was done to multi-player arena, sylph arena (removing choice of opponent), solo arena (not even seeing which skills are in which slot) or Hides in any way helped this game? Someone should've had a lot more coffee before writing this code. It's a fail. Still. And no maintenance for it in sight from all we're seeing so far. [sarcasm] After all...doesn't everyone love a rigged, bugged game? [/sarcasm]

There should be a rule...any dev who works on a major patch has to use his/her own code for a week before the patch is released. You can love the game and still be sick to death of how bad patch code always (and I choose that word with precision) seems to be. Fix the procedure. Then fix the code. Then stop breaking the game on us and making the mods have to babysit the rightly-angry players in the forums. We're in here instead of playing. Says it all.

And when the Hot Event ends giving us 500 honor for running arena 10+ times every day, you should also bet with matching like this, I'll be running ONE arena combat, then taking the rest of the week off from arena...if I'm still playing, that is. The point of playing something so rigged I can't possibly win is...what?...I forget. And, the spenders are being honest here, too...the point of spend is advantage (which they get in stronger toons and higher BR and performance already), NOT about also being handed a scenario where you can't possibly lose. That's a Twilight Zone episode already. Not fun for either side of that combat.
                            Last edited by Centaur0001; 11-08-2015, 06:55 PM.

Comment

This matching stinks. It takes 1 minute to match and the battles are 10 seconds. I enter with a level 80 party and face 1 person of level 70ish. Blah!!!! It's horrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X