Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold white horse from farm and lost 2.4 billion gold!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold white horse from farm and lost 2.4 billion gold!

I sold 12,00 white horses from farm and never received my 2.4 billion gold! Submitted multiple tickets and no return of my resources! Anyone else have this issue? Why have I not gotten my gold back? All the time I spent saving for holy forge event wasted!

Don't know if there is a virtual cap in addition to your development cap when it comes to storing gold on your person, but I always sell about 300-400 pieces of livestock to get some gold I need at the moment. If I need more, I repeat process. Reading this story makes me glad I had done such and not lose gold or sleep.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

There is a cap on how much gold you can have. According to a certain site, it is 2.1 billion and change. I had 12k animals saved up for holy forge but did like Meikura said and sold 400 to 500 animals at a time.

Comment

I remember a long time ago, back around the release of Cloud City, there was a 'rumor' that the cap was about 2 billion gold, and 2 billion daru. Back then, those caps were unthinkable to gain. Seems you may have just proven at least the hard cap of gold for the game. In a way, congratulations.

Unfortunately, it's likely they may view this as 'player error'. Most players do indeed sell as they need, so I would imagine the cap would not be reached. With a lot of gold sources now days, this cap is reachable (as we can see). However I wouldn't imagine it would be necessary to raise it as there is nothing in game remotely near that amount of gold (in single purchase cost).

Please keep answering the original ticket if you need to. Opening multiple tickets will do the opposite of speeding a response from support; not only for you, but for others also.
        Retired Moderator.

Comment

The cap is exactly 2,147,483,648. The size of an signed 4-byte integer.

Comment

12 horses is only 2.4 million not 2.4 billion.
            12 X 200,000 = 2,400,000 Gold.

Comment

He sold 12,000 horses, not 12.

And yes, the cap is there. This was reported earlier.

Personally, I never sell more than 1k at a time, which gives me 200M, well under the cap of even a L80 warehouse (which is 277M plus change).

I manage my cows (cash cows, heh heh heh!... MOM! You're embarassing me!) in lots of 1000. They make a huge mess in my backpack, let me tell you, but they are good for building muscles, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                I manage my cows (cash cows, heh heh heh!... MOM! You're embarassing me!)
                *backs away slowly* Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Whakapono View Post
                  I remember a long time ago, back around the release of Cloud City, there was a 'rumor' that the cap was about 2 billion gold, and 2 billion daru. Back then, those caps were unthinkable to gain. Seems you may have just proven at least the hard cap of gold for the game. In a way, congratulations.

Unfortunately, it's likely they may view this as 'player error'. Most players do indeed sell as they need, so I would imagine the cap would not be reached. With a lot of gold sources now days, this cap is reachable (as we can see). However I wouldn't imagine it would be necessary to raise it as there is nothing in game remotely near that amount of gold (in single purchase cost).

Please keep answering the original ticket if you need to. Opening multiple tickets will do the opposite of speeding a response from support; not only for you, but for others also.
                  Lot of gold sources are you taking to many of your meds? There isn't enough places to get gold cause the places you can you don't get enough to even make a dent. They wont fix WB which last 2 mins which eguals out to be 2 Rounds only. They took away atoll boss gold. Those 2 places were the only real places to get gold in amounts we need for these over priced ****. Love correcting mods who don't got a clue cause they are jus brown nosing r2 lackies. Course this brown nosin sell out would side with R2 and say it wouldn't be necessary to raise. R2 has you trained well. Bet you'll also say nothing is broken it the game and say it's players fault just like R2. Grow a backbone and stop bowing down to R2.

Comment

To an early developing person, there are sources of gold through events (some) that will net about 10-30 million gold a day. However, when (and it was pointed out by others) said person is nearly maxed on things, that number of gold sources has dropped. Still, I only sell a small number as needed to do something then sell more as needed. That's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by 0verkillz View Post
                      Lot of gold sources are you taking to many of your meds?
                      Smh.

There isn't enough places to get gold cause the places you can you don't get enough to even make a dent. They took away atoll boss gold. Those 2 places were the only real places to get gold in amounts we need for these over priced ****.
                      Well.... doesn't the fact that someone wasted 2billion+ gold prove that the gold amounts aren't too awful? Also, you forgot DI - which is amazing. Between HF events I can manage to save up 2.5-3billion gold, how about you? (Of course, we always want more)

They wont fix WB which last 2 mins which eguals out to be 2 Rounds only.
                      The statement 'wont fix' is incredibly disingenuous and ignorant. World boss health grows exponentially, if you didn't notice. World boss at the moment has what, roughly 1.16billion health? An unsigned 32-byte integer has exactly 2,147,483,648. In other words - we could have a 2.1billion HP world boss instead of a 1.16b; which is still nothing. You might be able to make the argument that they should use an unsigned 8-byte integer (which flash doesn't have), an unsigned 4-byte integer (which some flash versions don't support, and wouldn't fix the problem anyway), or perhaps a floating point number - which would be one hell of a an undertaking switching it in code. There's not exactly an easy solution to the answer of the world boss health, aside from changing the damage to gold ratio.

Love correcting mods who don't got a clue cause they are jus brown nosing r2 lackies. Course this brown nosin sell out would side with R2 and say it wouldn't be necessary to raise. R2 has you trained well. Bet you'll also say nothing is broken it the game and say it's players fault just like R2. Grow a backbone and stop bowing down to R2.
                      I didn't really see any correcting on your part. Everything Whakapono said was factually correct. I'm no fan of R2 either, but taking out your frustrations on people who have literally nothing to do with how the game runs is a bit.... odd.
                      Last edited by Alsatia01; 01-04-2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I don't know why people whine so much. I had 12k cows myself before the last HF event. It is not that hard. 1 WB and DI gives roughly 25-30M a day easy. You can easily add another 3-5M from other sources like BI, levy and alchemy, Purge Maze and hero level Campaign to that. This is before we even touch event rewards.

Sure, it is not the 200 billion you'd like but it is not an insubstantial amount of gold. Some people are just never satisfied until everything is given to them gratis, without any work done and them never deserving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Whakapono View Post
                          I'm sorry but that's nonsensical. Gold isn't used on a single-purchase basis. The primary gold sink in the current game is Holy Forge. That's what the average player will be hoarding gold for, and it takes nothing to burn through billions upon billions gold during a Holy Forge event. Indeed, it's impossible to achieve the maximum daily awards from an HF event without spending beyond the cap. The cap absolutely ought to be raised because of this.
                          Last edited by R212396167; 01-04-2016, 06:52 PM.

Comment

You don't have to have it all AT ONCE. You can do it 1k cows at a time as I did, and I did over 1k HF in the last event. 200M gold is enough for quite a number of HF before you need to go back and sell more cows.

The cap is there, for good or for ill, and there is nothing anyone in R2 can do about it. This is a dev decision. 7Road's decision. It was also mentioned before on this forum that the cap exists.

Frankly, it is the LEAST of the problems with the game.

Comment

Hate to be a prude in all of this, but anyone who thinks that they can go beyond the limit by selling everything all at once is a mere fool. Name me a Holy Forge level that requires 2 billion off the bat. Granted, I haven't done stuff like DI, BI, or even purg (my real life is way busier especially when it comes to home renovating), but whatever I could try and get gold for, I would buy my stock of deer (cows were good until everyone has them, LOL) before closing out for the night. This prevents any player from plundering me when they realized they only net a small amount of gold and not the 800k gold cap per hit. Sometimes I do the HF event when I know I have at least enough hammers/stoves to do them with. I know of the developmental cap because I could see it go into the red when I sell more than 277 million gold's worth, so I go below that so I can still collect gold stoically without missing a beat (not much, but still helps) from the "wilds pumping" as I would call it. I have all six sylphs (1 in the orange 2nd tier, 1 in the orange in the first tier, 2 in the purple in the first tier, and 2 just developing in the blue/green) and I still pump those with Mahra/Seps for those events, take the gold, buy my deer, log off, lather, rinse, repeat for each day those events hit. I know there will be a time where it will be gone, but that's what the 7th slot is for when it comes to that.

The WB is fine, to be honest. Take an alt that isn't uber strong as you are and spar a few rounds with it. If you increase WB, your alt won't be making as much gold as well as enough damage to get the rewards at .30, .50, and .80 percent. My server, some folks strip down to nearly barebones to take on the WB. They probably won't make the uber amoung of gold as hoped for, but it will prolong it enough for people to make more as they won't kill it off fast. Now, I did mention something of a stack overflow and cited that it was probably the reason why the devs won't go further than what they had made. The only thing we can see happening if they did go beyond that is WB crashing on the earlier servers while the newer servers there might not be a problem (or, in R2's case since they always go generic, it might crash altogether and no one will be able to join on any server).

My advice, play smarter and be patient.

Comment

Working...
                              X