This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filed police report for GRAND THEFT and bank investigating fraud

So it have been more than 2 month since they stole my gems then more stuff and NOT 1 thing has been returned. The original ticket is still open and there is a clear indication that they admit to have taken my stuff and not returning anything. I emailed them asking for a refund from dec 26th to this day for all the monies I have spent. but surprise surprise no reply. I also said that i don't want anything back, just my $$$ :/

Would be interesting to see what happens

Good day to you guys

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Seen that, laughed at it, still laughing at it.

Good luck with the lawsuit.

The fact of the matter is that you signed something that put your money and time into the hands of someone else. It is not fraud if you gave permission for your own loss.

There are good reasons why I don't spend (much) on games like this. When I see people spending tens of thousands of dollars on a toon and recharging hundreds of dollars at a time, I just shudder at the sheer stupidity.

Comment

untill r2 shows proof of my actual signature on the dotted line i actualy signed nothing

to actually ave a binding contract u ave to provide ur signature to the bottom

when u make an account on kabam to join wartune you just put ur email and password into a account form their isnt any checkboxes to give any permission or anything when making an account it doesnt give u anything to read not even the beloved tos of wartune shows up before clicking make account

to proove this eres r2 sign up and kabams

Click image for larger version

Name:	kabam sign up.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1723745Click image for larger version

Name:	r2 sign up.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1723746

when u actualy sign up u should be presented with the tos and privacy stuff before accepting the join button as r2 and kabam dont the tos isnt binding

when u make a online application for a bank loan before accepting anything you are given the terms of conditions and privacy stuff before u click accept not after lmao
      Last edited by Xharry005x; 02-27-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

You show two instances of agreeing to Kabam's ToS in your screenshots. The first one, it says it next to the Join Kabam shot- by clicking Join you are agreeing to the ToS. In the second one, you have to actively click a box that says you agree to the ToS. It's the same on R2, when you created an account to access the forum. Wartune itself does not have a ToS, because it's just a game hosted on a website. You agree to a website's terms and conditions.

When you pay for balens on Kabam, you are paying Kabam, so it's them you need to contact with requests for refunds, but do note it does say in their ToS that they do not grant refunds.

Bronson, if you'd like me to follow up on your missing gems, I can do that.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
          You show two instances of agreeing to Kabam's ToS in your screenshots. The first one, it says it next to the Join Kabam shot- by clicking Join you are agreeing to the ToS. In the second one, you have to actively click a box that says you agree to the ToS. It's the same on R2, when you created an account to access the forum. Wartune itself does not have a ToS, because it's just a game hosted on a website. You agree to a website's terms and conditions.

When you pay for balens on Kabam, you are paying Kabam, so it's them you need to contact with requests for refunds, but do note it does say in their ToS that they do not grant refunds.

Thank you fore replying MemoryLane. I have gone beyond caring for any returns of stuff taken from me. It has been way to long now. I have emails of them admitting that they took my stuff. That should give me some grounds to stand on as far as the investigation goes with the bank.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

did u see the mess up u ave to tick box to agree for tos to agreefor signing up to r2 games for kabam u dont get a check box to agree for the tos so actualy the tos in kabam isnt binding

and i didnt add my signature which also is needed for a binding contract not a tick box

and actualy wen we buy balens from kabam website it goes to r2 not kabam and i can show u my bank statement for this process if u want to argue this case with me
            Last edited by Xharry005x; 02-27-2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Well gotta give it to bronson, at least he doesn't just cry about it, he actually is taking action as well.

Comment

And now a dark history revealed. Only one of these folks know of my story of the past. For the rest of you, sit down as I will tell you.

Ages ago, I would get into a locked battle with a mod and an admin (both who are not on forum anymore; not going to say what happened so don't ask as it is not relevant to what I am going to say) over the Terms of Service (ToS). You see, I am a big stickler for such, especially when it is word-for-word, that not only I hold myself (or my accounts) accountable, but also the other side (the provider, developer, whoever) as well. As it pains me to say it, but you don't have to sign on the dotted line when you signed up on the internet, if you agreed to the terms when you signed up, then you are bound to abide by them. However, don't throw in the towel too quickly, as I had said earlier that the other side also have to abide in it as well.

A few technicalities I got into the squabble with said two people that had my earlier account banned on forum as a result. I had thought I had fought a losing war until one day I had taken a look at their "new" ToS to reflect some of the changes I had fought in the first place into something understandable. In fact, the FAQ they had with that compliments it well enough that answers any questions a person might have when it comes to the ToS. I was happy as now I have something "concrete" to show if something happens (making sure to dot my Is and cross my Ts). In any game I play, I take that time to read it, to know what I can or cannot do, and what remedies I do have if something happen on the other side that is of no fault of my own. And no, I don't think that both sides had to "physically" sign a contract to make it binding. Just like any application and/or program you install onto your system (which mine is always limited due to testing and researching), you gave your "permission" and "consent".

Now, in Bronson's case, if he paid for something and it was taken from him unjustly, then yes, he has the right to file as the ToS listed an arbitrary location for such disputes. But let us know this, folks, it doesn't happen over night. Things like that do take time to fully resolve if you're going that route. You can have a bank investigate the charge fraud, and R2 naturally will place that account or any others that is associated with the payment on a ban just to protect themselves. Now, let's say for instance (and may not happen in his case), that he was legitimately caught cheating, as we know that some people would charge a little to justify their means. He loses all: the money, the items, the account. But if he hasn't cheated, as others had fallen into such when that fiasco happened, then I don't see why R2 can't just check, to keep updating the player (not through some automated means/timer, but of human contact), and try to resolve the issue.

You know, I don't spend on any R2 game since my appearance (old account dating about 3-4 years ago), but call me "lucky" as my system (well, except for last week when the announcement and maint came down as I was sleeping) is offline and I never get to lose anything or be in the middle of an exploit or whatever. In fact, I always get to read the forum first before I dive my boys in to see what I am going to expect when I do. I felt kind of bad in making one R2 support elf "swear" to me (I literally did) that the treasure inventory has been fixed and that it is safe to purchase it so I can move hundreds of gems (yes I am a pack rat that I don't synth until I have time in doing so) to it.

Bottom line, there is no signature on the dotted line, there's a box or indication that once you press "submit", "register", or whatever "go" button upon registering, you agree to be bound to the rules as set forth.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                  And now a dark history revealed. Only one of these folks know of my story of the past. For the rest of you, sit down as I will tell you.

Ages ago, I would get into a locked battle with a mod and an admin (both who are not on forum anymore; not going to say what happened so don't ask as it is not relevant to what I am going to say) over the Terms of Service (ToS). You see, I am a big stickler for such, especially when it is word-for-word, that not only I hold myself (or my accounts) accountable, but also the other side (the provider, developer, whoever) as well. As it pains me to say it, but you don't have to sign on the dotted line when you signed up on the internet, if you agreed to the terms when you signed up, then you are bound to abide by them. However, don't throw in the towel too quickly, as I had said earlier that the other side also have to abide in it as well.

A few technicalities I got into the squabble with said two people that had my earlier account banned on forum as a result. I had thought I had fought a losing war until one day I had taken a look at their "new" ToS to reflect some of the changes I had fought in the first place into something understandable. In fact, the FAQ they had with that compliments it well enough that answers any questions a person might have when it comes to the ToS. I was happy as now I have something "concrete" to show if something happens (making sure to dot my Is and cross my Ts). In any game I play, I take that time to read it, to know what I can or cannot do, and what remedies I do have if something happen on the other side that is of no fault of my own. And no, I don't think that both sides had to "physically" sign a contract to make it binding. Just like any application and/or program you install onto your system (which mine is always limited due to testing and researching), you gave your "permission" and "consent".

Now, in Bronson's case, if he paid for something and it was taken from him unjustly, then yes, he has the right to file as the ToS listed an arbitrary location for such disputes. But let us know this, folks, it doesn't happen over night. Things like that do take time to fully resolve if you're going that route. You can have a bank investigate the charge fraud, and R2 naturally will place that account or any others that is associated with the payment on a ban just to protect themselves. Now, let's say for instance (and may not happen in his case), that he was legitimately caught cheating, as we know that some people would charge a little to justify their means. He loses all: the money, the items, the account. But if he hasn't cheated, as others had fallen into such when that fiasco happened, then I don't see why R2 can't just check, to keep updating the player (not through some automated means/timer, but of human contact), and try to resolve the issue.

You know, I don't spend on any R2 game since my appearance (old account dating about 3-4 years ago), but call me "lucky" as my system (well, except for last week when the announcement and maint came down as I was sleeping) is offline and I never get to lose anything or be in the middle of an exploit or whatever. In fact, I always get to read the forum first before I dive my boys in to see what I am going to expect when I do. I felt kind of bad in making one R2 support elf "swear" to me (I literally did) that the treasure inventory has been fixed and that it is safe to purchase it so I can move hundreds of gems (yes I am a pack rat that I don't synth until I have time in doing so) to it.

Bottom line, there is no signature on the dotted line, there's a box or indication that once you press "submit", "register", or whatever "go" button upon registering, you agree to be bound to the rules as set forth.
                  Thank you for your input. Appreciate it a lot. As i said, i believe I have given them more than enough time to return my stuff. I don't care if i get banned or
                  anything, I just want the $$$ I have spent between DEC 18 2015 and NOW. I am by know means doing this to be a jerk. This is very real and legitimate.

Comment

Completely understandable, and I nearly had done the same those many years ago. Money was not involved, but didn't want others to be done wrong either. Companies have to be careful as to what they write as far as an agreement goes. Yes, it does change from time to time, to a certain degree, but simply backing away from something already made is what we call here a breach of contract; and it only takes either party to make it happen. See, R2 has it easy to nit-pick the players when they do stuff wrong; however, can we not nit-pick them when they done wrong as well? I've seen many posts either deleted and/or closed when it comes to the latter. Frankly, I think that's just wrong to close feedback that others either will have to make another thread on the subject or just keep away from the forums. Granted, this time around, I had never gotten any of my feedback posts closed now as opposed when I was on a different forum in the R2 site. However, I do know some companies are tired of hearing it all the time. But, this is how I live: if I keep hearing the same thing over and over, I might as well take a closer look into it to find the root of the problem and then try to resolve it as best as I can.

Anyways, wish you the best in hoping your matter gets resolved in what ever avenue you take.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                      did u see the mess up u ave to tick box to agree for tos to agreefor signing up to r2 games for kabam u dont get a check box to agree for the tos so actualy the tos in kabam isnt binding

and i didnt add my signature which also is needed for a binding contract not a tick box
                      Lol You're funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                        Lol You're funny.
                        yes i am funny

but why should i care about tos wen r2 dont even care about it and lets cheaters and hackers spoil the game

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                          but why should i care about tos wen r2 dont even care about it and lets cheaters and hackers spoil the game
                          A very good and logical point.

That being said, if R2 ever decided to take legal action against you (in the extremely, extremely unlikely event), the ToS will apply. It's almost impenetrable. But like you said, not really something to worry about in any practical sense so..... meh.

Comment

Yep, and they will. It's going to be like one of those "oh, I cannot do this but it is okay for YOU to do it?" kind of things.

Comment

It is invariably those thrown behind bars that says "Why should I care?" where the law is concerned. It is such a SUPERB defence, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X