World Boss Hp increase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
    what do you mean by "after a minute or less on the server(s)"?
    the WB HP status is part of the server state. the script is entirely local to the server. nothing needs to be done on client side at all.
    WB restart is done by server. clients get the respawned WB through the icon on screen like a regular WB.
    people need time to enter WB prior to start. that's one reason why a small gap between respawn is desirable.
    not knowing Wartune's server side architecture, but it seems like an appliance as they appear quite uniform.
    it would be quite trivial if all timed events are scheduled jobs on server.

ps. the connection quality to hosts where the wartune (virtual?) servers reside seems very good on my side (<24 ms from ping), but everything in-game seems to take forever.
    Exactly on what I have said. Most people's WB end before a minute is up. With the mashup on merges, there comes more lag on such. If R2 does a check similar to that "hide other objects" button fiasco where it constantly checks on server side, it's going to lag up; some people will have the respawn possible while others are going to still wait until it comes to them (and by then, it will be gone again).

Again, it might be doable if they are competent enough to go forth on such and not mess up. But I won't hold my breath.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
      don't need to start script at same time as wb (waste 5 minutes on a sleep syscall).
      AS3/Flash doesn't have a sleep syscall. You can mimic it using either a completely different thread, or a timed event. That being said, you generally never should use a sleep syscall. Throws all sorts of wonky errors, sets off anti-virus heuristics, and interferes with other threads, which AS3/Flash uses a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
        AS3/Flash doesn't have a sleep syscall. You can mimic it using either a completely different thread, or a timed event. That being said, you generally never should use a sleep syscall. Throws all sorts of wonky errors, sets off anti-virus heuristics, and interferes with other threads, which AS3/Flash uses a lot.
        as3/flash is only the client. server side seems to be a full-os installation, or at least they have scheduled jobs running.
        wb respawn has to be done entirely on server side.
        your client is already constantly pulling event icons from server. the extra wb instance is just like a regular event icon to it. nothing needs to be changed on client side.

Comment

Working...
        X