No announcement yet.

Bullying and Stack Killings in BG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one, kanusti, and probably might have a suggestion that can probably solve it as well. The honor system is all jacked up as it is. They capped it at 6k, so to get an upgrade like that, you will have to play for like 611 days (which is almost 2 years) straight if you don't have medallions to help boost up the count (from events and imperial war). Personally, I think they need to drop the cap or adjust it that players with higher honor titles can get more honor per day from such.

It doesn't stop there, though. In addition to the cap removal, I could suggest that since everyone has to be in the field, honor rewards should be given appropriately based on the target: small honor reward for targets that are small (way less than a player's current BR) while larger BR targets give large honor rewards. In addition to that, instead of cutting off honor on more than 3 kills of the same player, they can cut off any future kills on the same player after they have been defeated 3 times by that person. This way, the target won't feel like they were being farmed, and it will give that person another target to go after if they want to get the kills in and/or more honor for those much needed upgrades. The values reset after the battle ends, so you can start fresh on a new battle with either the same or different opponents.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

2 simple rule to follow if you plan to do BG.
      1) don't get on someone stronger then you **** list
      2) keep your mouth shut

talking trash at someone stringer then you will get you spawn lcoked normally and if someone has you on there **** list then your spawn locked again.

Comment

It's Battlegrounds ,players pvp in there and doing what is meant to do inside a battleground that a game put for us all ,if don't llike it (don't do it very simple

Comment

LOL, true on that (for both of you). However, there are times I would go in and I would get hit by the same person (after they know they can win) multiple times. Hence, why I stayed from it now until they fix it. I don't know. I have a mindset where you don't put marathon runners in the same race as those who are doing a 100-meter dash.

However, I liked kanusti's point and hoping they will do something with the honor system to make it worthy to have an interesting battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
            (read my Yugo vs Charger vs Lambo post to gather more insight).

And yugo will win

Comment

Originally posted by Isabel.wartune View Post
              It's Battlegrounds ,players pvp in there and doing what is meant to do inside a battleground that a game put for us all ,if don't llike it (don't do it very simple
              Spot on. Altho it is very stressy for the lower players, it is PvP and these things will happen.

Comment

Level cap obviously in effective but br cap isn't as long as it's in realtime. No honor or kill reward if player less than 10 mil br below you. (remember this in realtime not at reset)..Thoughts?
                S634 Archer 19 Mil BR

Comment

LOL if a Charger or Lambo loses control and crashes, yep, a Yugo might still win. I've driven lots of transports in my life to know a bit about power and stability in all types of weather. This time around, I am learning about Hybrids (sorry Prius, but I am set on Malibu as I got one).

Smudgerglory: I think if they fix the honor cap, it will solve part of the problem. The other parts to be solved would be the following:
                  • Honor Rewarding: Lower BR targets yield low honor rewards when defeated/killed. Higher BR targets yield much larger honor given. This will probably make the person decide if they want to collect low honor throughout their gaming life or go for the score in taking down their own or larger targets.
                  • Point Rewarding: Lower BR targets yield low points when killed/defeated. Higher BR targets give a lot of points when killed/defeated. Again, this will make the player of the team they are on to decide if they wanted to farm for low points while there are bigger fish out there that can be defeated.
                  • 50% Heals: I know folks love to spam heals to keep the fight going long. BG is technically a last person standing match. You should last long enough until you're put down. If this ability is in effect, we can even see the bigger players heading back to the spawn point and battle times reduced somewhat. I would want to go for no heals, but there will be those out there that will cry on such.
                  • Kill Cap: This one makes very much sense. There are at a max of 15 people on each side for 30 minutes, meaning up to 15 targets a player can hit at any time. However, most will hit a lower player for the kill count to go up (title wise). To curb this, place a kill cap at 3 successful kills on a target, regardless of honor/point reward given, and then prevent said player from targeting the person for the remainder of the bout. This way, it will give the player something else to kill. NPC kills are the only exception to this. This value resets after the event is over so they can go in fresh for a new battle ground event. If a player leaves and a new one arrives, that new player will also be a target.
                  Again, I am just throwing ideas about. I wish I designed this game with these in mind along with fixing the stuff that is really important. Hopefully, if this needs to be revamped (emphasis on fixing the daily honor cap as upgrading is horrendous), then I am hoping they will pull their heads out of their collective four point of contact.

Comment

and what about people who are rude on BG and to addresses offensive words to others...like your mother is my beach...and so on
                    a bit old in this game

Comment

I would hope that that's what the support and reporting is for.

Comment

Try to make a video of it then upload it to youtube and send the link in a ticket. Be sure to show what server they are on by pulling up the rankings.

I have found that ignoring such players and not saying anything back to them tends to get the name calling to stop. Sadly some players like to talk a load of trash to get other players mad.
                        When posting about bugs please include your IGN, platform and server.

Comment

Seems to be the trend these days. Ignoring can only go so far. Reporting the incident can solve matters one way, but will bring animosity in another. I am no angel as I would get my fingers dirty. But, I know when I go too far that I will stop. However, do not mistake this action as a form of weakness or conformity, as if something hits close to home is being said I will not hesitate in taking the ban after I am through with you.

Comment

Meeikura when it comes to BG no one is 100% innocent. We all have all said and done things out of anger, I would be lying if I said I have never lost my temper and my hands are not clean either . I have been on both sides of this. I have been spawn trapped and I have been one to spawn trap others when I see such talks to or by anyone. One thing I have not done is name calling. Name calling to me is childish and pointless. This is a game and as such is meant to be fun and enjoyable by all, it should never be taken onto a personal level.
                            When posting about bugs please include your IGN, platform and server.

Comment

Oh I know that not everyone is innocent. I do light trash talking like "you can't hit the broad side of a barn" or "you probably don't have the cojones to fight someone worth fighting that you have to farm weaker players" when it comes to battles because I am just a wise guy while having fun. I never go as far as poking into someone's real life situation or situations that affect everyone at a global scale (like the incident that I had to dive in). I do come with a set of things I hold very dear in real life (respected and observed), so when someone pokes and prods into such, they have invited themselves in to be eaten alive as I will tell them off like never before, not caring what will happen from that point on. The same can be said of the company I keep as I will never use such as a weakness in trying to get the better of a person.

I often laugh at the ones who tell me, "you're jealous just because you don't spend like me". Like really, I am that jealous? Au contraire, mon ami, I am just thankful that I didn't have to put forth a house or car payment just to afford a few pixels that might become obsolete after I get a hold of them via the free exchange like everyone else that bides their time in waiting to get. Yes, I do have the money to spend for the game if I wanted, but why would I want to if it's not up to snuff? In fact, I just came back from a 400-500 mile trip (round trip, like literally in a circle) as I had fun. To me, that's money well spent.

Minuscule things like that do not bother me. But make fun out of 9/11 or talk something about a friend's real life in open chat to be insulting, and that person that done such will need more than just money to put me down.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudgerglory View Post
                                Level cap obviously in effective but br cap isn't as long as it's in realtime. No honor or kill reward if player less than 10 mil br below you. (remember this in realtime not at reset)..Thoughts?
                                Sometimes there aren't enough players in battleground to get very many battles, let alone be able to get them against players of the correct BR if this were a requirement, let alone keeping track of which players you could fight and which ones not - unless everyone is going to have their BR above their heads along with a count of the number of times you've hit them. I've lived through being beaten by everyone - and just not doing BG for months because I couldn't win - so I try to not intentionally hit the same person multiple times unless there really is no one else in the BG to fight. I now understand, too, about not wanting to have multiple long battles since there is a limited time to get the max honor and hits, and it's kind of a waste of time to participate in just a few long battles. Even suggestions that sound really good - sliding scale of honor based on difference in BR - kind of break down in the scenario of a low volume BG or one that does not contain enough players of BR that allows everyone to get honor. I would love to be able to get more than 6000 BR a day, but not sure how that will ever happen.
                                Prime
                                Server S7 R2games

Comment

Working...
                                X