Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Anomaly] Cluster 289 A Few Things...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Anomaly] Cluster 289 A Few Things...

"Carl, you only have one job!"

I decided to take a dive into 610 (part of the 289 merged cluster) to catch up (as now I am doing it every couple of days), and the following happened:
    • The icons are going crazy. I guess it is true now.
    • The Hot Events Panel (HEP) closes out on its own (probably due to all the switching icons).
    • There is no Outlands icon (don't think I can sign up).
    • HEP has swirly event items. Really? Is it THAT important?
    • Game moves much slower than slow motion itself. I still think I am on a dial-up connection that is R2 servers.
    • There's a Chinese Holiday coming up.
    While the other five I know R2 or 7Road won't dare to fix, I have a problem with the final statement in the list. You do not deserve a holiday (vacation) when you're going to leave the majority of the players hanging with what just happened after a maintenance. I mean, what in the bloody hell are you doing over there, Carl? A maint would consider of turning off the connections, running diagnostics on the network, reboot the systems, and get back into service. Why do we have these "unauthorized" modifications going about when there is nothing saying such (even if they put it out, it would be AFTER maint is done). Do you f**** even test anything? No, I bet not because you're too incompetent in doing so. So, you think it's fair to leave many stranded after your f*** up, Carl? I don't think so, either.

Fix your game before you go on vacation!
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
    "Carl, you only have one job!"

I decided to take a dive into 610 (part of the 289 merged cluster) to catch up (as now I am doing it every couple of days), and the following happened:
    • The icons are going crazy. I guess it is true now.
    • The Hot Events Panel (HEP) closes out on its own (probably due to all the switching icons).
    • There is no Outlands icon (don't think I can sign up).
    • HEP has swirly event items. Really? Is it THAT important?
    • Game moves much slower than slow motion itself. I still think I am on a dial-up connection that is R2 servers.
    • There's a Chinese Holiday coming up.

While the other five I know R2 or 7Road won't dare to fix, I have a problem with the final statement in the list. You do not deserve a holiday (vacation) when you're going to leave the majority of the players hanging with what just happened after a maintenance. I mean, what in the bloody hell are you doing over there, Carl? A maint would consider of turning off the connections, running diagnostics on the network, reboot the systems, and get back into service. Why do we have these "unauthorized" modifications going about when there is nothing saying such (even if they put it out, it would be AFTER maint is done). Do you f**** even test anything? No, I bet not because you're too incompetent in doing so. So, you think it's fair to leave many stranded after your f*** up, Carl? I don't think so, either.

Fix your game before you go on vacation!
    same problems! its annoying!

Comment

All I'm curious about is if it was just West servers, or all time zones, during that lag spike.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        All I'm curious about is if it was just West servers, or all time zones, during that lag spike.
        Hoping other regions will check in to see if it's a wide spread effect or just limited. I had thought it was isolated to one or two units, but each one (on servers 610, 586, 681, 632) shows some sort of anomaly when it comes to the "switching icons" effect (and I thought it was a farce since I didn't happen to me in the past; now I am a believer). The HEP, I later found out, went out when said icons (even I saw the numbers on the HEP went from 15 to 2 to 13 to 7 to 15 again within 3 seconds) were switching around. Some (like the Login Event Icon) reset its swirl that I had to click to see if I took out the item from it (which I did). Another thing was funny is when I minimize all icons and decided to press the blue v button underneath, it would give me a random window as if I clicked on that icon. Closed out, hit it again, another random event/icon window would pop up. Again, might be related on the switching effect.

I dove in 2 at a time as with 5 would be like rush hour traffic on a freeway. However, with the two, I was moving slower than the "matrix" motion that I literally had to step out for a drink, bathroom break, or some thing so they can complete their walk to the spot I wanted them to go (never liked parking next to the big lag inducing swirly that is the portal anyways) since it would have taken them about 10-15 seconds to move as they are on mounts that "fly" if it was under normal conditions.

Comment

According to another thread, East had their dancing icon happy hour an hour before West. West was actually late to the party compared to previous times. The dancing usually only lasts about 15 minutes, but it's really the timing of it that's having an impact on everyone. When we forward the complaints about this process, it's always coupled with the events it's interfering with. I understand it's an essential process being run when that happens and the dancing icons and lag is a side effect, but I still wonder why they can't move the process forward a few hours so it's not interfering with evening events.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

What could they be doing that would cause such? In the past, never had such happened. Took a massive break with log ins every few days due to the lag that became unbearable to play. Aside from my real life projects, this is my main reason I am not playing as much as before.

I am hoping this will get addressed soon.

Comment

Working...
            X