Ridiculous Lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
    You guys should all stop putting up with things and start yelling about it on the forum. I'm being serious - every issue, every time. Everyone should speak up about things that are wrong in the game on the forum.

The increase in traffic would benefit me because then they'd fix the forum. It would benefit you because there's strength in numbers and maybe we'll get stuff fixed.

If the login issue doesn't resolve for your friend, please ask her to send in a ticket about how the forum is broken I should have my computer back tomorrow, and will see if I can reproduce the issue then.
    Not meaning to sidetrack this post. You say we should not keep quiet about issues. People have been complaining about lag for years, posting in forums, sending in tickets. But always get the same response, clear cache etc.... I think many are just flat out giving up on trying to get things fixed. I mean why keep posting about things when we keep getting the same response? Gets really frustrating. You might say that there will always be some lag with flash involved. Okay, so how are people supposed to know what is normal and what isn't? They just might think it's normal. Or they will think it is their computer or internet. You almost need a top of the line pc to play this game playable, hardware does make a difference, at least in my experience.

I am one that used to post about bugs and with videos and screenshots and nothing ever been done. And many of those bugs, there would be pages and pages of posts about it.

Comment

Shared Death Zone boss seems another one lagging...just entered with full HP and a good 20+ seconds later, still loading the room, didn't get off an attack and couldn't get rewards.

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
        You say we should not keep quiet about issues....
        She's definitely saying this is the new normal, and wants this forum used first and foremost.

What our tickets have bought us is understanding from the powers higher up on the food chain that Support Tickets are often a fail, and where I remember coming to this forum in the past and being...confused...about directions, this is now an approved, even preferred venue.

As for always being lag with Flash, or whatever we're using, keep complaining, here, all the time, everyone with their own posts, and keep asking questions and following up until you understand and your issue is fixed. It helps on the issue, and it helps this forum. They make no money with no players spending, and sounds like this can work if we all try in concert.

I still feel guilty for bugging her so much, but it'll have to pass! lol

Comment

Had another player tonight bitten in Castle Wars. Combat froze inside the attack window for a player, the player tried to refresh after about 5 minutes frozen, the game didn't let him back in the room, which is still a chronic problem with this event...we lost against the top-rated (by BR) guild on all linked servers by what seemed like about 100 points, so this cost us a great win.

How's it coming exterminating LAG-2020?

Comment

the only place i Lag in fights is spire i dont play pvp matches cuz of stun etc

my system specs are:

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H81M-DS2V
            Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
            Installed RAM 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
            System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
            Graphics Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz) Intel HD Graphics 4400 (Gigabyte)
            HDD 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-00ERMA0 ATA Device (SATA )
            Edition Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview
            OS build 20185.1000
            Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.19801.0.0

ISP TalkTalk 150 MBPS

Comment

I'm surprised with only 8Gb of RAM, even if it is DDR3, you're doing this well, evilharry666 .
              Win 10 Pro might be a help there.

We had more players tonight locking up in Castle Wars, and lagging, and not getting anywhere near the number of kills we'd expect with "average" lag in the event, and lost another close one.
              It lagged throughout the day for me to various degrees...tried to play, gave up for a few hours...even a die-hard has to have problems loving this enough to stay focused on this game through this much lag.

Other items posted in a secondary location, MemoryLane .
              Last edited by Centaur0001; 08-15-2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Tonight's post brought to you by the numbers 7, 8, & 9, and the letters L, A, & G.
                And it's turning me into a Grouch!

"Speed" Challenge wouldn't let us activate our spots on the last three levels tonight, so a fast run turned into over 8 minutes.
                It was a problem on level 6, but worked eventually, 7-9 we had to time out to advance.
                So much for collecting weekly rewards for our time.

I'd just refreshed, stripped sylphs and eudaemons, had a basic white mount, others had pared down what they were riding or wearing and tried to keep it simple.

How do we run a "speed challenge" when we can't even click to let the level know we reached our targets? This problem is becoming a frequent flier in what should be a fun, quick event.

Comment

Here are two different screen shot of where I get stuck at loading game. It was just the 95% with that same spot but now I am getting both. This happens on any browser and client so it does not matter which on I use. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (23).png
Views:	1
Size:	700.0 KB
ID:	2010552Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (24).png
Views:	1
Size:	686.4 KB
ID:	2010553

Comment

i used to get that when on a network that does not allow r2 to load totally you can try a vpn then start client or browser it will load then normally
                    Theonlyghost
                    Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
                    Server : S122 US-East
                    Guild : Fenix
                    Class : Mage
                    IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

very slow now but was normal ?? speed earlier.
                      in bg took 20s to load fights
                      some fights not loading !!!!!!

taking ages to load game - getting stuck at 90% - then 95% then 99%
                      league of angels loads fast - so its not my m/c or connection
                      Last edited by daft48eddiex; 08-22-2020, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Another problem tonight related to lag and the R2Client going stale quickly.

Trying to get some scoring in Outlands Crystal Wars, players are getting in the room at 2210 or 2215, trying to battle, seeing grey ghosts instead of opponents and their eudaemons, sylphs, and cuties, not seeing the skills opponents are using, and then lag against an opponent that's fairly evenly matched sets in.

We've had several combats now in Crystal Wars over TEN minutes each.

So, not only do we not get to use our energy points, get only one or two battles in the 15-30 minutes we're in there, and get trapped in ultra-slow combat in a Client that's really not release worthy when it shows performance like this, but we get to miss part or all of World Boss, too!

You also can't get out and bless when you're stuck in a never-ending combat...even if you plan for a long battle, this is just unfairly long.

Can World Boss be moved to 2235 so it's not in very direct conflict with Crystal Wars, and so it's also more consistent in being started 35 minutes after the hour just like the one 11 hours earlier in the day?

And can someone please look harder at the intense lag we're still seeing? Yes, some pieces of it still seem a very little bit better than a few days ago, which could mean anything from which day of the week it is or whether there's a gibbous moon or whether someone has taken out or put in pins to their voodoo dolls of the 7Road devs or, maybe, they bought another new hamster to power their servers...it's certainly not a programming solution else we'd have heard them take some credit for it, and give out apology rewards like 3 gold pieces and a level 0.5 EXP scroll.

We know from the past they CAN and DO control lag solutions. They've already done it. And promised they wouldn't return us here. And broke their promise. When are they going to fix the lag and keep it fixed? They're only costing themselves money by upsetting spending players to the point they'll never spend again.
                        Last edited by Centaur0001; 08-22-2020, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Tonight, I'm seeing Dancing Icons.

So, I guess I've graduated from Sesame Street to The Electric Company.

My cursor doesn't follow mouse movements all the time now. Sometimes with several seconds of delay. This is getting worse. I'm cutting my play time down as a result, too. I can't even get through events to score enough devotion to make it matter at this point. The lag needs to be fixed.

Tonight, in Castle Wars in which our guild could field 15-20 fairly often, the event started out with me. Just me.
                          The opponent, though, was equally enthusiastic about playing through lag, and a powerhouse guild peaked at 5 players in the room.

You can't think this lag doesn't impact the amount of play, and the amount of spend. People not playing the game aren't in and spending on it.
                          The smart business decision is to FIX THE LAG!!

Comment

As we see with every patch, to some degree or another, there's been another big pickup with lag.

Usually subsides as more people, frustrated with the lag, drop from the game, so there's less runtime demand.

It's everything. The R2Client needs a refresh every couple of minutes, Chrome just about can't run at this point, everyone's seeing it.

I hope the changes are good ones. I certainly can't run anything new yet. May give it a few days and see if lag subsides enough to try the new things.

Seeing the release notes even come up for many as a white screen (not for me, amazingly), they can't even see what's been done.

Comment

Another amazing event. I think. I didn't see most of it due to how long rooms took to load. Struggle for Glory. Says we "lost" even though our team seems to have won more than half the rooms.

But, we couldn't even use skills! SOOOO much lag. Every player. The room would load in time for me to see I could activate my sylph, which I have set for the second combat round via skills, so we were always 2 or more combat rounds into the battle before we were seeing the room. And skills weren't yet loaded most of those rounds.

Note to devs, if you're going to schedule a patch, make sure it's over a month away from an Anniversary Event, else nobody actually is playing it...we're just lagging and hoping whatever happens by default for us is better than what happens for the opponents by default.

We're back to "unplayable" here. What's keeping you from doing what you MUST and fixing the lag?

And, before I forget, same documentation issue as last year, where it looks like the event starts in September, though qualifying was tonight. Many rounds without an opponent, many of my guild not in for tonight thinking the date in documentation actually meant something...will nobody fix THAT, either?..at least two years running now on that, and completely costs players the event and rewards.
                              Last edited by Centaur0001; 08-29-2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Tonight's first casualty for lag is the blacksmith.

I've never seen lag there before.

Just after a refresh of the R2 Client, I go in and the first gem I try to synthsize triggers lag for the second click.

This is repeatable tonight, believe it or not.

Did someone purchase a lag item for our server and get their year's quota of spender rewards for this?

Tonight's second casualty for lag is logging in here!...took two minutes to get this forum to open up, another minute to descend into threads...even when other things are broken, it's usually better than that in here unless something is hosed. Though, that's happened before, too. Any idea what's up with the forums and the game this time?

Comment

Working...
                                X