Lord's Trial Bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord's Trial Bug

I set off a blitz to level 30 of Lord's Trial.

The game got me to level 29...and stopped me.

I just came back, just after 11PM on Sunday, so can't run or blitz to level 30.

The game also doesn't let me close or quit from the Lord's Trial window after this.

The level 30 rewards are important ones...which I won't get this week because it'll start from 0 in a few minutes.

Seems like yet another bug from the latest patch.

Attached Files

They would like to know if you had enough keys to blitz to 30. They also request you send in a ticket if you are still having an issue with this.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I had exactly the keys needed to get to 30.

Made sure of that twice, keeping in mind also that the level you're about to enter into during the event is not the last level you conquered, so I did, and do, remember to add "1" to that number of keys needed to hit that blitz level.

Will work on filing that ticket with all deliberate speed....

Comment

lords trial has never let you blitz the 30th boss,you have allways had to fight it manually,just like in cata,purg etc you have to fight the last boss

Comment

https://prnt.sc/uby14s
          check this screenshot..it even tells you in the description that lords trial finnishes at 23:00 on a sunday
          been this way since lords trial came into the game
          from the op this bit "The game also doesn't let me close or quit from the Lord's Trial window after this"
          is the only part which is likely a bug,never had this happen to me but im sure a refresh would of fixed that
          Last edited by Numbnuts; 09-05-2020, 03:19 AM.

Comment

The response I got, not including the copious Game of Thrones spam, was disappointing:

Originally posted by Support
            Hello,

Thank you for reaching us. When trying to blitz on Lord of Trials, first you can enter how many keys do you have and there would be a pop up message if the key is insufficient. May we suggest you that if this matter happens again, may we ask you to kindly please take a video, once confirmed, we will then forwards to our developers for an investigation.

Thank you and have a great day!
            Taking a video means I have enough keys to gratuitously run this again and again at will.
            Taking a video of a static screen when a screen cap is already provided is a brain-dead request and a colossal waste of time.
            Taking a video is something Support itself has told me might induce more lag and problems with RAM capacity and might cause the very problems we're looking to solve.
            This whole response, as usual, just pushes back as if we players can't be trusted at all in reporting issues, rather than taking our input and working as partners.
            I made certain I could run the blitz to 30 before I ran it and if I didn't have enough keys it would have, as they noted, told me I had insufficient keys.
            And....

Rather than having me go further down this road of pointing out that Support here, scripted or not, is entirely useless, I'm guessing the exercise of having the ticket in the first place is what was needed, understanding that Support was bound, on its own, to live down to less than the lowest expectations again.

Maybe my input on the ticket wasn't ideal, but they didn't copy that anymore in the response I got, so I can't even review to see if I omitted something...guess they felt they needed more room in the replies for spam links.

Please do make me aware what might come of things with this ticket.
            Last edited by Centaur0001; 09-06-2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbnuts View Post
              lords trial has never let you blitz the 30th boss,you have allways had to fight it manually,just like in cata,purg etc you have to fight the last boss
              I disagree.

It's another inconsistent exception.

At least, it has been for me on my server. (I'm on Wartune Gamerocks S36, and maybe Gamerocks works differently?)

If this was actually CHANGED, then it shouldn't have allowed me to input a blitz to level 30, and should have limited it to 29...and, it defaults to 30 when you (or, at least, when I) call up the blitz window. And still does.

Since you have to fight each level all the way to 30 the first time through, it makes no sense to default to 30 on the blitz window if that's not going to be allowed, but, yes, I know, this is Wartune, and the genius devs we have do things like that, too, sometimes.

I agree, the first time through, you must fight level 30. And, unlike Catacombs, you have to fight EVERY level once to get to the end. It doesn't allow a blitz until you've done all 30 levels manually one time for the week. (Or, is that also different for you?)

I'll gladly fight level 30 after blitzing 1-29 if I know I'll need to, but I wasn't literally given a fighting chance here by knowing...and without being further misled (if this is the way it's supposed to be) by showing level 30 as the actual default setting in the blitz window after having it work all the way to 30 in times past.
              Last edited by Centaur0001; 09-06-2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbnuts View Post
                https://prnt.sc/uby14s
                check this screenshot..it even tells you in the description that lords trial finnishes at 23:00 on a sunday
                been this way since lords trial came into the game
                from the op this bit "The game also doesn't let me close or quit from the Lord's Trial window after this"
                is the only part which is likely a bug,never had this happen to me but im sure a refresh would of fixed that
                I do agree that Lord's Trial isn't to be started again after 2300 on Sunday.

But, first, I've run blitzes on it in the past that barely started before 2300 and ran to completion.

And, I got this one started quite a bit earlier, so it should have finished before 2300 this time...I just went afk (about 2230) and when I came back, it stopped at 29. I was saying I came back from being afk after 2300, so couldn't do anything about it after 2300.

Actually, as I was focusing on the lost blitz level, and only had a chance to get back to this a handful of days afterward, I probably forgot to mention being unable to close when I put my ticket together, so this response was a handy reminder...I think I was reading @MemoryLane's response to suggest we file specifically on the final level, not the window closure concern...though this is going to be treated as another of those unhappy graphics bugs we get all over the game where something works one way today, another way tomorrow, and they'll tell me it's beyond their control. But, we'll see.
                Last edited by Centaur0001; 09-06-2020, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Centaur0001 View Post

I disagree.

It's another inconsistent exception.

At least, it has been for me on my server. (I'm on Wartune Gamerocks S36, and maybe Gamerocks works differently?)

If this was actually CHANGED, then it shouldn't have allowed me to input a blitz to level 30, and should have limited it to 29...and, it defaults to 30 when you (or, at least, when I) call up the blitz window. And still does.

Since you have to fight each level all the way to 30 the first time through, it makes no sense to default to 30 on the blitz window if that's not going to be allowed, but, yes, I know, this is Wartune, and the genius devs we have do things like that, too, sometimes.

I agree, the first time through, you must fight level 30. And, unlike Catacombs, you have to fight EVERY level once to get to the end. It doesn't allow a blitz until you've done all 30 levels manually one time for the week. (Or, is that also different for you?)

I'll gladly fight level 30 after blitzing 1-29 if I know I'll need to, but I wasn't literally given a fighting chance here by knowing...and without being further misled (if this is the way it's supposed to be) by showing level 30 as the actual default setting in the blitz window after having it work all the way to 30 in times past.
                  yea even on the 2nd run where blitzing is activated i still have to manually fight # 30,i cant even enter number 30 on the blitz screen as it auto switches to 29 when i try
                  maybe im the 1 who has been playing with a bug the whole time
                  Last edited by Numbnuts; 09-06-2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Well, first step is to identify if not blitzing lv30 is indeed a bug. That's the investigation part, and the devs will have to tell us if that's the way they coded it to work. A few questions I have now are have you successfully blitzed lv30 before, in a run that ended before 23:00 on Sunday? And if you have, can you do it on a different day than Sunday to make sure the time cut off isn't a factor? Is it taking 30 levels worth of keys from you? If you put in enough keys to blitz to 29, do you get to the same point but with less keys used, or do you have to manually do lvl 29?

You didn't mention not being able to close the panel without refreshing in your initial ticket. The video, which should absolutely not be of blitzing the entire 30 floors, but should be of the last floor where you're having trouble. You can show in video that you can't close a panel or proceed with a thing much better than you can in a screenshot.

What I would do at this point, I would take a timestamped screenshot of the start with the panel showing I have enough keys to go to lvl 30. I would take a timestamped screenshot showing the end of the run, where it stops on lvl 29. That's the point where I would start screen recording, with the mouse highlight turned on, where I would go through the motion of showing that lv30 still needed to be manually done, even though it took the keys for it. If you can't close the window and need to refresh, it's being recorded, and you'll get to show that whole process. You can pop the video on youtube with the option that only lets you view the video if you have the link to it. Both screenshots and the video get sent as a reply to the ticket.
                    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Ok, let me try to give as complete a response as I have for now on this one....

(Anyone idly skimming through simple issues should probably leave now. The detail here may bore to tears. You've been warned.)

By intent, I set up my Lord's Trial blitz tonight (a Sunday) to straddle the 2300 hour. What I'm seeing is new behavior. The event DID terminate the blitz at 2300. I have physically sat at my computer in the past and watched blitzes on Sundays, and other nights, proceed beyond this, even fairly recently. Instead of getting to level 15, it terminated at level 12. So, this is new. By itself, this also might then be considered a bug. I was moved from Cloud City to my Home City, which probably shouldn't happen, either, but does for several events at times. (See attached screen cap, both showing the changed background and this week's blitz end at level 12.) This also usually requires some kind of refresh when it occurs, too, so might be related to any issues I had. And, I DID reproduce the inability to close the Lord's Trial Blitz window again this time. (I'll have to go back and refresh after I finish typing and documenting here.)

I do NOT believe this is what happened some days ago where I made the screen shot, it shouldn't have been straddling the 2300 deadline, as there's no way a blitz started at 2235 or 2240 in there runs beyond 2300, even with 30 keys used, as it's 30 seconds per level. If I'm wrong about when I ran the blitz, then there's new (bad) behavior. And a bug. If I'm right, and it stopped me getting level 30 and its rewards, then it's also a bug. Perhaps the devs need to rule on this one, bug or feature, but it's also inconsistent with Sylph Expedition, which has existed longer on Wartune than Lord's Trial and Cast Stones, and I will come back to that topic shortly.

In this event (Lord's Trial), you need to collect 60 keys for the week to be able to blitz the second run to level 30, even if not taking the single rooms at difficulty levels 1 and 2 to get weekly rewards there, assuming you manually conquer all 30 levels first, and the event makes it tough to reach 60 keys. (The blitz of subsequent runs only allows you to reach the highest level previously reached that week, which I have tried and tested before. You can blitz daily after Monday, but it will only take you as far as the previous conquered levels that week.) I believe my record is something like 75 keys for the week, but second best is only about 63, have five or six times before blitzed to level 60, and almost certainly it would have been on a Sunday because I can't get the keys faster than that...shy of something very far off the bell curve happening, it's not to be expected, even running completely all seven days of the week.

My 45 keys this week isn't going to get me there...lower than average, but the event is (too) stingy much of the time...and I missed a day.

I'm fairly sure I have blitzed to level 30 on runs that ended both before and after 2300 on Sunday, and am 100% certain they weren't started after 2300 on Sunday. The sharp ending at 2300 tonight was new behavior.

In Sylph Expedition, where you also can't enter after 2300 on Sunday (or any day...it's shut to new entry from 2300 until 0100 the following day, every day), a blitz started before 2300 will keep going until completion (if you don't halt the blitz) until it is done, no matter how long that takes, and that is a reliable and repeatable circumstance...when I'm not doing Lord's Trial at that hour on Sunday, I'm usually blitzing Sylph Expedition and stepping away for the day, as do others. (If you stop the blitz and try to re-enter after 2300 on any day of the week, you can't. But, I didn't test that tonight or last week...perhaps this, like the Lord's Trial issue, changed with the patch for 10.0?...I haven't heard it from elsewhere yet.)

I'm not blitzing 30 levels of Lord's Trial all at once. I'm certain I never have. Once I've conquered the first round of 30 rooms manually, I use the keys as I get them, most of the time. I want to use those Cast Stones as rewards. They help BR.

If I'm facing what seems to be level 21 when I enter the event lobby, I've really conquered only level 20 so far. Therefore, I need 10 keys to reach level 30 via the blitz option. Levels 21-30 is 10 keys. Not 30-21=9, which is the natural trick the mind wants to play in telling you how many you need. I was absolutely certain I COULD blitz to 30 for the time in question for which I gave the screen shot, and set it up to do so. Where you're asking "are you sure?"...I always need to check number of keys this way when I blitz...I'm certain.

I don't know that I recall only having the exact number of keys to blitz to level 29 in some past week (59 for the week) without the one more for level 30. (I think I've been forced to stop at blitz level 28 several times, without problems.) So, I can't tell you from experience, though I can say the correct number of keys has seemed to be used when I blitz daily (normally Thursday through Sunday) to lower levels. Which level depends on the number of keys I have to that point in the week.

At some time in the past, with the tickets I've filed, there was one case where someone in Support went off on me with a couple of thousand words about how I was to blame for causing all my troubles with graphics by TRYING to use video, when I wasn't! (I did, when asked, try to help guild mates set up and use video, and you are aware from another venue we're going to try all we can to provide that and other things when asked, if at all possible.) But, the fact is, on the computer I'm using, I had a Dell software update forced on my system soon after I got it that acted like malware, could barely do more than turn the machine on without some very heavy-duty help, actually went to Microsoft, who took over my computer from a remote location and outright told me Dell had corrupted the Windows OS with their update. The complete fix would have been to completely wipe everything and reinstall the OS from the ground up, (without a 100% guarantee it would actually work!) which doesn't work for me for various reasons, and there's software I can't reinstall (licensed for professional reasons and installed once by the company that made it) so a wipe can't be done without leaving me helpless for my jobs. That leaves me without audio of any kind, and it leaves me unable to run any video recording program I've ever tried to install, verified by Microsoft...and for all I will knock them without mercy on some things, they gave me a little more than 10 hours of uninterrupted guru-level support to find, address, diagnose, and interpret what was going on here. (They were horrified a Dell update did what it did, and I can only guess they also needed the info to present to Dell.) I can see video just fine, but it's silent pictures here, not talkies. Nor does a microphone work. And a couple of other peripherals, so I use this as a super-powered game machine for Wartune and my remote login to work at times. All I need, just not all Support wants right now.

(At some time in the past, I actually asked you about running a video recording program, you gave me alternatives, all were tried, none work for me.)

That said, I do understand the idea that if you could reliably expect 60+ keys in a week from the event (which you absolutely can't), could remember to plan to run a video program (and I have a memory like a sieve, but that's on me, not on anyone else...I'd try to find a way if I thought one was to be had), and show what was to be shown, in hopes of a repeatable issue, it might shed some light.

But, as I already knew, and as that Wartune Support guru rather forcefully pointed out, (to me, and eventually to others in my guild, some of whom quit the game over that set of responses and the blame and accusation that went with them,) if you run video, you add to the amount being done and handled by the RAM, and if there's nothing shown, it might be whatever the video program alters, and if there is something shown, it might be the added load caused by the video...I promise you I tried to go over this with Support in the past, especially as I'm also trying to handle this for other players sometimes, and there's a pendulum that swings wildly about how this gets handled by Support. (Yes, I also know we're getting Support, not Pushback here. Still, this becomes an issue about adding variables to the situation, which, sadly, is a real concern, too.)

For the present...I am going to try to get someone else to reproduce this...that's the best I can do. For me, I can't do video recordings. It's moot. And, I did what I could in seeing whether this blitz runs through beyond 2300 on Sunday, and, now, contrary to my past experience, and contrary to how it works in other events that can't be entered after 2300 on Sunday, it just shut down on me at 2300, seemingly in the middle of a level. (Again, bug or feature?)

I'm trying to think if this will run on a blitz to level 30 on a backup machine that might run video, but my other machines are Win 7, and I think in trying your options for video recording software in the past I also tried those and failed for the ones I tried...I'll try to come up with something if I can.

While having Microsoft literally get into the guts of Windows, I was promised there were not going to be other effects to my system, (if there were any chance of problems, I'd have been forced into a reinstall in spite of the situation, and I was told it was totally unneeded,) and that it might even run cleaner without sound or the video recording capacity, as some things were basically deleted, and if it were an issue with any software, I'd crash out often...which doesn't happen on this machine, and never has once (which is a miracle for a Microsoft OS...in a funny way, once they got me up and running, this machine runs better than an average machine). Every computer is a little different, so this is just like having a slightly different group of apps or software on my machine than some others...actually, a simpler system with less chance of conflict from the software...it's not an issue, to the best of my ability to understand.

I do sanity check where I'm able and run on another test machine, and I do have others in my guild re-check when possible, too. For this specific case, nobody else has had the fortune to reach 60+ keys (at least nobody has had the chance to tell me so this week) yet, and to see what happens with level 30 on the blitz of the second run for the week to that level.

I'll find more where I can.

What I also want to check next week is whether anything can be provoked to stop where it shouldn't on lower levels, having nothing to do with Sunday's blitzing.

Bug or not, something has changed here. And, so far, that's not the response Support has given. I agree, we need to try to nail down exactly what the issue is or issues are here. And whether things can be reproduced. I thought I had a lot of information up front, but it seems there's more to it than that...I learned a little more tonight with how things ended at 2300 sharp.
                      Attached Files

Comment

on the point of well or not the game does level 30 when blitzing it does level 30 on the blitz
                        Theonlyghost
                        Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
                        Server : S122 US-East
                        Guild : Fenix
                        Class : Mage
                        IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

Working...
                        X