Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[FIX] Caching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FIX] Caching

Hey guys. If you've been playing Wartune since the very start, I think you know what caching really meant. Unfortunately, the feature was broken/removed for some reason. My best guess - Wartune didn't have that many assets back then but it is pretty loaded now.

This guide will help you if -
    • You have a slow internet connection
    • You keep losing your cache for reasons unknown
    • You want a snappier Wartune experience

Before we get started, I run Wartune on this computer: AMD FX 4300 / 8 GB RAM / SSD / AMD Radeon R7 360
    As you can see, the processor is pretty much outdated. If I'm enjoying Wartune with these specs, you should be fine.
    Just follow the instructions carefully. If you need help, I'm right here.

Let's get started!

1. Download HandyCache from here.

2. Go to your Downloads folder & unzip HandyCacheRC4.1.0.0.860.zip. In the folder where you unzipped the files, you'll see a file called browser certificate as trusted root-public. You have to install this certificate. Please refer this video. (Credit: Bernando, Jr. Minguita)

After the certificate is installed, open the folder HandyCacheRC4.1.0.0.860 & double click on HandyCache.

4a. Time to configure HandyCache (as per the images)

Click image for larger version  Name:	01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	2011952

Click image for larger version  Name:	02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.7 KB ID:	2011953

Click image for larger version  Name:	03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.5 KB ID:	2011954

Click image for larger version  Name:	04.jpg Views:	1 Size:	158.0 KB ID:	2011955

Click image for larger version  Name:	05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.2 KB ID:	2011956

Click image for larger version  Name:	06.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	2011957

Click image for larger version  Name:	07.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.3 KB ID:	2011958

Click image for larger version  Name:	08.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.6 KB ID:	2011959

Click image for larger version  Name:	09.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	2011960

Congratulations! Your HandyCache is now configured.

4b. Proxy server

• HandyCache requires a proxy server to function. Assuming you have Windows 10, just type Proxy settings in start menu & make sure it looks something like the image below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	proxy-01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	2011961

OR

Open Internet Explorer - Tools > Internet options > Connections > LAN settings & make the changes here.
    [If you don't see menu bar in Internet Explorer, just press Alt key]

Click image for larger version  Name:	proxy-02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.9 KB ID:	2011962

5. HandyCache is set up and your proxy is ready. Fire up Wartune anywhere except Firefox; and your cache will be saved. (Firefox has its own proxy settings)
    Now, you can load Wartune from Client, Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Opera & it should load from your cache folder. Play for a couple of days to populate the cache folder.

CAUTION:
    • When you have proxy enabled, your internet will only work after you start HandyCache. So once you're done playing, don't forget to disable proxy.
    • Restart HandyCache every 30 minutes or so. Cause after some time, it starts loading things from the internet & not your cache folder. It's a bug, I guess. You'll see.

I hope I haven't missed out anything. If it doesn't work for you, please let me know. I'll try my best to get things working for you.
    And if it works for you, have fun
    Last edited by Tempest04; 09-18-2020, 08:51 PM. Reason: Aesthetics
Working...
X