Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Wartune platforms Lawsuit against 7 Road in Texas court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guess the us courts have no power over wartune truth be known.....working fine here,despite r2 best efforts to censor/ruin the game

Comment

Originally posted by labsup View Post

To be fair game has been damaged by developer's deeds, not by the platforms, trying to protect their legal rights, in a court of law. Developer shot itself in the foot, so to speak. If platforms win, which looks like, developer will have to compensate the platforms for the business loss and there is also a criminal string attached to the case. Even if developer wont continue to provide the game to platforms, which makes no business sense, should be obviously forbidden to use the platforms stolen database and allowed only to start a new publishing site of their game, separate of hundreds of servers build by R2 and other platforms.
      If they want to legally transfer all servers of players, built in 8 years by the platforms, they should have / have to negotiate with them such transfer. Cannot just shut down the game on platforms and steal their years of work. That is what some of you don't get, even though you got no early notice from anyone, about the publishing contract going to end soon, or about a "legal" shifting of all platforms to a developer's cloned site. That could be the only way of shifting database, in a civilized world.
      From a business perspective I don't see why a Producer wouldn't want to Sell its own products in various Malls, where his products are sold already and where they have a large base of clients, meantime selling it in an own brand new Shop, building a new base of clients. Given that no court of law will ever allow them to steal from the Mall shops, their own built client database.
      A brand new product out of a factory only means costs. What transforms it into money and profit is a market where to sell it and buyers to pay for it. That's what the platforms did 8 years for the developer, even though I assume that business is not as good as before. If so then you have to sit and review your expectations based on answers you get. What is to be done to improve sales along your partners, in order to revitalize game. Maybe you need to reduce lag, or rewrite the game in html5, stimulate sales by reducing membership costs, offer more free stuff, launch better patches, etc, but breaking into your partners Shop, trying to sell the product yourself, from behind their counter, is certainly not an option.
      could of all been avoided if r2 and gh paid their year old bill perhaps?......all the quoting of malls etc means nothing if the developer hasnt paid its bills surely?,they had about a year to pay and didnt?.....r2 explain that one?

Comment

It is very difficult to get a state civil court order enforced in the state next to you nevermind a foreign country half way around the world that has trade sanctions and other areas of contention. And all the devs would have to do is move the operation to a small country that has no trade agreement with the US and operate just like the offshore gambling sites do.

Comment

any idea if or when wartune will come back ?

Comment

Originally posted by pepsihurton View Post

could of all been avoided if r2 and gh paid their year old bill perhaps?......all the quoting of malls etc means nothing if the developer hasnt paid its bills surely?,they had about a year to pay and didnt?.....r2 explain that one?
            Let's think about this logically for a moment.

The devs essentially claim they worked for free on the game for over a year. Is that really a believable statement for a game that earns millions? Would you work for free when another company is making at least million a year off your work? And we're not talking about past work that's just left up to be consumed, we're talking about work that's been done since - the patches, the maintenance updates, the bug fixes, and the "optimizations". I don't work for either company, so I don't know if the claim is in any way true. However, the devs do claim Wartune income on their quarterly income statements, specifically mentioning North America and Europe which is this version from these platforms, so are they lying to you by saying they didn't get paid, or are they defrauding investors by claiming they've gotten money they now say they didn't get?

Let's consider a lie the devs told you that you already know they told you. Add a layer of security to your account by putting your email address in a box, then verify it so they know it's a real address. Everyone thought it was a way to bind or re-bind their email address to their R2/GHW/etc account for some bound balens, meanwhile the devs told the publishers it was a bug meant for a different language version. In reality, the email address was put it in a database that another company owns, and is now on their marketing mailing list, which their privacy policy says they do share, all without telling you what they were actually using your information for, without showing you their privacy policy or terms of service, and without obtaining consent from you to collect your information in the manner in which they actually intended to use your information. Countries have laws about this, so I know I'm not the only one who sees an issue here.

I am not employee so I don't know what the real truth is, and I'm sure there's things we're not being told, but one side has clearly published more lies than the other side so far.
            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by pepsihurton View Post

R2 have no direct business with the developer, so if the general publisher assumingly didn't pay the developer, which we don't know if is true or not, then do you think developer got any right to break into a 3rd party's house or garage and steal the jewelries and the car? Why didn't the developer file a lawsuit to recover pending amounts, instead of breaking into platforms database and shutting down game without any sort of prior notice? Because they are some youngster programmers, with no legal experience and they don't know what they doing.
              If they didn't get payments when the platforms were running a solid base of clients, acquired in 8 years, do they expect to make a business out of this stun, which left all wartune players in the dark? Instead of sit and discuss ways to improve sales, do things the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                Let's think about this logically for a moment.

The devs essentially claim they worked for free on the game for over a year. Is that really a believable statement for a game that earns millions? Would you work for free when another company is making at least million a year off your work? And we're not talking about past work that's just left up to be consumed, we're talking about work that's been done since - the patches, the maintenance updates, the bug fixes, and the "optimizations". I don't work for either company, so I don't know if the claim is in any way true. However, the devs do claim Wartune income on their quarterly income statements, specifically mentioning North America and Europe which is this version from these platforms, so are they lying to you by saying they didn't get paid, or are they defrauding investors by claiming they've gotten money they now say they didn't get?

Let's consider a lie the devs told you that you already know they told you. Add a layer of security to your account by putting your email address in a box, then verify it so they know it's a real address. Everyone thought it was a way to bind or re-bind their email address to their R2/GHW/etc account for some bound balens, meanwhile the devs told the publishers it was a bug meant for a different language version. In reality, the email address was put it in a database that another company owns, and is now on their marketing mailing list, which their privacy policy says they do share, all without telling you what they were actually using your information for, without showing you their privacy policy or terms of service, and without obtaining consent from you to collect your information in the manner in which they actually intended to use your information. Countries have laws about this, so I know I'm not the only one who sees an issue here.

I am not employee so I don't know what the real truth is, and I'm sure there's things we're not being told, but one side has clearly published more lies than the other side so far.
                They also insisted for weeks with the change of internal password, used now to transfer accounts based on that.. Was annoying to me and didn't change it and now I realize they've planned this stun for quite a while, to the smallest detail. As soon as a court decision is in place, at least in Europe and North America, their core operation gonna be busted, that's 100%.

Comment

Blah Blah Blah....in the meantime we will continue playing...oh & fyi..the other side have posted a new message regarding the current situation maybe you should read it. At least look at both sides of the story & not be blinkered by loyalty to R2..
                  I'm not saying one side is right & the other is wrong but I'm a gamer whether it be playing on Epic, Steam, Origin etc I go where the games I want to play are. It's no different here...want to continue playing wartune then move...simples.

Comment

This legal battle has been going on since may after a notice to terminate contract was issued in march
                    https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%...RPAuRf8xWXYoAQ
                    Last edited by looneywartune; 10-31-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X