Wartune platforms Lawsuit against 7 Road in Texas court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartune platforms Lawsuit against 7 Road in Texas court

Good we waited. Things happened as I explained in an earlier post. Angry birds, urging peeps to move elsewhere, are now locked out of the cloned platform... They call it.. Maintenance, court calls it.. Restrained Order.

so us court now stopped a world wide game?.....guess r2 and game hollywood were desperate then......looks like they have finally killed the game......time to find something else to play,wonder how long till this gets removed by the thought police?

Comment

didnt stop wartune reborn

Comment

Originally posted by pepsihurton View Post
        so us court now stopped a world wide game?.....guess r2 and game hollywood were desperate then......looks like they have finally killed the game......time to find something else to play,wonder how long till this gets removed by the thought police?
        You can't operate an international game and expect to apply chinese gangwho law. They been warned that is gonna go to court and you guys too, who transferred your characters. Let's hope no characters gonna be lost.

Comment

This statement has been removed for being factually incorrect and misleading. Please do not discuss other platforms here.
          Last edited by MemoryLane; 10-20-2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

well it didnt stop things for long...game was back up last night apparently

Comment

if all the platforms do win against 7 roads then they can give the player base data back but not the actual game they are sole owners of it they will stop maintenance fixes rewards patches (new stuff) game will basically die

players will get bored they will move to either new games or move to 7 road to start their wartune history again

Comment

quite a few have already moved i think

Comment

Originally posted by R211185871 View Post
                  Yeah, a few, they can make a server out of hundreds.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by evilharry666 View Post
                      if all the platforms do win against 7 roads then they can give the player base data back but not the actual game they are sole owners of it they will stop maintenance fixes rewards patches (new stuff) game will basically die

players will get bored they will move to either new games or move to 7 road to start their wartune history again
                      To be fair game has been damaged by developer's deeds, not by the platforms, trying to protect their legal rights, in a court of law. Developer shot itself in the foot, so to speak. If platforms win, which looks like, developer will have to compensate the platforms for the business loss and there is also a criminal string attached to the case. Even if developer wont continue to provide the game to platforms, which makes no business sense, should be obviously forbidden to use the platforms stolen database and allowed only to start a new publishing site of their game, separate of hundreds of servers build by R2 and other platforms.
                      If they want to legally transfer all servers of players, built in 8 years by the platforms, they should have / have to negotiate with them such transfer. Cannot just shut down the game on platforms and steal their years of work. That is what some of you don't get, even though you got no early notice from anyone, about the publishing contract going to end soon, or about a "legal" shifting of all platforms to a developer's cloned site. That could be the only way of shifting database, in a civilized world.
                      From a business perspective I don't see why a Producer wouldn't want to Sell its own products in various Malls, where his products are sold already and where they have a large base of clients, meantime selling it in an own brand new Shop, building a new base of clients. Given that no court of law will ever allow them to steal from the Mall shops, their own built client database.
                      A brand new product out of a factory only means costs. What transforms it into money and profit is a market where to sell it and buyers to pay for it. That's what the platforms did 8 years for the developer, even though I assume that business is not as good as before. If so then you have to sit and review your expectations based on answers you get. What is to be done to improve sales along your partners, in order to revitalize game. Maybe you need to reduce lag, or rewrite the game in html5, stimulate sales by reducing membership costs, offer more free stuff, launch better patches, etc, but breaking into your partners Shop, trying to sell the product yourself, from behind their counter, is certainly not an option.

Comment

Someone explain to me why this lawsuit was filed in a Texas state district court that only has jurisdiction inside the state of Texas. As these are international companies sure seems like federal court would be a lot better place to file this. At least in federal court the judgement of the lawsuit could be enforced nation wide instead of just in the state of texas. According to the lawsuit the U.S. server is located in Dallas Tx. but all that has to be done is to move the server outside the courts jurisdiction and the injunction is null and void. Memorylane I believe I followed the rules with this.

Comment

Originally posted by dave View Post
                          Someone explain to me why this lawsuit was filed in a Texas state district court that only has jurisdiction inside the state of Texas.
                          According to https://www.uscourts.gov/about-feder...l-state-courts it's the proper venue for such a suit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	2015029

New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Memorylane I will concede that at least on paper it is the proper venue, however I do not see any way a order of the state court could be enforced against either party as they are both chinese companies and the courts simply have no way to reach them in china. At best they might intercept some of the financials if the transaction went through a US bank.

Comment

Originally posted by dave View Post
                              Memorylane I will concede that at least on paper it is the proper venue, however I do not see any way a order of the state court could be enforced against either party as they are both chinese companies and the courts simply have no way to reach them in china. At best they might intercept some of the financials if the transaction went through a US bank.
                              A US court order is recognized in most countries, which means that a Chinese company can either comply with or restrain business to China and a few poor countries. In case of a sentence in a criminal case is also issued an international warrant.

Comment

Working...
                              X