Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Block heal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
    I am not trying to start an argument, but this point is absolutely incorrect.

There are currently no archers that crit 100% of the time. We are led to believe that the maximum crit is 90%, so 100% crit rate against you is impossible.

So I suggest that if your going to make an argument to try and get our block/heal fixed, then don't just make up evidence as you feel fit. It may feel like some archers crit all the time, but maybe it is you that is ONLY noticing the big red damage figures that go with crit hits.
    well you know the archers multi shot skills does say crit rate +100% and on top of that any extra crit stat adding to the 100%(i think) so surely the chance theoretically would be over 100% and the guardian astral only reduces crit rate by 50% so what he said might be true. well tbh you see players like thethrell and its extremely rare to see them not crit. ps i forgot they also have eye of the eagle increasing their crit rate by 20%
    Moistify!

Comment

I am not trying to start an argument, but this point is absolutely incorrect.

There are currently no archers that crit 100% of the time. We are led to believe that the maximum crit is 90%, so 100% crit rate against you is impossible.

So I suggest that if your going to make an argument to try and get our block/heal fixed, then don't just make up evidence as you feel fit. It may feel like some archers crit all the time, but maybe it is you that is ONLY noticing the big red damage figures that go with crit hits.
      Well of course you Wonderful Person there must be an error bar that goes with the 100%. When I did the test I used Guardian angel in solo arena against what was then one of the best archers on our server. Of 3 duels every single shot was a crit strike. This was not just me noticing the crit hits as I was specifically testing the effectiveness of Guardian angel. I came to the conclusion that it was a waste of a slot and that archer MUST have greater than 100% chance to crit. Not sure how many strikes but I would imagine 10 per duel would be in the right ball park. Dont know what or who led you yo believe 90% was some sort of max but this is likely ****. How likely? Will crit of not crit is a Bernouilli process and n trials is governed by a binomial distribution. If 90% was correct, the chance of 30 strikes being critical is 4%. Bear in mind that I had an astral in that reduced the chance of critical by 50%
      Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 08-26-2014, 03:24 PM. Reason: Language

Comment

how much critical stat was he carrying and what was your EGA level, just curious.
        Originally posted by muzza40 View Post
        Well of course you Lovely Person there must be an error bar that goes with the 100%. When I did the test I used Guardian angel in solo arena against what was then one of the best archers on our server. Of 3 duels every single shot was a crit strike. This was not just me noticing the crit hits as I was specifically testing the effectiveness of Guardian angel. I came to the conclusion that it was a waste of a slot and that archer MUST have greater than 100% chance to crit. Not sure how many strikes but I would imagine 10 per duel would be in the right ball park. Dont know what or who led you yo believe 90% was some sort of max but this is likely ****. How likely? Will crit of not crit is a Bernouilli process and n trials is governed by a binomial distribution. If 90% was correct, the chance of 30 strikes being critical is 4%. Bear in mind that I had an astral in that reduced the chance of critical by 50%
        Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 08-26-2014, 03:24 PM.
        Sarcasm Intended

Comment

Well of course you Lovely Personthere must be an error bar that goes with the 100%. When I did the test I used Guardian angel in solo arena against what was then one of the best archers on our server. Of 3 duels every single shot was a crit strike. This was not just me noticing the crit hits as I was specifically testing the effectiveness of Guardian angel. I came to the conclusion that it was a waste of a slot and that archer MUST have greater than 100% chance to crit. Not sure how many strikes but I would imagine 10 per duel would be in the right ball park. Dont know what or who led you yo believe 90% was some sort of max but this is likely ****. How likely? Will crit of not crit is a Bernouilli process and n trials is governed by a binomial distribution. If 90% was correct, the chance of 30 strikes being critical is 4%. Bear in mind that I had an astral in that reduced the chance of critical by 50%
          I am an Lovely PersonLOL.

I am not the one who has used 3 fights to calculate an outcome.

Edit: removed some incorrect info
          Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 08-26-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 696969- View Post
            well you know the archers multi shot skills does say crit rate +100% and on top of that any extra crit stat adding to the 100%(i think) so surely the chance theoretically would be over 100% and the guardian astral only reduces crit rate by 50% so what he said might be true. well tbh you see players like thethrell and its extremely rare to see them not crit. ps i forgot they also have eye of the eagle increasing their crit rate by 20%
            Multi strike +100% only refers to the multi shot. Not a stackable bonus when firing other skills.

Now let me give you something to think about.

I fought against Zebq a few times in arena and BG with his crit rate well over 10,000. More recently I have been killed by Alci with 14,000+ crit rate. Neither of them acheived 100% crit rate against me.

SO WHAT IS THIS MAGICAL NUMBER THAT GUARANTEES 100% CRIT RATE. Muzza feel free to answer this also if you can.

Edit: more incorrect info removed
            Last edited by Billy_McF; 08-26-2014, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Ummm. I block crits all the time. I see red crit numbers, with green block heal underneath. Overall I still lose hp, just not as much.
              Server: Armor S6
              IGN: Xanthralla
              Guild: Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by jbyram2 View Post
                Ummm. I block crits all the time. I see red crit numbers, with green block heal underneath. Overall I still lose hp, just not as much.
                I stand corrected then. I have never seen a crit block/healed, but that does not make it impossible

Maybe I will have to test it with archer using only multi strike which is a guaranteed crit.

Edit: Tested and yes I heal on crit
                Last edited by Billy_McF; 08-26-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

in regards to knights being nerfed

I myself am a knight, and i will agree with jezzabel on her 2nd post in the thread. Nerfing mages would be obserd. Reason being is who else would we have to heal in MPs such as spire? Its an inarguable fact that people are upset about the recent nerf. but lets be honest, being a knight im a little upset that archers incendiary shot got nerfed to a single target. I think this game has had its fair share of nerfs all the way around the board. an hell, if u want healing put an Iris on

Comment

So as a % its 6%. All I am asking for is the promised 4%. And if not - cap all players accordingly
                    Suntoria and Block Heal are 2 totally different things.

1. To use suntoria mage has to have it equipped, use 30 rage and don't deal any damage or gather rage for 1 turn. Suntoria is active skill, Block heal is passive.
                    2. Suntoria may be affected by Chaos Rune or Hades'/Aegis' Chaos-like passive.
                    3. Suntoria works for 7 turns, while block may actually work for 10-20 or 10000 turns.

Taking into account that mage gets +18 rage at most with LB, knight gets 25 rage at most and that Suntoria is an active skill, your argument would be valid if block heal was an active skill as well, restored let's say even 6% HP as well (knights' got the highest amount of HP, so healing with it not even every turn would give them at least same amount as mages get) for 7 turns and would cost 38 rage*.

*Suntoria costs 30 rage and mage gets max 36 rage in 2 turns = 30/36 = 0.8(3).
                    Knights get 45 rage at most in 2 turns - 0.8(3)*45 = 37.5 ~= 38 rage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezzabel View Post
                      The amount of HP that is restored by suntoria is determined by the players hp. My hp is currently 116k so I usually get 6k or 7k back each suntoria round. Some of the players I run with get 10k or better each suntoria round but their HP 200k or higher. So stop trying to mess things up for us Mages. We have enough issues.
                      , you have enough issues ? haha your suntoria should be nerfed , since they did the same for knights so atleast we got a chance to kill you Mages !
                      "Keep having fun , d'ont let negative pepole drug you down ! "

Comment

Multi strike +100% only refers to the multi shot. Not a stackable bonus when firing other skills.

Now let me give you something to think about.

I fought against Zebq a few times in arena and BG with his crit rate well over 10,000. More recently I have been killed by Alci with 14,000+ crit rate. Neither of them acheived 100% crit rate against me.

SO WHAT IS THIS MAGICAL NUMBER THAT GUARANTEES 100% CRIT RATE. Muzza feel free to answer this also if you can.

Edit: more incorrect info removed
                        Well this is a good question. I believe that crit stat is not all that matters - I have noticed my own crit rate dropping as my BR has risen so I believe it is tied to BR. I also believe that crit rates have been changed in the latest patches - mine tanked considerably with the latest 3.0 patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Soloran View Post
                          I myself am a knight, and i will agree with jezzabel on her 2nd post in the thread. Nerfing mages would be obserd. Reason being is who else would we have to heal in MPs such as spire? Its an inarguable fact that people are upset about the recent nerf. but lets be honest, being a knight im a little upset that archers incendiary shot got nerfed to a single target. I think this game has had its fair share of nerfs all the way around the board. an hell, if u want healing put an Iris on
                          I very rarely run with Mages in spire. We always do better without Mages unless it is a very high level mage. Run two with an iris and two with gaias for best spire. Healing in spire is not all that helpful (if at all). It certainly isnt needed until the last (or second last) boss you normally gt too. And for the last boss you pass it needs to be damage all the way or your dead with the 1000% buff.

Comment

Originally posted by Soloran View Post
                            In all honesty, I dont care all that much about the Mages healing. My biggest beef with the nerfing of block heal is that it undermines significantly the entire build. To capitalize on Block heal you needed to up block rate, a ramp up HP. This means refining gear for block, gems, and not to mention the skill tree. Given that refinement crystals come at a rate of about 2/day and you need 18 for ONE refine, it is a little rank.

Comment

Working...
                            X