No announcement yet.

Knights - Mars Will - please explain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't get the part with area attacks.

Without buff:

Players 1-4 get 100% damage that would be dealt to them.

With buff:

Player 1 gets 25% of own damage and 25% of damage that would be dealt to every other player (about the same in the end).

It looks like it doesn't work like that. How does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
      I still don't get the part with area attacks.

Without buff:

Players 1-4 get 100% damage that would be dealt to them.

With buff:

Player 1 gets 25% of own damage and 25% of damage that would be dealt to every other player (about the same in the end).

It looks like it doesn't work like that. How does it work?
      all players get only 25% of the original dmg, as if only 1 player would get hit with the aoe damage and that damage gets split. its most likely a bug but also the only reason to use that skill.
      also im not sure if its really 25% or how they calculate it but at least its much lower.
      Last edited by Setsuna88; 08-25-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
        You "share" damage/heals not "decrease yours to increase theirs" anyways I haven't used it on heal yet so dunno, but your scenario seems a bit off.
        My scenario is not a bit off.

1. Everyone is supposed to be healed with 100k hp of BL
        2. Knight used Mars Will.
        3. His heal got splitted to 25k, so he only healed 25k hp, while the others got 25k hp heal.
        4. Other team members got a total individual heal of 100k + 25k = 125k

And if Setsuna thinks that the shared damage is lower, then there is a possibilty that damage reduction applies after Mars will takes into effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
          My scenario is not a bit off.

1. Everyone is supposed to be healed with 100k hp of BL
          2. Knight used Mars Will.
          3. His heal got splitted to 25k, so he only healed 25k hp, while the others got 25k hp heal.
          4. Other team members got a total individual heal of 100k + 25k = 125k

And if Setsuna thinks that the shared damage is lower, then there is a possibilty that damage reduction applies after Mars will takes into effect.
          thats not how it works. mars will works same for your whole group so not only the knight's dmg/heal gets split. for groupskills you would expect that everyone's damage gets split and shared by the others so that in the end it makes no difference. but thats not how it works currently. its like only the damage of 1 party member gets split and the rest is ignored, which is why area attacks do much less damage when the buff is active. all who tried the skill at wb for his ultimate can confirm this.

Comment

that skill is bugged it suppose to share the damage/heal to party but instead only knight shares it.....
            R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

IGN : Illyasviel
            Class : Archer
            Guild : •OneŽ•
            LvL : 80
            Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
            BR : over 9000!!!

Comment

So, as I understand it: for heals knight distributes his heal to party members (which is cool because knights are the tankiest and heal best); for damage knight distributes damage to others, and others somehow don't get additional damage by being hit themselves by the same spell?

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                So, as I understand it: for heals knight distributes his heal to party members (which is cool because knights are the tankiest and heal best); for damage knight distributes damage to others, and others somehow don't get additional damage by being hit themselves by the same spell?
                knight gets spell, group(4) got hit by aoe, knight gets only 25% of that aoe and others get 100% + 25% from knight.
                R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

Comment

Originally posted by icesz View Post
                  knight gets spell, group(4) got hit by aoe, knight gets only 25% of that aoe and others get 100% + 25% from knight.
                  eh.. not for me. when i use it my whole party gets only 25% dmg/heal of aoe skills. best is you try the skill and see yourself

edit: for damage skills each members own defense matters, so when u try this with your troops all will get only 33% of the damage but still your troops will take higher damage because of their much lower def
                  Last edited by Setsuna88; 08-26-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

suppose the other team got 4 aoe sylphs ready with thier delphics, and mars is in effect, i wonder what will happen.
                    from what i know, it splits the dmg from every team member n no one will live :P
                    edit: i dont know yet , just making a guess
                    S371/Zetsuen.
                    Honor: GDK
                    KNIGHT ☣

Comment

Originally posted by redav View Post
                      suppose the other team got 4 aoe sylphs ready with thier delphics, and mars is in effect, i wonder what will happen.
                      from what i know, it splits the dmg from every team member n no one will live :P
                      edit: i dont know yet , just making a guess
                      This is the best time to use mars' will. With a team of 4, and the other team about to send 4 aoe sylph delphics at you, each attack is divided as though it was targeted at one person, and the damage % was divided across all members of the team. So an athena delphic (340% damage) hits a team with mars' will active. All players only suffer an 80% attack. If hit by a Hercules delphic (470%), instead of one player taking the full hit, all players take it as a 118% hit. There is NO additional damage sharing. No one takes X% of the damage someone else takes, you just get hit by the attack at the attacker's strength, but much reduced multiplier. The same logic applies to group heals.
                      I've won several arena matches in exactly that way, surviving the massive delphics from someone with an orange athena.
                      NB: for everyone saying that knights got badly nerfed in this update, MW is now one of the most important arena skills in the game.

What I haven't been able to figure out yet is what happens when some of the team is buffed but others are not. For aoes, the damage is still reduced for the buffed players, but not for the unbuffed (unsurprisingly), but it's hard to tell if the buffed players get credit for the unbuffed ones when the damage split is calculated. Could go either way.

Comment

Yeah thats how is it supposed to work, maybe its bugged tho.

Comment

Originally posted by deucela View Post
                          Yeah thats how is it supposed to work, maybe its bugged tho.
                          thats not how it is supposed to work. makes no sense, knight is the tank class why should we redirect the damage we take to others? its most likely a bug that causes aoe damage and heals to get lowered so much, but thats also what makes the skill interesting.

Comment

It is bugged, if u use it on wb it count as 66.33% damage reduce skill

Comment

It is bugged, if u use it on wb it count as 66.33% damage reduce skill
                              i like how people say it is bugged when no one knows how it is supposed to work
                              THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Blessed light with mars will on = 10-14k per member
                                Blessed light without = 50-100k (crit) per member

Comment

Working...
                                X