Knights - Mars Will - please explain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knights - Mars Will - please explain

I would like to know how Mars Will actually works. As it reads it sounds really stupid. The interpretation I would take from the description is that damage dealt to the team is averaged over all players. This is ok for a single strike (maybe). But for a gaia strike it seems to me it makes gaia a deadly AOE since gaia can crit hit iris users for 200k+ easy. So any delphic hits are turned into AOE. For AOE strikes I guess it makes the strike more deadly for some and less deadly for others but over all it would appear pretty much even - hardly worth the rage or skill slot loss. On this last point I would have to ask - isnt apollo shield better in every single instance one can come up with. What am I missing here?

Yes apolo shield is better then Mars will. Mars will only good when you do Wilds, dragon invasion, spire, and mpd (Can't remember any other place). Because for arena there are many monsters and For me to activate Mars will at that time is a bad decision, since you take all your team mate together to hell lol
    IGN: Kittylation
    Server: Miniclip
    Br: Never Fixed

Comment

i have yet to meet a gaia that has hit me for over 100k damage on a crit
      IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
      Class: Archer
      Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
      Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Apollo shield can be debuffed.
        A 200k crit delph of gaia or herc will be only 50k damage to each member, which can be easily healed back with BL or Rain Dance.
        A 400k crit delph of gaia or herc will be only 100k damage to each member, and well, I assume that a advance class player generally have more than 200k hp. Plus, 400k crit delph is a rare case damage for an advance class team, or I am wrong?
        A good teamwork will (planned timing), will make Mar's will a good skill.

Comment

If you are strong enough mars will right before last hit in wb will allow you to survive last hit and go for a total of 2 last hits before dying. If you are strong enough, on full inspiration, and can manage your rage it will allow you to never die during wb. The overall money isn't much higher vs. just surviving a single wb last hit though imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
            i have yet to meet a gaia that has hit me for over 100k damage on a crit
            I think I am yet to find anyone that doesnt take 100k+ damage if my gaia delphic crits. Exception is a shielded knight maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by muzza40 View Post
              I would like to know how Mars Will actually works. As it reads it sounds really stupid. The interpretation I would take from the description is that damage dealt to the team is averaged over all players. This is ok for a single strike (maybe). But for a gaia strike it seems to me it makes gaia a deadly AOE since gaia can crit hit iris users for 200k+ easy. So any delphic hits are turned into AOE. For AOE strikes I guess it makes the strike more deadly for some and less deadly for others but over all it would appear pretty much even - hardly worth the rage or skill slot loss. On this last point I would have to ask - isnt apollo shield better in every single instance one can come up with. What am I missing here?
              You did not get the skill at all, if gaia is hitting 200k to a person in a team of 4, then the damage would be shared equally among all the individuals, it means 50k to each of them. It's a pretty badass skill and i like it very much

Comment

Originally posted by muzza40 View Post
                When u have BR around 190-200k, try mars will on WB.

Comment

Originally posted by R28859033 View Post
                  When u have BR around 190-200k, try mars will on WB.
                  My herc hits weaker players upto 650k most I've seen is 750k but only once .
                  Precision----S3 Worgs Lair

Precisia----
                  s371 Harmony

Comment

mars will is most effective against area damage because it lowers their dmg to 1/4 (with 4 teammembers). i find it really useful in group arena because most players spam their aoes. you just have to use it at the right time because it also lowers your own team's groupheals. against single target attacks it can be good or bad depending on the situation.
                    my team beats the lvl 80 hades boss in wilds mostly thanks to this skill (prevents us from getting killed by the delphic when he has a little under 1hp bar left)

Comment

It is probably the only useful skill among advanced active skills. It can be both good and bad. Bad is what OP is stating or using it when team is low on HP. Good is what kattukk said. It all depends on when and how you use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
                        mars will is most effective against area damage because it lowers their dmg to 1/4 (with 4 teammembers). i find it really useful in group arena because most players spam their aoes. you just have to use it at the right time because it also lowers your own team's groupheals. against single target attacks it can be good or bad depending on the situation.
                        my team beats the lvl 80 hades boss in wilds mostly thanks to this skill (prevents us from getting killed by the delphic when he has a little under 1hp bar left)
                        Scenario:
                        1. Blessed Light heals 100k hp to all.
                        2. You use Mar's Will
                        3. The knight's heal becomes 25k hp, while the others get 125k hp heal.

How come it lowers your own team's groupheals? Or maybe you mean it lowers the amount of heal the knight receives?

Another question:
                        Does damage reduction apply after the Mars will takes effect? Like you know, if the single damage is 200k, then used Mars will, everyone will get 50k, then damage reduction applies, so everyone will just receive less than 50k damage (which depends on the defense of the teammates)? Is this how that skill works?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                          Scenario:
                          1. Blessed Light heals 100k hp to all.
                          2. You use Mar's Will
                          3. The knight's heal becomes 25k hp, while the others get 125k hp heal.

How come it lowers your own team's groupheals? Or maybe you mean it lowers the amount of heal the knight receives?

Another question:
                          Does damage reduction apply after the Mars will takes effect? Like you know, if the single damage is 200k, then used Mars will, everyone will get 50k, then damage reduction applies, so everyone will just receive less than 50k damage (which depends on the defense of the teammates)? Is this how that skill works?
                          You "share" damage/heals not "decrease yours to increase theirs" anyways I haven't used it on heal yet so dunno, but your scenario seems a bit off.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand (I'm not a knight). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Assuming you have two knights (one of which cast the spell) and two mages with exact same defs (just MDEF instead of PDEF). When a RoF hits the team, knights will take less damage than they usually would (but mages will take more). When a Lunatic hits the team, mages will take less damage than they usually would (but knights will take more). When a Thunder Wave hits the team, everyone will take equal damage, so if it hits a knight this damage will be significantly higher than if it hits a mage. If everyone is on low hp, single target big hits could kill everyone. When healing a knight with a crit resto the whole team should heal for a bunch, right?

The only way I see this is better than without the buff is to counter skills like AP and Ultimate Slasher and lucky hits on weaker targets. In short, to get the whole party to live to the sylph awakening, when apollos shield becomes better.

1. In a balanced team like the one mentioned above, area spells still deal the same amount of total damage with and without the buff.
                            2. This doesn't help against the world boss at all because you get the insane damage your troops get.
                            3. This doesn't help in the Dragon Invasion because it can't stop instakill spells.
                            4. It helps in a situation where one or two targets consistently take more damage than they can sustain.
                            5. It helps in a situation where random tough single target hits are expected.
                            6. It uses overheals to heal still wounded party members, but also overkills to damage surviving party members.

Q: How does it work with Suntoria and various bleeds (DoTs)?

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                              I'm not sure I understand (I'm not a knight). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Q: How does it work with Suntoria and various bleeds (DoTs)?
                              Having tested it, it's much, much more powerful than it sounds. Any attack that hits a MW-buffed player will be split over the entire team, and the damage divided by the number of players on the team still standing. This is good against a Hercules delphic, since no one player gets hit very hard, but it's amazing against an Athena/Aegis delphic, since the damage is cut by 75% if the full arena team is still alive.

The damage received by any player is based on that players OWN defense, it doesn't matter who gets hit, so you don't need to worry about taking way more damage when your templars are hit.

It will divide heals in the same way as attacks, though, so BL/RD will only heal your team for 1/4 of normal. Best use is to wait for the heal, cast mars' will, then shrug off the group delphics from the other team.

So, vs. single-target attacks, it's good but not great, since the attack is still doing similar total damage to the team. Vs. AOE attacks, extremely powerful - almost trivial to survive the WB final attack when it's cut by 66% plus another 25% if you block.

It does nothing with status effects (suntoria) or bleeds, as far as I can tell. It might be interesting to use with restoration, if the damage reducing buff is applied to everyone. Haven't tested that yet, but I expect it could work. Likewise, something like poison arrow might hit the whole team with the full bleed.

Comment

Working...
                              X