Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Has Block for non-Knight lost its value for level 80 characters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for PvP maybe block lost it's shine(due to penetration), but it's still awesome on PvE.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

In PVP, block is/was always random no matter what amount you have from my own experience, before and after the patch. You could have 8-10k block value and other players,
      especially mages/archers with only 3-5k block value block much more than you in PVP and not they added Penetration, which will make block even more random.
      While critical is being boosted and nothing can really reduce the chance or the damage ( yes, I use the guardian astral and its more than 50% now and it feels like its 10-20%).
      Therefore, block has become debuffed while critical has been boosted even more, making archers and mages a bit stronger and knights weaker, especially with the new
      crappy advanced skills.

So, if you have a very high value in block and you don't block as much as you think you should or less than people who have 3-5k less block than you, i'd switch to critical
      and other gems like pdef or mdef
      Last edited by Ruskii; 08-31-2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot*Shot View Post
        Sadly. been 4 days already, unlocked advance class, my mage friend will get it today, and others will still take 10 days maybe.
        Tbh man, I hope you're not waiting for your party for the 10ish days. The rewards from DI are too good to skip it for 10 days, if you are skipping it, just go with another party then rejoin when your original party is ready. Just my opinion though

Comment

Originally posted by UesugiAnkit View Post
          Tbh man, I hope you're not waiting for your party for the 10ish days. The rewards from DI are too good to skip it for 10 days, if you are skipping it, just go with another party then rejoin when your original party is ready. Just my opinion though
          Yeah definitely + 1

Your team isn't there to hold you back, its to progress in game together, if they don't understand you doing it with someone else for a few days while they work on advancing that says a lot about them.

Comment

Block has always been useful for any class and still is.
            The only difference for knights is that now it's not as useful as it used to be.

With 9.5k crit, I wear Guardian Angel lvl. 8 and crit heal often enough (although, when my crit was ~6k I didn't use GA at all, because I could very rarely crit heal myself).
            The reason I started wearing GA is that archers' crit rate on me was like 99%.
            With the new astral slots unlocked, I added Enshieldment to my astral set and my survivability grew significantly.

Comment

Working...
            X