Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Block for non-Knight lost its value for level 80 characters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Block for non-Knight lost its value for level 80 characters?

Now we have a value that "decreases opponent's chance to parry". I am assuming this is a feature of Holy Cast or an astral? (Sadly I have yet to complete class advancement.) Anyway given this, does this mean that Block will gradually become less and less valuable as a stat?

I'm running 8 Block gems at the moment and am starting to consider if this is wrong.

Opinions?

penetration = decreases opponent's chance to parry, holy cast is totally different things

and yes with penetration it totally kills the one with semi-block build, so either you go full block, or give up block for PvP (as no penetration for PvE aspect)

still now I am using full block set, 9700-9800 block (title varies)
    SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
    IGN: Kimwong
    CLASS: Knight
    PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
    BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
    Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Then again you are a knight so... I can't see it's become useless for that class.

My Block value is around 5.5k.

I'm sort of wondering what a decent astral setup of 10 would be for a mage with no block. MATK, Pisces, Determination and Crit I feel are locks. As of right now I run Enshieldment, MDEF/PDEF, Regeneration, Illusion and Goddess. What would Enshieldment go for? Deflection?

How bad/good is EWD really? I can't use Guardian Angel when I am crit since it kills my crit heals and with close to 9k crit those are a big boon...

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
        Then again you are a knight so... I can't see it's become useless for that class.

My Block value is around 5.5k.

I'm sort of wondering what a decent astral setup of 10 would be for a mage with no block. MATK, Pisces, Determination and Crit I feel are locks. As of right now I run Enshieldment, MDEF/PDEF, Regeneration, Illusion and Goddess. What would Enshieldment go for? Deflection?

How bad/good is EWD really? I can't use Guardian Angel when I am crit since it kills my crit heals and with close to 9k crit those are a big boon...
        don't know why you still think knight has obvious advantage for block build

we don't have +block stat bonus passive, only had a 3000 HP recover passive, it doesn't make any difference for 80's

EWD, only good for PvP, for PvE surely much much worse than crit

Comment

Just to note, you still block even if you strip to 0 block without IC+ medallion
          (although very rare). I don't see any other way but to go block.
          [morfinnor]
          Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Well... First of all yes Kim, I hadn't considered it lately and you're right about the knights.

My main "ho-hum" was simply if I should convert my Block gems to PDEF/MDEF gems or leave them be...

Does penetration lower your block value by its own value? Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
              don't know why you still think knight has obvious advantage for block build

we don't have +block stat bonus passive, only had a 3000 HP recover passive, it doesn't make any difference for 80's

EWD, only good for PvP, for PvE surely much much worse than crit
              Knight's talent Persistence is one advantage of knight using block. And it procs fairly well.
              Level 10 returns 55% blocked damage, and if the enemy hits you with a delph 200k, he could be killed back with more thsn 100k.

And if you blocked 5 hits of enemy's troops before you kill them, then that is already a 15k heal.
              Block again another 5 hits from the enemy until the fight finishes is another 15k.
              That is 30k hp, which is a 10% extra hp to the knight if he has 300k hp.

Knights will still and continue having advantage at using block.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                Knight's talent Persistence is one advantage of knight using block. And it procs fairly well.
                Level 10 returns 55% blocked damage, and if the enemy hits you with a delph 200k, he could be killed back with more thsn 100k.

And if you blocked 5 hits of enemy's troops before you kill them, then that is already a 15k heal.
                Block again another 5 hits from the enemy until the fight finishes is another 15k.
                That is 30k hp, which is a 10% extra hp to the knight if he has 300k hp.

Knights will still and continue having advantage at using block.
                OBVIOUS I mean

Persistence? proc rate like 5%?
                15k heal? one sylph skill alr takes me 50K+ away
                300k hp? if I have 300K HP I should be able to kill the opponent fast, no need these 30K heal

advantage, yes we have, but no obvious

Comment

i was wondering, what are the rewards for dragon invasion?, apparently i have unlocked it way before, but still cant enter till my team, unlocks it too.
                  Sarcasm Intended

Comment

Originally posted by Hot*Shot View Post
                    i was wondering, what are the rewards for dragon invasion?, apparently i have unlocked it way before, but still cant enter till my team, unlocks it too.
                    you need advance 80 for DI

reward are mount hoof,whip,dragon essence,gold (not yet see other reward)

Comment

you need advance 80 for DI

reward are mount hoof,whip,dragon essence,gold (not yet see other reward)
                      i got advance class, i need party lol. nice rewards, anyways.
                      Sarcasm Intended

Comment

Originally posted by Hot*Shot View Post
                        i got advance class, i need party lol. nice rewards, anyways.
                        all party members need adv 80, not just party leader

Comment

all party members need adv 80, not just party leader
                          Sadly. been 4 days already, unlocked advance class, my mage friend will get it today, and others will still take 10 days maybe.
                          Sarcasm Intended

Comment

OBVIOUS I mean

Persistence? proc rate like 5%?
                            15k heal? one sylph skill alr takes me 50K+ away
                            300k hp? if I have 300K HP I should be able to kill the opponent fast, no need these 30K heal

advantage, yes we have, but no obvious
                            Wartune is like that - not obvious,
                            Just like those stats from titles which gives very little stat, but when they stack together, they make you powerful.
                            A total 30k hp heal from blocking (10 hits) is an 10% additional hp to a 300k hp knight. It is like having an extra passive advance skill of knights.
                            And since block heal procs first before you take the damage, you could be saved from a last hit with little hp left and change the tide of the battle.

Persistence procs fairly well. I would say it is about 40%. And it stacks with Deflection astral. But I am not sure if the damage also increaes with the timer.

Comment

I'd say block just becomes more valuable over time, for any class. Adding more pdef or mdef will only reduce damage by a fixed number, but when you block, it reduces by 25% (or 30%, never really checked exactly how much it reduces). The stronger you get, the bigger the hits become, to the point where more pdef/mdef is almost trivial.
                              There is an upper limit to how much block can be useful, so there's no reason to automatically convert all your gems to block, but it's still more useful for strong players.

And Persistence doesn't proc at 40%, I don't think. It seems to hit more often than my deflection astral, so easily more than 10%, but I doubt it's higher than 20, maybe 25%.

Comment

Working...
                              X