Crit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crit

Will someone please explain crit to me, why at 10.5k crit i miss 3 in a row.

With 11385 CRIT stat, I went 38 for 54 on the most recent world boss. This is about a 70% crit. hit rate. I went 6 for 6 once, and the worst was 3 for 6 a few times, and I do recall 3 normal hits in a row once.

My guess is the function is non-linear, contains many variables (like damage), and is asymptotic past a certain point (aka "diminishing returns"). I doubt anyone will ever know for sure how CRIT works, and it certainly is not in the interests of the game designers to publish this information. They can also change the math at any time, and we would never be able to tell for sure.

Happy gaming (or unhappy, as the case may be: I personally think a 70% chance to do about double damage is super, esp. with pet delphics being so good)
    Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Originally posted by ecla2 View Post
      With 11385 CRIT stat, I went 38 for 54 on the most recent world boss. This is about a 70% crit. hit rate. I went 6 for 6 once, and the worst was 3 for 6 a few times, and I do recall 3 normal hits in a row once.

My guess is the function is non-linear, contains many variables (like damage), and is asymptotic past a certain point (aka "diminishing returns"). I doubt anyone will ever know for sure how CRIT works, and it certainly is not in the interests of the game designers to publish this information. They can also change the math at any time, and we would never be able to tell for sure.

Happy gaming (or unhappy, as the case may be: I personally think a 70% chance to do about double damage is super, esp. with pet delphics being so good)
      I had gone by what the wiki said until i had reached about 8k crit and then i realized that their math and my crit rate didnt match. So now im assuming they (r2) changed the system, randomly googled an algoithm and used it so they Probably dont know how crit works, or its similar to what you said.

Comment

11900 Critical and ***** like a ****
        well TBH i'm gona go EWD soon in a week !.
        **** Crtical !!
        Last edited by Greenfireflygirl; 09-06-2014, 08:51 PM.
        I'm Cupcaked ! My Account got hacked and some cupcaker sold every thing. Blah !!!
        and R2 Not helping with restoring the account. Sweet, This is what i put tons of money here .

Comment

14.5k crit and I still don't hit anywhere near 100% crit, doubt that you'll ever have a crit rate thats consistent, but thats just my opinion.

Comment

there is a constant which makes you will never make 100% crit rate

and 10.5K crit rate, I won't say it is very high against player as there is an astral called guardian angel
            SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
            IGN: Kimwong
            CLASS: Knight
            PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
            BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
            Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

11.5k crit.
              Last World Boss, I crit with Thunderer like 3-4 times out of 20+ overall.
              Similar stats the WB before.

My crit rate on WB lately is worse than fighting others in BG.
              When I had 4-8k crit, I had the best WB rounds (crit-wise).

Comment

Got 9k crit and i am 74 157k br and it works very very bad during wb but on the other hand its good for bg and arena idk how.. :P
                Name: Executioner
                Class: Critical Knight
                Sylph: Hercules **
                Server: S42 (Kabam)
                Currently Battle Rate: 251K
                Guild: Paradox

Comment

12.4k crit with 159k br wb i crit about 70% of the time everywhere else pritty much 99%crit rate

Comment

Back when I was around 185k br I did an experiment shifting value between block and crit for pvp. I started at 8300 crit stat and shifted to 5k crit. Saw no reduction in my wb crit rate although I saw a noticeable reduction in nirv nm. For a long time now it's been my opinion that around 5k crit for wb is about as good as you are gonna get. I'm at 10.5k crit now and no difference. The difference is in everything other than wb.

Comment

To put it simply chuck norris couldn't debunk and figure out the accurate way to determine how crit works. More than likely r2 doesn't understand it either and just poked random numbers and formulas in.
                      S435 Witchlight bluffs
                      Valest [Guild: Valhalla] 212,000 BR Lv80-5.5 Imperial Dragon Knight (13k crit)
                      39k BR *Hercules

Comment

Each boss has a critical hit hard cap based on the bosses individual BR. This BR number is not listed except for wilds bosses. However what is known is that the cap is 70%. For example on some bosses, you may only need 6k crit to reach the soft cap of 70%. Other higher BR bosses, you may need 10k crit to reach the 70% cap. And still other higher BR bosses may require a crit of near 15k to reach the cap of 70%. You will never have a 100% chance to crit in this game. This is done in order that some classes / astrals are not considered too weak in comparison to other classes and astrals.

Comment

Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
                          Each boss has a critical hit hard cap based on the bosses individual BR. This BR number is not listed except for wilds bosses. However what is known is that the cap is 70%. For example on some bosses, you may only need 6k crit to reach the soft cap of 70%. Other higher BR bosses, you may need 10k crit to reach the 70% cap. And still other higher BR bosses may require a crit of near 15k to reach the cap of 70%. You will never have a 100% chance to crit in this game. This is done in order that some classes / astrals are not considered too weak in comparison to other classes and astrals.
                          If true, this makes more sense than most of what I've read about crit on the forums. Do we have any numbers/experiments to back up this claim?
                          Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
                            The 70% is just a guess?

Sure thing is that we can never reach 100%, because it would be just plain stupid.
                            The BR-like comparison with bosses might be accurate, since that's how it works in PvP.

Comment

That would make sense...but I want a 100% crit rate anyways, lol. Sitting on 14.7k now and slyph crits seem to land maybe 2/3 of the time in pvp, but I think that has more to do with GA than anything...and slyph moves don't have a crit chance bonus like some archer skills do.

Comment

Working...
                              X