Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Dragon Invasion Nerfed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its random, when i used my att i got 3 , 4 and 5 dice, no 6. When i helped someone later on he got a 6 for all 5 boses, max rewards....Play backgammon and you'll see that it doesnt have to be rigged to throw such dices 5 times in a row, it can happen to throw 2 dice at once, 12-13 times in a row and nothing above 3...happened to me

Comment

You're all wounding my soul!

The Probability, per roll, in a 4d6 System dropping the lowest 3 are as follows:

Result 1, Frequency 1, Probability 0.1%
      Result 2, Frequency 15, Probability 1.2%
      Result 3, Frequency 65, Probability 5.0%
      Result 4, Frequency 175, Probability 13.5%
      Result 5, Frequency 369, Probability 28.5%
      Result 6, Frequency 671, Probability 51.8%

Moreover, if you were to clear 5 levels and at no point had a result > 3, that'd be like rolling a d20 5 times and getting a 20 each time (5% Chance). 20*20*20*20*20 = 1 in 3.2 Million odds.

Comment

Yeah we get 5 or 6 most of the time lol

Comment

Odds dont change for a second roll, you always have the same odds when it comes to dice

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
            fool

chance to roll a 1 is 1/6
            chance to roll a 2 is 1/6
            chance to roll a 3 is 1/6
            chance to roll a 4 is 1/6
            chance to roll a 5 is 1/6
            chance to roll a 6 is 1/6
            +1 its simple math and stat

Comment

here's a nice calculator that can calculate it for you. You need to remember that you're only rolling 1 die, not 4, because someone else is rolling the other ones, so in a 1d6 calculation, this is your results:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1697019
              http://anydice.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                You're all wounding my soul!

The Probability, per roll, in a 4d6 System dropping the lowest 3 are as follows:

Result 1, Frequency 1, Probability 0.1%
                Result 2, Frequency 15, Probability 1.2%
                Result 3, Frequency 65, Probability 5.0%
                Result 4, Frequency 175, Probability 13.5%
                Result 5, Frequency 369, Probability 28.5%
                Result 6, Frequency 671, Probability 51.8%

Moreover, if you were to clear 5 levels and at no point had a result > 3, that'd be like rolling a d20 5 times and getting a 20 each time (5% Chance). 20*20*20*20*20 = 1 in 3.2 Million odds.
                I think the point of these threads is that there is a suspicion that the random numbers generated by the game do not reflect true, pure, statistical outcomes.

How many times have you enchanted at 90% and failed three times in a row?
                How many times have you rolled those dragon invasion dice and not had someone roll a 6, given it should be happening every other time?

Are there "lucky" times on the server when you have a better chance at a better drop (astral, event box item, guild blessing drop, anything) ?

We will never know. Happy gaming!

Comment

Originally posted by ed_lathioor View Post
                  I think the point of these threads is that there is a suspicion that the random numbers generated by the game do not reflect true, pure, statistical outcomes.

How many times have you enchanted at 90% and failed three times in a row?
                  How many times have you rolled those dragon invasion dice and not had someone roll a 6, given it should be happening every other time?

Are there "lucky" times on the server when you have a better chance at a better drop (astral, event box item, guild blessing drop, anything) ?

We will never know. Happy gaming!
                  Flip a coin 100 times, tell me how many streaks of heads and tails occur and for how long. You'll very likely have stretches of 8 or 9 continual results, which - according to people in this thread - shouldn't happen because it's less than 1%.

I guess the coin is rigged.

What people seem to fail to realize is that maintaining a pattern is MUCH more rare than deviating from it where odds are concerned. 100 Coin Flips. The odds to alternate the entire run is 1 in 2^99. In terms of odds that is: 0.00000000000000000000000000000157. You're talking that you have better odds in winning the PowerBall Lottery 3 times than having that happen. You have better odds of flipping heads 95 times out of 100 than alternating the entire series.

Comment

this post.... lol... I wish the forum had the option to 'share with a friend or tag someone' (if it does, I wish I knew how to).... rather then just send them the link.... because as a MathS major, he would have totally chimed in on this.... me... I could only lol..

Comment

I usually only get unlucky on my runs, but usually get all 6s when I'm helping out others.

Comment

Working...
                      X