No announcement yet.

9999 bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Expand the capacity of SOME items to be 9999 in the inventory. This change will apply to insignias, crypt tokens, mount training whips, soul crystals and etc."

They never stated it was supposed to be all items. There is no bug.

Quit looking a gift horse in the mouth. Quit complaining you won 900K and life's not fair because you wanted 1 million.

This is a great study in human expectations.
    Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
      "Expand the capacity of SOME items to be 9999 in the inventory. This change will apply to insignias, crypt tokens, mount training whips, soul crystals and etc."

They never stated it was supposed to be all items. There is no bug.

Quit looking a gift horse in the mouth. Quit complaining you won 900K and life's not fair because you wanted 1 million.

This is a great study in human expectations.
      i hope you purposely being dense.

1) we are reporting possible bugs.
      2) they never stated it was "Expand the capacity of SOME items to be 9999 in the inventory. This change will apply to insignias, crypt tokens, mount training whips, soul crystals and etc."

read these posts:
      Originally posted by R2_Helen View Post
      Wartune will be having its weekly Maintenance on Wednesday, the 3rd of September at 3:30 AM EST, (0:30 PST, 7:30 AM GMT, and 3:30 PM GMT +8). We will update the V3.10 Part 2 to the below servers: S1, S14, S20, S23, S26, S29, S32, S35, S41, S47, S93, S96, S99, S102, S105, S109, S199, S202, S206, S221, S225, S228, S243, S349, S376, S379, S382, S385, S396 and S399. Maintenance is expected to take approximately 4 to 6 hours, but could be longer. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates or changes.

NOTE: Please be aware that Astrals Captured, but not claimed or sold will be lost during maintenance. If you have Astrals left unclaimed, please claim them before maintenance starts. Thank you.

Patch notes:
      • Added the Holy Forge system.
      • Added Cross-server Battle event (Preliminary will begin September 21st).
      • Optimized Inventory: Each slot's upper volume limit has been increased from 999 to 9999.
      • Optimized Dragon Invasion: Second entry will not cost Stamina.
      Originally posted by R2_Emma View Post
      Wartune will be having its weekly Maintenance on Wednesday, the 10th of September at 3:30 AM EDT, (0:30 PDT, 7:30 AM GMT, and 3:30 PM GMT +8). We will update the Patch 3.1 Part II to all wartune servers. Maintenance is expected to take approximately 4 to 6 hours, but could be longer. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates or changes.

NOTE: Please be aware that Astrals Captured, but not claimed or sold will be lost during maintenance. If you have Astrals left unclaimed, please claim them before maintenance starts. Thank you.

Patch notes:
      • Added the Holy Forge system.
      • Added Cross-server Battle event (Preliminary will begin September 21st).
      • Optimized Inventory: Each slot's upper volume limit has been increased from 999 to 9999.
      • Optimized Dragon Invasion: Second entry will not cost Stamina.
      • Fixed an issue in which the warrior’s skill "Enhanced Delphi Destroyer" was not working as the description stated.

The sign up phase for the Cross-server Battle will begin at 00:00 on September 17th and end at 23:59 on September 19th.

Preliminaries:
      9/21/2014 from 20:30 - 21:30
      9/28/2014 from 20:30 - 21:30
      10/05/2014 from 20:30 - 21:30
      10/12/2014 from 20:30 - 21:30

Finals:
      10/19/2014 from 20:30 - 21:30
      10/26/2014 from 20:30 - 21:30
      11/02/2014 from 20:30 - 21:30
      3) we're not "looking a gift horse in the mouth". just imagine you just won a Car from lottery, but with the doors missing. surely we are happy with what we get despite the minor flaws, but something's feels wrong. if we keep ignoring small bugs, they will pile up and it will be beyond repair some day. or maybe it already is.
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
        3) we're not "looking a gift horse in the mouth". just imagine you just won a Car from lottery, but with the doors missing. surely we are happy with what we get despite the minor flaws, but something's feels wrong. if we keep ignoring small bugs, they will pile up and it will be beyond repair some day. or maybe it already is.
        While I understand your sentiment, the analogy is fallacious (as analogies almost always are). Most of us just have more than enough inv space now so we can't be assed to care about 1-2 slots here or there.

Comment

i hope you purposely being dense.

1) we are reporting possible bugs.
          2) they never stated it was "Expand the capacity of SOME items to be 9999 in the inventory. This change will apply to insignias, crypt tokens, mount training whips, soul crystals and etc."

I took the quote directly from Proficient City maintenance announcement. I don't know why R2 changed the language, however that is the quote word for word. "Some".

Secondly, this isn't a car with no doors. This is a car with no sunroof. An amazing, perfectly functional, free gift that offers huge benefits and immediately people say, oh..no sunroof. This sucks.

In a way this reminds me of a study where a large sum of money is distributed unequally. Even though people receive like 100k dollars of free money, they still look at others who received like 300k and then are actually unhappy about their own free reward.

Perhaps that isn't everybody here, and perhaps the biggest factor is that the announcements got mixed, but there sure is a lot of whining about "it should be more". Like I said, a good study in human expectations.

Comment

I took the quote directly from Proficient City maintenance announcement. I don't know why R2 changed the language, however that is the quote word for word. "Some".

Secondly, this isn't a car with no doors. This is a car with no sunroof. An amazing, perfectly functional, free gift that offers huge benefits and immediately people say, oh..no sunroof. This sucks.

In a way this reminds me of a study where a large sum of money is distributed unequally. Even though people receive like 100k dollars of free money, they still look at others who received like 300k and then are actually unhappy about their own free reward.

Perhaps that isn't everybody here, and perhaps the biggest factor is that the announcements got mixed, but there sure is a lot of whining about "it should be more". Like I said, a good study in human expectations.
            first, i play in R2 not Proficient city.
            2nd, same thing with i said. read my post, like i said we are happy with it, but feels weird that it there are some minor flaws. there is NOWHERE in this thread that we are UNHAPPY of what we got.
            3rd,about your study thing. if things arent distributed equally without any explanations, its perfectly normal for people to question it. where did the money go? are some people cheating or some kind of corruption happened in the distribution? are you gonna allow some people doing it?

it's not about "it should be more", but "why is it less?" if it was it, we would have asked about "why it's 9999, not 99999 stack"?
            Last edited by Arlad; 09-10-2014, 08:23 PM.
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

first, i play in R2 not Proficient city.
              2nd, same thing with i said. read my post, like i said we are happy with it, but feels weird that it there are some minor flaws. there is NOWHERE in this thread that we are UNHAPPY of what we got.
              3rd,about your study thing. if things arent distributed equally without any explanations, its perfectly normal for people to question it. where did the money go? are some people cheating or some kind of corruption happened in the distribution? are you gonna allow some people doing it?

it's not about "it should be more", but "why is it less?" if it was it, we would have asked about "why it's 9999, not 99999 stack"?
              As you stated, you were happy with it, I understand that. However other people were complaining that they still couldn't free 2 extra spaces.

Regarding the study, you glorify the example. It's free money. Who cares if they got more? Why focus on an unequal distribution or needing an explanation. It was never your money and you just made 100k for doing nothing. Why complain that you want 200k for doing nothing?

If a millionaire gives me 100k for doing nothing, I'm sure as heck not going to turn to him and say, but why did HE get 200k? Yoink....gimme my money back. You get nothing now.
              Last edited by CrizzyB; 09-10-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Regarding the study, you glorify the example. It's free money. Who cares if they got more? Why focus on an unequal distribution or needing an explanation. It was never your money and you just made 100k for doing nothing. Why complain that you want 200k for doing nothing?

If a millionaire gives me 100k for doing nothing, I'm sure as heck not going to turn to him and say, but why did HE get 200k? Yoink....gimme my money back. You get nothing now.
                i heavily disagree with you.
                look at a real life example:
                a certain country has been struck with an earthquake, and many other countries donated some aids to them. however, the amount of the donation distributed to the people were less than it should be. are we gonna neglect it because we are getting them free?
                like i said in my previous post, we are demanding to know if it's a bug on the system or maybe it's intended. ( for my case example it's corruption in distribution, or the distribution process itself take some cost).

so, you are afraid to ask because you are afraid they gonna take the patch away? this is what's wrong with society these days. reminds me to a group of monkey and a banana story.

Comment

This has nothing to do with corruption in relief fund distribution. This is simply a basic study that shows human nature.

10 people in a room. A millionaire simply assigns them 250k, 200k, 150k, 100k, 100k, 50k, 50k, 50k, 25k, 25k, for example. The people who didn't receive the biggest reward are generally unsatisfied, despite the fact that they got this money for doing nothing at all. They will always look at the big prize and consider how much they didn't get, not how much they got for free.

I'm not "so afraid to ask". I'm not asking because I'm quite confident it's not a bug, based upon exactly what I posted earlier. It's the same patch being used across the platforms and it was stated directly elsewhere. Also, I know the typical support process of ignoring everything anyways. I would rather know about dark succubus and cache system and things that actually affect gameplay. Significant things that still are unanswerd.

So go ahead and DEMAND your answer and be frustrated until they (probably never) respond and tell you it's normal. I'll smile and enjoy all my free inventory space and if they give us more later, I'm happy with that too.
                  Last edited by CrizzyB; 09-10-2014, 09:32 PM.

Comment

This has nothing to do with corruption in relief fund distribution. This is simply a basic study that shows human nature.

10 people in a room. A millionaire simply assigns them 250k, 200k, 150k, 100k, 100k, 50k, 50k, 50k, 25k, 25k, for example. The people who didn't receive the biggest reward are generally unsatisfied, despite the fact that they got this money for doing nothing at all. They will always look at the big prize and consider how much they didn't get, not how much they got for free.

I'm not "so afraid to ask". I'm not asking because I'm quite confident it's not a bug, based upon exactly what I posted earlier. It's the same patch being used across the platforms and it was stated directly elsewhere. Also, I know the typical support process of ignoring everything anyways. I would rather know about dark succubus and cache system and things that actually affect gameplay. Significant things that still are unanswerd.

So go ahead and DEMAND your answer and be frustrated until they (probably never) respond and tell you it's normal. I'll smile and enjoy all my free inventory space and if they give us more later, I'm happy with that too.
                    there is a big flaw on your example, because the money given to each person is indeed different from the start. in this case, they never said anything about it, and everyone receiving the same result.

i dont need to demand anymore since the question already answered in this thread. someone said that the chinese wartune also didnt have the stack to 9999 for all items.

what irked me in this topic, is because when we're questioning something, some people automatically accused us as whiners that not satisfied for free things given, and that includes you too.

Comment

3 people were complaining that they should have made it all inventory. not an accusation. simple fact.

And in my argument, I said "In a way, this reminds me of" the study. Because it does. People not appreciating what they got, only looking at what they didn't get.

Here's my final example. True story. A guy on the street asked me for money to eat. There was McDonalds there, i gave him 3$ and said get a couple burgers and fries and such. He took the money and said "I want a milkshake too".
                      Fine, give me my $3 back. Oh no, this is ok. If you get something for free, smile and appreciate it. Best way to be in life.

Comment

3 people were complaining that they should have made it all inventory. not an accusation. simple fact.

And in my argument, I said "In a way, this reminds me of" the study. Because it does. People not appreciating what they got, only looking at what they didn't get.

Here's my final example. True story. A guy on the street asked me for money to eat. There was McDonalds there, i gave him 3$ and said get a couple burgers and fries and such. He took the money and said "I want a milkshake too".
                        Fine, give me my $3 back. Oh no, this is ok. If you get something for free, smile and appreciate it. Best way to be in life.
                        wrong example again.
                        the correct one is:
                        A guy on the street asked me for money to eat. There was McDonalds there, i said i will gave him a full combo(a couple burger, a fries, and a milkshake). then i give him a couple burgers and fries only. then he asked, "where's the milkshake? you said it will be a full combo?"

we did appreciate the free things, and like i said over and over again like a broken record, we questioned why it's not like what it said in the announcement.

you seriously have a superiority complex here. where did in this thread(or even in the forum) that i complained about the 9999 stack patch?

Comment

funny why people whine about crystal shard when u can simply convert them to lvl 1 crystal which can let u stack 99900 shard! there is no event or reward for syn lv 1 crystal so you can go ahead to do so. as for the remaining items, seldom will people have huge quantity although stacking to 9999 will save some slots

just fyi, TS, fatestone can stacked till 9999 as well.
                          S204 royal basin (Oceanic Server)
                          IGN : Neggy

Comment

Originally posted by R211971187 View Post
                            funny why people whine about crystal shard when u can simply convert them to lvl 1 crystal which can let u stack 99900 shard! there is no event or reward for syn lv 1 crystal so you can go ahead to do so. as for the remaining items, seldom will people have huge quantity although stacking to 9999 will save some slots

just fyi, TS, fatestone can stacked till 9999 as well.
                            funny people didnt read the topic and posting ** like this.

Comment

wrong example again.
                              the correct one is:
                              A guy on the street asked me for money to eat. There was McDonalds there, i said i will gave him a full combo(a couple burger, a fries, and a milkshake). then i give him a couple burgers and fries only. then he asked, "where's the milkshake? you said it will be a full combo?"

we did appreciate the free things, and like i said over and over again like a broken record, we questioned why it's not like what it said in the announcement.

you seriously have a superiority complex here. where did in this thread(or even in the forum) that i complained about the 9999 stack patch?
                              What the @#$% is wrong with you? You object to everything and don't even try to see the other persons point.
                              I clearly admitted that you were happy with the stacks. I clearly point out that it was OTHER PEOPLE complaining, yet you hear what you want to hear and still think I'm blaming you, so you keep making dumb arguments.

As you stated, you were happy with it, I understand that. However other people were complaining that they still couldn't free 2 extra spaces.
                              Right now I could say the earth is round and you would object because you hear what you want to hear.

And your "correct" example, which is incorrect because I was there and never promised a full combo, still perfectly shows how ungrateful the man is to have even received 1 fry, let alone most of a meal, for doing nothing.

Lastly, R2's announcements are notoriously mislabeled when they come out and they will never hold themselves to ambiguous posts and vague expectations.

Enjoy your burger and fries.

Comment

What the @#$% is wrong with you? You object to everything and don't even try to see the other persons point.
                                I clearly admitted that you were happy with the stacks. I clearly point out that it was OTHER PEOPLE complaining, yet you hear what you want to hear and still think I'm blaming you, so you keep making dumb arguments.
                                then please, show me the post from this thread where people complaining about it
                                Right now I could say the earth is round and you would object because you hear what you want to hear.
                                right back at you, mister. you never read my post correctly
                                And your "correct" example, which is incorrect because I was there and never promised a full combo, still perfectly shows how ungrateful the man is to have even received 1 fry, let alone most of a meal, for doing nothing.

Lastly, R2's announcements are notoriously mislabeled when they come out and they will never hold themselves to ambiguous posts and vague expectations.

Enjoy your burger and fries.
                                we're not talking about your experience, we're talking how your example didnt reflect the situation in this thread. i corrected it to how it match the situation in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X