X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astroglide
    started a topic Fixes To Make BG More Interesting

Fixes To Make BG More Interesting

Just a few suggestions that would greatly improve bg. Right now they are a bit tedious still.

1. Change where the RRO is positioned. Put the RRO inside the spawn camp. This would make it a bit harder for noobs to reach the RRO and maybe alleviate some of the whining about the RRO being killed.
    2. Make it where you can enter the enemy spawn. The reason should be pretty obvious. Those that want to whine and hide in spawn shouldn't have a place to hide. This should be BG not whimp ground for crybabies like it is currently.

• Darkling1976
    replied
    I suppose you could also alter the honor rewards so that the amount scales depending on the BR difference between players. If your BR's much higher than the other players then it won't be much of a "battle" so you'll get less honor as a reward, whereas if you have roughly the same BR then honor rewarded for be normal since it'll be closer to being an actual battle and not just a butchering.

Leave a comment:

• Draconan69
    replied
    Originally posted by Astroglide View Post
    My suggestion would be a way to prevent it. All those that want to just sit and hide most of the BG become a human shield. It converts them from being worthless to their side and allows them to contribute. I think many are tired of the leeches that contribute nothing to the BG.
    Pretty sure you misunderstand what I mean by spawn camper. A Spawn camper is a player that camps outside the opposing spawn killing players as they try to leave. This lead to players not bothering to try to leave since they can not get a cart and therefore the only way for them to get anything from the BG is to sit and wait for the rewards at the end. This means it is a horrible experience for new players and there are less players for honor farmers to kill. It is a lose-lose situation.

Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
    1) One way path from spawn to ore area. That way people who want to cart can at least grab a cart before they are killed.
    2) No attacks at ore....like a safe zone. You have to go through main bg area to return cart to RRO. There anything goes.

If you want to kill...pick on them after they grab ore. If you want to cart, at least you get some small rewards and honor.

Or something like attacks in the spawn only earn 25% of normal honor.

Everybody should feel they got something out of bg. I can see peoples frustration of 20 minutes not being able to leave camp because of #@$@#%# in a frenzy to accumulate fake honor, rather than having real honor.
    This is a good idea, a guaranteed cart gives players a reason to leave which in turn will lead to more honor for the players honor farming. A win-win. could probably be implemented just as well with a protection buff starting from leaving the spawn area long enough to get to ore and grab a cart.

Leave a comment:

• Bleeck
    replied
    In under-75 bg the biggest reason ppl don't go in is spawn camping. To make this less attractive divide the bg map into 3 areas. When you attack a player in the third closest to your spawn camp you get a 50% bonus to honor gained. When you attack a player in the center you get normal honor. Attacking someone in their third would give a 50% honor penalty. This would then create 2 choke points instead of 1 so it would double the chances of a player actually getting to the res area. This would have the additional benefit of encouraging ppl to defend their resource officer and thereby earn more honor than they can by camping.

One drawback I see to this would be that high br players on an honor grind would sit just outside the line and wait for people to get a cart. A possible solution to this would be to add an additional honor buff. Any player that has a cart in a fight will add a 50% bonus which is stackable. One large advantage to this is the honor grinding player will have a cart slowing them down so that the player on the way to get his cart has a good chance to run around.

The honor bonus overall then goes as follows:
    Near 3rd
    Both w cart - 150% honor bonus
    Single cart - 100% honor bonus
    No cart - 50% honor bonus
    Center
    Both w cart - 100% honor bonus
    Single cart - 50% honor bonus
    No cart - 0% honor bonus
    Far 3rd
    Both w cart - 50% honor bonus
    Single cart - 0% honor bonus
    No cart - -50% honor bonus(penalty)

*Note* I run a lvl 55 archer on a 2nd server that is stuck slow leveling. The issue I have is I can't afford to cash 2 toons leading to a lack of socket rods and me being unable to equip the 50 set let alone move on to the 60 or 70 sets. This system should increase the overall amount of shards(therefore socket rods and gems) which will allow me to begin playing it effectively again. I think that we are all in agreement that without low and non-cashiers the game dies. This system should give more incentive to the $0-$50 a month crowd to show up to bg leading to more honor for all and them at least getting some shards.

Leave a comment:

• daunapu
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
    1. Make the bg activate the "Party"... Team members can group up to 3 (replacing one troop per player), so they could win againsts strong individual players...
    2. Make the player who has not gotten points for 2 minutes be given a dryad buff, so he will be encouraged to either cart or kill.
    3. Those who killed more than 9 players consecutively will be given a chance to transform into a grim reaper.
    4. There should be power up spawning in bg, like in tank trials. Power ups include 1 minute self invulnerability, 15 sec team invulnerability, instant full hp heal, pandora boxes, a wings to let him fly directly to RRO or mine lasting 30 sec, etc.
    5. Bg points can also be used to increase stats, lasting for 5 minutes.
    6. If there is someone who was killed 3 times consecutively, a system message should appear, like, " (name of player) has been killed n times, he is weak....", or "he is stupid..."
    7. If someone kills a grim reaper, he is given a chance to transform into an angel (like the shining angel bg card), and a system chat should say that "(name of the grim reaper player) is so boastful he deserves it..."
    8. Aside from MVP, players who earn more points, player who was killed the most, player who did not kill but earn high points, as well as the one who lost honors the most, should be given a title similar to MVP (respectively, Agressive, Weakest, Ox, Noob Camper)
    1. why, just why? this will bring more imbalance than anything
    2. players who has not gotten points are afkers, how will this help?
    3&7 sounds fun, but probably will bring more lag
    4. now this is a good idea
    5. same as 1
    6. what will this bring? and why should anyone feel stupid?
    8. pointless with the current system, if titles were usable outside bg and give stats now, ok

which leads me to my bg suggestions:

1. linked to your 8, i suggested it few times before, make MVP title a daily one
    2. as suggested by few here before, add dryads blessing to rro

Leave a comment:

• Kingryan
    replied
    1. Make the bg activate the "Party"... Team members can group up to 3 (replacing one troop per player), so they could win againsts strong individual players...
    2. Make the player who has not gotten points for 2 minutes be given a dryad buff, so he will be encouraged to either cart or kill.
    3. Those who killed more than 9 players consecutively will be given a chance to transform into a grim reaper.
    4. There should be power up spawning in bg, like in tank trials. Power ups include 1 minute self invulnerability, 15 sec team invulnerability, instant full hp heal, pandora boxes, a wings to let him fly directly to RRO or mine lasting 30 sec, etc.
    5. Bg points can also be used to increase stats, lasting for 5 minutes.
    6. If there is someone who was killed 3 times consecutively, a system message should appear, like, " (name of player) has been killed n times, he is weak....", or "he is stupid..."
    7. If someone kills a grim reaper, he is given a chance to transform into an angel (like the shining angel bg card), and a system chat should say that "(name of the grim reaper player) is so boastful he deserves it..."
    8. Aside from MVP, players who earn more points, player who was killed the most, player who did not kill but earn high points, as well as the one who lost honors the most, should be given a title similar to MVP (respectively, Agressive, Weakest, Ox, Noob Camper)

Leave a comment:

• Repeaters393
    replied
    bg interesting? then make interesting event too :P ( u know wht i mean )

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
    Let's put it this way....I would like to see the game grow, not frustrate people into quitting. Farming about 40 honor and some bg shards for 20 minutes work, reasonable expectation of small rewards for time invested. Not getting 3 inches from camp..., pretty annoying.

Hey, I kinda like it the way it is too, I get to kill tons of spawn campers and love when the bullies start crying about how they should be left alone.

i remember when i was a bully farming LD, i attacked you and tore me apart

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by IronBorn View Post
    I just find it funny that in the discussion menu this appears as "Fixes To Make BG More Interesting - Started by Astroglide"

Well yes, that would be a good start...
    >_>
    not many people knows what an astroglide is. and i think you read "BG" as something else, lol.

Leave a comment:

• IronBorn
    replied
    I just find it funny that in the discussion menu this appears as "Fixes To Make BG More Interesting - Started by Astroglide"

Well yes, that would be a good start...

Leave a comment:

• MrFancyPants
    replied
    How about this - you are free to enter the enemy spawn and attack, but you lose your VIP honor protection if you do.
    Or, since spawn camping is annoying to your own team, you can attack your teammates near the enemy spawn.

Not letting people grab carts just discourages them from leaving the spawn, leading to less kills for your side in the end. It's in your team's interest to let people cart. But an individual spawn camper might make out even better. If everyone's spawn camping, they probably lose out. Basically kind of a prisoner's dilemma, that.
    I do like the idea of a one-way path to the ore, though.

Leave a comment:

• R211971187
    replied
    it seems like dryad not working ?i am sure if you get killed many times u wil be able to make it out.

as for killing the sameplayer, no honor if more than twice

as to above issue, give player 5 secs of protection when theu just spawn, this method works in many games as it prevents spawn camping,

Leave a comment:

• MSEngel
    replied
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    if increasing the difficulty is by giving some kind of dryad blessing to RRO every time it's killed, i agree completely. but to increase their default stats is a no for me.
    Either way works, his default stats are a joke since even 120k players can kill him.
    Dryad sounds fun somehow.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by MSEngel View Post
    Only thing i'd agree and support is to increase RRO difficulty.
    if increasing the difficulty is by giving some kind of dryad blessing to RRO every time it's killed, i agree completely. but to increase their default stats is a no for me.

Leave a comment:

• CrizzyB
    replied
    Originally posted by R2sucksbad View Post
    I dont think it's anyones "right" to get a cart. It's part of the game. If you dont find that part of the game enjoyable or of benefit, don't it. The current system works for the majority.
    Let's put it this way....I would like to see the game grow, not frustrate people into quitting. Farming about 40 honor and some bg shards for 20 minutes work, reasonable expectation of small rewards for time invested. Not getting 3 inches from camp..., pretty annoying.

Hey, I kinda like it the way it is too, I get to kill tons of spawn campers and love when the bullies start crying about how they should be left alone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X