Rank 8 Guild but cant participate??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank 8 Guild but cant participate??

Unfortunately the two level 10 guilds I run became victim of a server merge on two accounts.
    After the merges, my server85 guild became rank13 and is beyond hope but I refuse to abandon the level 10 investment.
    Also, my server81 guild became rank 8 yet is also denied from guild battles?? It says rank 1-8 can play so *** am I denied??

I gained allot from top participant bonus in my very tiny guilds, and would even often win versus other low population guilds or with the help of chariots.
    It's a shame I can't benefit from the Guild Battles anymore, and it is actually enough to tempt most people in my situation towards quitting the whole game!
    It is seriously a weak game design to base guild rank entirely on overall BR, ignoring the money/time invested and even GB wins.

This flawed game has too many new servers which attracts all the new players there making recruiting impossible.
    Either way people ignore the charm of rpgs which is "progress over time" and seek to hand hold top guild anyways, so its obviously an uphill battle trying to increase Guild BR with recruits.

I think it would make more sense if there was a roster limit of like 30 people, then 1-3 guilds wouldn't bait the entire server into them.
    G.Ms would be forced to actually recruit based on quality rather than quantity, and it would result in more variety in the Guild Battles.
    Whats the fun in 10-15min predictable battles? Seems like a more logical game design to encourage a larger number of teams.
    There should clearly be a roster limit and there should obviously be more than 8 guilds allowed to participate.

Its been a few days since the merge but decided to write a rant on the topic. I like the game allot and won't quit despite the disappointing turn of events.
    People may suggest I simply quit my investment and hand the hold top dogs like they do, but regardless of that option I was screwed by the lame game design and pointless merging.

There's rarely a server that has more than 1-2 "active" guilds. Few maintain some "laid-back" lower level guilds just for fun, but really the majority of players that play somewhat competitively will be in the main 1-2 guilds, not only for normal GB prizes, but now also CS GB prizes. Once upon a time like 3 server merges prior I was GM of the top guild, then slowly it dropped and split into other guilds, but that's how the game flows. In the end regardless of which guild you're in as long as you have people you like it'll be just as fine.

Comment

Yes that appears to be the common trend from what ive seen in my two servers and after talking to people with experience on BattleGround.
      Everyone joins top 1-3 guilds, meanwhile only like 50 can participate in battles and only like a dozen chests on Friday to go around if lucky, so many don't get benefits.

Its a pipe dream but it would simply make more sense if more than 8 guilds allowed, and even more sense if there was a roster limit to spread the population around.

Also, any idea why in the hell is my rank8 guild not allowed to fight??
      The whole situation is disappointing, but in the least I should be able to participate on that account yet its not listed as being eligible two times in a row now.

Comment

Originally posted by PipenAin View Post
        Yes that appears to be the common trend from what ive seen in my two servers and after talking to people with experience on BattleGround.
        Everyone joins top 1-3 guilds, meanwhile only like 50 can participate in battles and only like a dozen chests on Friday to go around if lucky, so many don't get benefits.

Its a pipe dream but it would simply make more sense if more than 8 guilds allowed, and even more sense if there was a roster limit to spread the population around.

Also, any idea why in the hell is my rank8 guild not allowed to fight??
        The whole situation is disappointing, but in the least I should be able to participate on that account yet its not listed as being eligible two times in a row now.
        rank 8 for guild strength not guild level

and I don't how it goes in other timezone, in my server there are rarely 40+ ppl for GB days
        SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
        IGN: Kimwong
        CLASS: Knight
        PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
        BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
        Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Yes, the guild is Level 10 but rank 8 strength so don't know whats up with that.

Comment

Guild chests are probably significant if you're lower level and whatnot, but one chest is 30 whips and with events most lv80 or high-active players get 30k+ whips per month without many issues. I know I and most in my guild aren't fussed about who gets a chest or when its even given out since it's just a really tiny portion of something we get every month free.

And what kim said you need top 8 in guild str, rankings for the week update on Sunday at 5am server, so if you are 8th in guild str maybe another guild buffs up prior to rank reset to knock you down.

Comment

The guild I am in currently is not one of the top guilds ranks about 5th in GB. It one one of the oldest guilds on our 4 servers that are merged together. It has little drama and is more like a family and we almost accept everyone who wants to join. Before that I was in the guild that ranked seconds on the server but it felt dead no one spoked to each other in guild chat. People look to guilds for different reason their will always be people who want to be no. 1 and will migrate to those guilds. We are have been fortunate that with active guilds although it does not mean we will not get merged. Since R2 I think plays spin the bottle with servers on who gets merged and who does not.

DarkMeph
              Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

Oh thanks Wraith, I believe that answered my question or is at least a probable theory.
                Apparently I won't qualify for the whole week regardless of technically being rank8 because another guild with similar strength beefed up on sunday.

Still, its a tease for them to list me as rank8 when its not actually valid. Wartunes needs to spend a portion of profits on keeping stats in sync.

Comment

It isn't so much a tease, the rankings do update daily, but only the top 8 on Sunday matter as far as that week's battle counts. So as long as you're 8th when 5am Sunday comes you'll be added to the guild battle roster for that entire week.

Comment

Oh I see Wraith, thanks for the heads up. That's good that at least its reflecting my current status but whether its a tease or not depends on your definition of the term I suppose.
                    It clearly says rank 1-8 can play but since I can't then in the least created confusion. Would be more fair if people currently qualified can participate rather than giving a free ride to a team that squeaked by.

Anyways, at least I have Sunday to look forward to and if I don't qualify again I'll live with it.
                    It does suck though because I haven't been playing for years, so losing those handful of whips/crystals helped allot.
                    Also, I'm purposefully not a casher for personal reasons so can't get Honor from BG so need that bit from GB. Currently Knight Crusader tho at least so will live with that too if I cant ever play GB again.

Comment

ur guild needs to have a br rating of 5milion to be able to enter cross server guild battle

Comment

Originally posted by bcdaedalus View Post
                        ur guild needs to have a br rating of 5milion to be able to enter cross server guild battle
                        "The less I know, the more eagerly I answer."

Comment

Server merge needed so 800 minimum active per server, but better if 1600 active per server for more then just one or two strong guilds.

Comment

Originally posted by PipenAin View Post
                            Oh I see Wraith, thanks for the heads up. That's good that at least its reflecting my current status but whether its a tease or not depends on your definition of the term I suppose.
                            It clearly says rank 1-8 can play but since I can't then in the least created confusion. Would be more fair if people currently qualified can participate rather than giving a free ride to a team that squeaked by.

Anyways, at least I have Sunday to look forward to and if I don't qualify again I'll live with it.
                            It does suck though because I haven't been playing for years, so losing those handful of whips/crystals helped allot.
                            Also, I'm purposefully not a casher for personal reasons so can't get Honor from BG so need that bit from GB. Currently Knight Crusader tho at least so will live with that too if I cant ever play GB again.
                            GB are tournament format, once started the participants can't be changed until the next tournament (the next week).
                            If you are getting beaten out because another guild is buffing up, then maybe you should try recruiting a few players to make it so they can't, you could even create some dummy accounts to add to the guild to fudge the stats.

Comment

Working...
                            X