What kind of ** is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArchMageDaze View Post
    I just find it strange that my guild faces the same opponents again in Round 2... as we outscored them by like 5k-ish points.
    Don't get me wrong though, not complaining, just curious as to how this worked out.
    that's actually interesting, since if you look at the ranking and schedule, you can see the 1st matched with 2nd, 3rd with 4th, and so on.

maybe different guild by same name?
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I will check real quick and confirm that for you Arlad, but I'm almost positive it's same one from the same server.

EDIT: Yup, it did change since I last viewed it after Wb and before Arena, now our opponents are ColdFusion (400k below our BR, so hopefully another Victory!)
      Last edited by ArchMageDaze; 09-22-2014, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R233787790 View Post
        if u ask me i dont care about who u gona get matched, cos if u ask me all fall down with the tactics u can follow in this event with your guildmember!!!
        looking forward to face you armorgames u destroyed r2-d2??

@op: mate u know that what u call weaker guilds will face a similar strength guild? so again for those its the same as you...the sad thing is that next xsgb guild gonna take advantage of that to avoid the powerhouses...
        Originally posted by TheVictorious
        Is this "soon" like additional spot in farm or homestead? :P
        Originally posted by PunkPetal
        Did same to me, is embarrassing when u tthrow everything but the kitchen sink, and they sit casting rof
        Originally posted by EdGrr
        A life of frustration is inevitable for any player whose main enjoyment is winning and staying at the top.
        IGN: Dragon Soul Warlock DanteMugetsu
        Guild: #1 European Mighty Guild KINGSoKong
        Server: Kongregate Europe 3 a.k.a Kong S5
        Class: Mage
        Currect Br: 61????

Comment

I thought it was supposed to be random after the first week.

Pitting the top ranks against each other will (assuming high BR always wins) mean that 1 beats 2. Next week 1 beats 3. Next week 1 beats 5, next week 1 beats 9. On to the finals.
          But on the flip side 260 teams in FB Wartune.....you will have a case which something like #241 beats 242, then beats 243, then beats 245, then beats 249. Makes finals.

This system is stupid...the 16th best team would go winless, always facing a higher opponent each week, while one of the weakest guilds will make finals.

I guess there is some play in how many points you can score during the match, but the general prinicpal is flawed. What kind of tournament always fights the top teams in each bracket in succesive weeks?
          Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
            if your guild is really strong and the strength difference with your opponents is not too far, even when you are losing the GB you will still able to collect 8-9k points.
            I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that the top8 will be made up of solely "lossless" guilds. It's not about points, it's about "Victories".

Currently 135 teams on East coast. 68 with 1-0 records after first round. 34 (at best) with 2-0 records after second round. 17 (at best) with 3-0 records after third. 8-9 (at best) with 4-0 records after fourth.

So it is possible for 8 or 9 teams to have a perfect record going into the finals, which would mean point total does not matter at all. Whether it is likely or not, we'll have to wait and see. Maybe you understand now, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
              I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that the top8 will be made up of solely "lossless" guilds. It's not about points, it's about "Victories".

Currently 135 teams on East coast. 68 with 1-0 records after first round. 34 (at best) with 2-0 records after second round. 17 (at best) with 3-0 records after third. 8-9 (at best) with 4-0 records after fourth.

So it is possible for 8 or 9 teams to have a perfect record going into the finals, which would mean point total does not matter at all. Whether it is likely or not, we'll have to wait and see. Maybe you understand now, yes?
              yes, the 8/9 guilds would have perfect record, but to do that they should be great guilds so your point is moot. the possibility for a weak guild to win 4 times in a row through sheer luck is very low.

people seems to forgot that every guild will go to the finals, the prelims is just to divide the groupings. those top 8(not sure about the exact number) will fight eachother in diamond group, then the next in gold, and so on. so, if the guild is really strong but got unlucky on matchings, they will fall to the gold group at least if they only lost 1 fight and win the rest prelim matches
              now, i didnt know how the ranking in the finals will be, but if its by points 1st then group, losing at the preliminaries could be actually an advantage.

anyway, can someone help me in the numbers of participants in other timezone aside East Coast? cuz 135 participants is quite a bit higher than i expected. since the lowest limit is 24, i actually expected only 50ish.
              btw if there's like only 50 participants, there would be only 3-4 "lossless" guilds in the prelims.

anyhow, like someone said we should expect some people trying to trick the matching system by making their guild's BR as low as possible in the next season. kicking inactives, mass stripping at 3 AM, etc. but this could be a double edged sword because the ranking and tie breaker are based on BR.
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I'm beginning to think it's pointless to try to explain to you. You seem too sure of your own conclusions to contemplate the possibility of being incorrect or able to recognize any other points, but I guess I will try one more time.
                yes, the 8/9 guilds would have perfect record, but to do that they should be great guilds so your point is moot. the possibility for a weak guild to win 4 times in a row through sheer luck is very low.
                Except it's not. Based on the matching system all you'd have to be is in one of the "lucky spots".
                Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
                Pitting the top ranks against each other will (assuming high BR always wins) mean that 1 beats 2. Next week 1 beats 3. Next week 1 beats 5, next week 1 beats 9. On to the finals.
                But on the flip side 260 teams in FB Wartune.....you will have a case which something like #241 beats 242, then beats 243, then beats 245, then beats 249. Makes finals.

This system is stupid...the 16th best team would go winless, always facing a higher opponent each week, while one of the weakest guilds will make finals.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                people seems to forgot that every guild will go to the finals, the prelims is just to divide the groupings. those top 8(not sure about the exact number) will fight eachother in diamond group, then the next in gold, and so on. so, if the guild is really strong but got unlucky on matchings, they will fall to the gold group at least if they only lost 1 fight and win the rest prelim matches
                The desire is to make the top group in order to have a chance at winning or at least placing in the top3. Gold group or lower is an automatic loss. The rewards are not based on placing within groups on finals. It is based on total rank. First in gold (9th place) is worse than last in diamond (8th place). (And yes it is split into 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25+.)
                btw if there's like only 50 participants, there would be only 3-4 "lossless" guilds in the prelims.
                Irrelevant because there are 135 participants.
                Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 09-23-2014, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                  I'm beginning to think it's pointless to try to explain to you. You seem too sure of your own conclusions to contemplate the possibility of being incorrect or able to recognize any other points, but I guess I will try one more time.
                  isnt this funny coming from you? you also "seem too sure of your own conclusions to contemplate the possibility of being incorrect or able to recognize any other points".
                  im explaining the merits of the current matching, and you keep telling that it's bad despite my explanations?
                  now, could you please give us the idea of the ideal matching should be? if it's random, could you please check this thread again, who is the first one suggesting the random matching?

Except it's not. Based on the matching system all you'd have to be is in one of the "lucky spots".
                  so, which kind of matching would you prefer to prevent "lucky spots" to happen? if it's randomized, there would still be a lot of "lucky spots". if it's higher half vs lower half for the 1st matching, the 2nd battle will still be like our current 1st battle matching, because the higher half would always beat the lower half, and there will be a lot of complains about how the game is "unfair" towards weaker guilds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The desire is to make the top group in order to have a chance at winning or at least placing in the top3. Gold group or lower is an automatic loss. The rewards are not based on placing within groups on finals. It is based on total rank. First in gold (9th place) is worse than last in diamond (8th place). (And yes it is split into 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25+.)
                  and this will lead to the old problem we had with CW. why bother with matching if people only wants the highest BR to pass the finals? with our current matching, this will give an illusion that even small guilds have a glimpse of hope on getting in the higher groups.
                  of course, what you want is highest BR will absolutely be in diamond group. so like i said, why dont we just skip the cross server BG and give the rewards on the guilds with highest BR?

Irrelevant because there are 135 participants.
                  on east coast servers, yes. however i believe the number is above the norm. so would you think if a motorcycle has an engine failure because it had 8 people on it is irrelevant to the design where it was supposed to be 2 people?

i was actually thinking about limiting the participants number, however this wouldnt be fair to the smaller guilds. but hey, what do we care about lower guilds, right? only the top matters, weaker guilds should just be prey to them. (/sarcasm)

Comment

isnt this funny coming from you? you also "seem too sure of your own conclusions to contemplate the possibility of being incorrect or able to recognize any other points".
                    im explaining the merits of the current matching, and you keep telling that it's bad despite my explanations?
                    now, could you please give us the idea of the ideal matching should be? if it's random, could you please check this thread again, who is the first one suggesting the random matching?

so, which kind of matching would you prefer to prevent "lucky spots" to happen? if it's randomized, there would still be a lot of "lucky spots". if it's higher half vs lower half for the 1st matching, the 2nd battle will still be like our current 1st battle matching, because the higher half would always beat the lower half, and there will be a lot of complains about how the game is "unfair" towards weaker guilds

and this will lead to the old problem we had with CW. why bother with matching if people only wants the highest BR to pass the finals? with our current matching, this will give an illusion that even small guilds have a glimpse of hope on getting in the higher groups.
                    of course, what you want is highest BR will absolutely be in diamond group. so like i said, why dont we just skip the cross server BG and give the rewards on the guilds with highest BR?

on east coast servers, yes. however i believe the number is above the norm. so would you think if a motorcycle has an engine failure because it had 8 people on it is irrelevant to the design where it was supposed to be 2 people?

i was actually thinking about limiting the participants number, however this wouldnt be fair to the smaller guilds. but hey, what do we care about lower guilds, right? only the top matters, weaker guilds should just be prey to them. (/sarcasm)
                    Here is the current problem....assume higher BR always wins.

People who go undefeated: #1, #17, #33, #49, #65, #81, #97, #113

That would be your top 8 right there. Should #113 make finals and #16 lose every match? Should guilds #2-16 not even make finals? Doesn't make much sense.
                    Last edited by CrizzyB; 09-23-2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how the current matching and ranking make any sense. Maybe in 3 weeks I will see it but, right now only thing I see is it pays to be a low BR guild and if you're in a top guild, you should get rid of lower BR players as much as possible, even if it mean making couple people mad and strip before GB BR is calculated. We are rank 17 in BR across all platforms(R2, Kong, Kabam, Armor Games). Even if I'm really optimistic, there is a good chance we will be 0-2 next week. But, I see those 5M BR guilds matched against other 5M guilds that have a shot at 3 wins. Not even sure we will get 2 wins. So, next 7 weeks tournament, we will probably kick all the noobs in the guild so we lower our BR. Seem you need to be a total jerk to have a shot to do well in CS-GB. I watch sports, can you tell me in which sport they reward the weak? Anyway, not like I expect a lot more from this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
                        I'm still trying to figure out how the current matching and ranking make any sense. Maybe in 3 weeks I will see it but, right now only thing I see is it pays to be a low BR guild and if you're in a top guild, you should get rid of lower BR players as much as possible, even if it mean making couple people mad and strip before GB BR is calculated. We are rank 17 in BR across all platforms(R2, Kong, Kabam, Armor Games). Even if I'm really optimistic, there is a good chance we will be 0-2 next week. But, I see those 5M BR guilds matched against other 5M guilds that have a shot at 3 wins. Not even sure we will get 2 wins. So, next 7 weeks tournament, we will probably kick all the noobs in the guild so we lower our BR. Seem you need to be a total jerk to have a shot to do well in CS-GB. I watch sports, can you tell me in which sport they reward the weak? Anyway, not like I expect a lot more from this game.
                        this wont work cause next time EVERY1 will have 4 mil br looool

Comment

Imagine FIFA tried this system for world cup.
                          Here would be your final 8 teams basically

Germany
                          USA
                          Ghana
                          Burkina Faso
                          Finland
                          Estonia
                          Qatar
                          Namibia

Yeah, that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
                            Here is the current problem....assume higher BR always wins.

People who go undefeated: #1, #17, #33, #49, #65, #81, #97, #113

That would be your top 8 right there. Should #113 make finals and #16 lose every match? Should guilds #2-16 not even make finals? Doesn't make much sense.

remember what i said about limiting the participants? i was thinking if it's limited to 64, only 4 teams with "lucky spots", and #1 deserved the spot anyways, leaving 3 "lucky teams" in #17, #33 and #49 and #17 kinda still acceptable.
                            #16 would never lost every matches, remember the 2nd and subsequent matching based on victory and points earned before the BR.

now back to my question, what kind of matching will be right for this event? should we go full random instead, leaving things to the hands of fortune?

Comment

i really dont know n cant say bc my server is screwed up and were not doing csgb with the guilds were meant to be doing them with but it seems like it should work more like normal gb, the 2 strongest fighting each other in the end, not at the very start bc now a smaller guild that won is probably gonna get trampled next time...

Comment

On sunday, my guild faced that of Darkst0rm's. It was Elysium vs Elysium.

When it first popped up we all throught it was matched by similar names.
                                Name: Phoenixia
                                Server: R2 S-319
                                Class: Mage
                                BR: 911k
                                Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                                Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X