Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

deflect/regen astrals doubt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • deflect/regen astrals doubt

    Hi,

    Enhanced deflection: 10% chance to reflect x% of received dmg
    Enhanced regeneration: 10% chance to regain HP equivalent to x% dmg dealt

    My doubt is: can we use both astrals at the same time? If thats the case, 1/100 times both astrals would trigger at the same time, reflecting dmg AND regenerating HP. Is it correct?

    Thanks in advanced

  • #2
    They both can be equipped at the same time.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	deflec.regen.png
Views:	1
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1694887
    | GNUTerryPrachett |

    | |
    | | | |

    Comment


    • #3
      They can activate at the same time. Same with illusion and deflection, illusion and regen or any combo of them.

      You can also attack opponent have their deflect proc and your regen proc at the same time (happened to me once, deflect kills me, regen procs and boom 1HP survival!)

      Comment


      • #4
        thanks for the quick answer

        lol to the combo of them and surviving after death...

        Comment


        • #5
          are you saying reflected damage (50k for example) can trigger the regeneration astral (5k heal in this case)? if so i didnt think thats possible or have you seen this happening? If you attack someone and he reflects damage + your regeneration astral triggers, like what Wraith said, then thats a different thing and definitely possible. Both astrals get triggered by your main attack. but i doubt the reflected damage can trigger anything, or does it?

          Comment


          • #6
            Deflected damage won't trigger regen, since it isn't your own attack but enemy attack and your astral that causes it. Otherwise using both is perfectly fine.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
              Deflected damage won't trigger regen, since it isn't your own attack but enemy attack and your astral that causes it. Otherwise using both is perfectly fine.
              ok thats what i thought ^^.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JackMalloy View Post
                Hi,

                Enhanced deflection: 10% chance to reflect x% of received dmg
                Enhanced regeneration: 10% chance to regain HP equivalent to x% dmg dealt

                My doubt is: can we use both astrals at the same time? If thats the case, 1/100 times both astrals would trigger at the same time, reflecting dmg AND regenerating HP. Is it correct?

                Thanks in advanced
                deflect triggers when you TAKE damage
                regeneration triggers when you DEAL damage

                Your deflect and regeneration should not be triggering at the same time.

                I however have doubts about how the trigger, I use them both and find the rates seem kinda off.

                My regeneration triggers about 10% over all as does my deflect however when you look at specific attack types the numbers seems skewed.
                I do not deflect 10% of Eve/Herc delphics I know this because I watch hoping almost every battle in BG, but a lot of smaller hits seem to deflect quite often.

                Regeneration seems odd as well, trigger rate on my aoe spells seems really low triggering much less than 10% and only healing based on a single hit of a single target but only has a single change of triggering. My hades endless engulf or devils gaze trigger so seldom I did not get one until I had used the astral regularly for days, however with devour soul the trigger rate seems quite high (makes for some nice healing in PvE). So overall seems to really favor single hit attacks both for trigger rates and for heal since it only heals based on the first hit anyway.

                Weirdness aside they are great astrals to use and deflect coupled with illusion can make for some lucky upsets in BG (I really love it when a stronger player stuns me and hits me with Herc Delphic to see me take 1 damage and them drop dead)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Draconan69 View Post
                  deflect triggers when you TAKE damage
                  regeneration triggers when you DEAL damage

                  Your deflect and regeneration should not be triggering at the same time.

                  I however have doubts about how the trigger, I use them both and find the rates seem kinda off.

                  My regeneration triggers about 10% over all as does my deflect however when you look at specific attack types the numbers seems skewed.
                  I do not deflect 10% of Eve/Herc delphics I know this because I watch hoping almost every battle in BG, but a lot of smaller hits seem to deflect quite often.

                  Regeneration seems odd as well, trigger rate on my aoe spells seems really low triggering much less than 10% and only healing based on a single hit of a single target but only has a single change of triggering. My hades endless engulf or devils gaze trigger so seldom I did not get one until I had used the astral regularly for days, however with devour soul the trigger rate seems quite high (makes for some nice healing in PvE). So overall seems to really favor single hit attacks both for trigger rates and for heal since it only heals based on the first hit anyway.

                  Weirdness aside they are great astrals to use and deflect coupled with illusion can make for some lucky upsets in BG (I really love it when a stronger player stuns me and hits me with Herc Delphic to see me take 1 damage and them drop dead)
                  That explains something I noticed sometimes when I use Intercept it does 1 damage. I was thinking I misread what I had seen it can get confusing with lots of damage numbers floating around.

                  DarkMeph
                  Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The most important thing to remember is how these astrals calculate damage.

                    Regen only uses base damage, so bonuses from Will Destroyer etc are not included. I would hit people for 50k and only heal 15k when my regen was at 50%. After switching to crit, it heals the correct amount every time.

                    Deflection calculates damage taken before reduction (from Goddess blessing etc). I have had people do 20k damage and it returned 22k, because my damage reduction was high and it returned 70% damage.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X