Possible solution to your loading problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible solution to your loading problem

I've recently encountered intermittent slow loading, at times the loading got stuck completely.
    Symptom of problems:
    1. Loading the game sometimes stucks at 50%, sometimes 95%, sometimes 99%. Other times it can be loaded successfully.
    2. When you're inside the game, loading pages that shows 'Wartune' loading word got stuck at times and no other button can be clicked.
    3. When you open tabs like Inventory, Slyph ..etc, you see the loading circle within and the graphic never gets updated after which you try to traverse to another screen, you get situation #2.

This especially happen after you've played 30-mins or so, roughly.
    When encountered the above, usually I'll just refresh, refresh and refresh until it gets back into the game normally.

It actually has an underlying problem, and it's not the game's fault.

The problem that I've seemed to found and resolve is actually to do with the browser's usage of Flash player.
    I have these browsers with me: Maxthon (Version 4.4.2.2) and Firefox (Version 32.0.2)
    PC OS: Win8.1, 64-bit.
    Flash Plugin: Version 15.0.0.152 (This is the latest version at time of writing), 64 bit.

(A) Things to do:
    1. Install the latest version of Flash - get this from Adobe's website directly.
    2. Find out in your pc, where the Flash has been installed, and locate the .dll plugin file. In my pc, it's located here: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder.
    3. Look for the file that has name starting with NPSWFyyxxxxxx.dll. The "yy" can be either 32 or 64, depending on you're installing the 32-bit or 64-bit flash player. The "xxxxxx" is the version number of this flash plugin.
    - In my case, the exact file name is "NPSWF64_15_0_0_152.dll" - means 64 bit of version 15.0.0.152.
    4. Remember where this file is.
    5. If you're using Maxthon - refer to (B).
    6. If you're using Firefox - refer to (C).

(B) For Maxthon:
    1. Go to where your Maxthon is installed and look for the subfolders starting ...<DIR>\Maxthon\Core\Webkit\Npplugins.
    - In my case, the folder is at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon\Core\Webkit\Npplugins"
    2. Inside this folder, see if you have (1 or more) .dll files that has name starting with "NPSWFyyxxxxxxx" and it is different from the one you saw in (A).3.
    3. If yes - rename all these to something else, for example original filename is NPSWF32_14_0_0_0.dll, rename it to "notused.NPSWF32_14_0_0_0.dll.x". Do the same if there are multiple files of such.
    4. Copy the file you found at (A).3 into this folder.
    5. At the end of this exercise, you should expect to have only 1 NPSWF...dll file that is in proper naming, all the rest should be already renamed to something else.
    6. Close your browser, restart pc (might not be necessary) and get into the game again. This solves the symptoms I mentioned aboave.
    Note: During the 1st time you log on, you might experience the loading as if you've just cleared all Flash/Cache memory 1st time loading. After that, hopefully you don't get the symptoms anymore.

(C) For FireFox:
    1. Check your FireFox's "Add Ons" to see if there are multiple "Shockwave Flash" being listed there.
    - Open the "Add Ons" page, and click on "Plugins". It will list down all the current Plug Ins being used by Firefox. There were 2 being listed in my case.
    2. If you have only 1 ShockWave Flash being listed - check to see if it's the same version as the one you saw in (A).3.
    - If yes - then your firefox should have no issue pertaining to what I'm trying to resolve.
    3. If you have more than 1 ShockWave Flash being listed:
    - Make sure 1 of it is the same latest version you saw in (A).3.
    - Disable the other older versions of ShockWave being listed. When you're doing this, my experience is when i disabled the older version, even the newer version gets disabled together as well rendering my Firefox without Flash plugin.
    - So this brings us to how to disable the plugin manually.
    4. Open a new tab of FireFox, at the URL bar, type "about: plugins" - this will list down all the plugins in details showing their file path, file name etc.
    5. These Shockwave plugins should be pointing at the same folder in (A).2.
    6. Go back to (A).2 folder, you should find there's more than 1 file there with name starting "NPSWFxxxxxxx.dll".
    7. For all these NPSWFxxxx.dll file that you see, leave the latest version intact, and rename all others to something else (like the (B).3 example).
    8. Once done, close all Firefox and bring it up again, check the Add-Ons -> Plug-Ins listing again. You should expect to now see only 1 Shockwave Flash plugin and it should be the latest version that you've installed.
    9. Get into the game again. This solves the symptoms I mentioned above.
    Note: During the 1st time you log on, you might experience the loading as if you've just cleared all Flash/Cache memory 1st time loading. After that, hopefully you don't get the symptoms anymore.

Disclaimer: I hold no responsibility if any of these steps screws up your PC/browser/game or if your PC somehow blows up in smoke in any way. Try at your own risk.

These steps were found from searching the internet here and there to solve the problem I've encountered. Am sharing here for anyone who might have similar symptoms in your game. Hopefully it helps and you get to enjoy it with less loading problems.

At time of writing, I've not had any loading problems for 2 days now even when i leave the browser more than 12-hours per day logged into the game.
    Good luck.

Thanks for posting, I'll play with this on my hubby's comp, mine doesn't have the issue. I'll post feedback on it here, and maybe other players can try it out too. If it works I'll link to it in my lag guides!

Comment

Thanks for posting this, and I just want to clarify a bit for those without superior tech skills.

Effectively you are saying that the different versions of Flash NPSWF file are the cause? Because you are replacing your Maxthon 32 bit with the Macromedia 64 bit version in your example.
      Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Any help for people using the client?

Comment

Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
          Thanks for posting this, and I just want to clarify a bit for those without superior tech skills.

Effectively you are saying that the different versions of Flash NPSWF file are the cause? Because you are replacing your Maxthon 32 bit with the Macromedia 64 bit version in your example.
          From what I've checked and seen, I'm suspecting the following are contributing to the problems:
          1. When there are more than 1 version of flash-plugin available, the browser misbehaves.
          2. Installing the latest version of the flash-player does not always "tell" the browser to use the latest version, so in order for the browser to "know" which one to use, it's by the steps above.

About the 32-bit vs 64-bit, my layman thinking was just basing on the thought that my OS is 64-bit, why would the flash-plugin in use is 32-bit.
          To this, before i finally copied the 64-bit version into the maxthon folder manually, originally the maxthon comes with the 32-bit version-14 flash-plugin. I've played under this condition and I'm still having the same loading problems intermittently.
          Then after comparing the latest Adobe's flash I installed, it's 64-bit version-15, I decided to try replacing this into maxthon.
          Apparently it seems to work and have not experience loading problems since.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
            Any help for people using the client?
            Sorry mate no idea .. am playing from Kabam .. didn't see any Client available for Kabam players.

Comment

Thanks again for posting this Iron. I'll give it a shot too with that 64-bit version too and update ppl with how it's performing.
              Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Originally posted by IronS3 View Post
                From what I've checked and seen, I'm suspecting the following are contributing to the problems:
                1. When there are more than 1 version of flash-plugin available, the browser misbehaves.
                2. Installing the latest version of the flash-player does not always "tell" the browser to use the latest version, so in order for the browser to "know" which one to use, it's by the steps above.

About the 32-bit vs 64-bit, my layman thinking was just basing on the thought that my OS is 64-bit, why would the flash-plugin in use is 32-bit.
                To this, before i finally copied the 64-bit version into the maxthon folder manually, originally the maxthon comes with the 32-bit version-14 flash-plugin. I've played under this condition and I'm still having the same loading problems intermittently.
                Then after comparing the latest Adobe's flash I installed, it's 64-bit version-15, I decided to try replacing this into maxthon.
                Apparently it seems to work and have not experience loading problems since.
                Seems that you can simply do a clean install of the newer version of flash, ensuring to wipe all the folders and having a new install, with it being much simpler for players. I already do this myself every couple months, and it's possible that is why I don't have the issue like other players do. What your recommendations are basically doing, is forcing an update of the files in question... which a clean install does as well, without players having to search for files and manually replace them.

As to the 64bit version of flash, I'm already using that, as well as a 64bit chrome, though I'm not certain their pepperflash is updated on it yet, so I leave it disabled. The clean install of flash is already recommended in my lag guide, and it's possible that players just aren't trying that as a fix... so hoping they read this thread and decide to try it.

Comment

What about the other Browsers.. i am using Comodo right now.. its doing good but the loading is still there and sometimes i stuck @ 50% and have to refresh.. maybe couple of times till it loads the game again.but this is not what i want anyway.. i want the loading players/items issues goes away can't play X server arena and BG that good.
                  Name: Executioner
                  Class: Critical Knight
                  Sylph: Hercules **
                  Server: S42 (Kabam)
                  Currently Battle Rate: 251K
                  Guild: Paradox

Comment

I don't get stuck only the endless loading of in game content (inventory/monsters/maps/etc) does this help as i don't feel like clearing cache for the 300th time already.
                    East coast archer.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl View Post
                      Seems that you can simply do a clean install of the newer version of flash, ensuring to wipe all the folders and having a new install, with it being much simpler for players. I already do this myself every couple months, and it's possible that is why I don't have the issue like other players do. What your recommendations are basically doing, is forcing an update of the files in question... which a clean install does as well, without players having to search for files and manually replace them.

As to the 64bit version of flash, I'm already using that, as well as a 64bit chrome, though I'm not certain their pepperflash is updated on it yet, so I leave it disabled. The clean install of flash is already recommended in my lag guide, and it's possible that players just aren't trying that as a fix... so hoping they read this thread and decide to try it.
                      Yes the end objective is that, to have the browser use the correct flash-plugin at all times. If by doing a clean install achieves that, by all means it will be easier.
                      However on my pc, having tried uninstalling all flash, all browsers and then reinstalling them back, it doesn't help. The newly install maxthon doesn't know / use the version-15 flash that i installed from Adobe and therefore my problem persisted.

Comment

Originally posted by mydnight0 View Post
                        What about the other Browsers.. i am using Comodo right now.. its doing good but the loading is still there and sometimes i stuck @ 50% and have to refresh.. maybe couple of times till it loads the game again.but this is not what i want anyway.. i want the loading players/items issues goes away can't play X server arena and BG that good.
                        The problem you're describing sounds similar to what I've faced previously... unfortunately i haven't use comodo before and wouldn't know much details of that browser as to where it stashes its plugins and all. You might want to google it and then incorporate the steps above knowing u need to just tell comodo to use the right version of flash, if ever it got mixed up by the older versions etc.

Comment

Originally posted by IronS3 View Post
                          The problem you're describing sounds similar to what I've faced previously... unfortunately i haven't use comodo before and wouldn't know much details of that browser as to where it stashes its plugins and all. You might want to google it and then incorporate the steps above knowing u need to just tell comodo to use the right version of flash, if ever it got mixed up by the older versions etc.
                          I already checked and i am using the last version of flash.. but meh that problem is theirs not mine as everyone have it with different browsers/Internet speed/PC etc.. and still not progress on fixing it.
                          Name: Executioner
                          Class: Critical Knight
                          Sylph: Hercules **
                          Server: S42 (Kabam)
                          Currently Battle Rate: 251K
                          Guild: Paradox

Comment

Originally posted by mydnight0 View Post
                            I already checked and i am using the last version of flash.. but meh that problem is theirs not mine as everyone have it with different browsers/Internet speed/PC etc.. and still not progress on fixing it.
                            I'm not entirely certain on how you concluded the problem is at the game, i did have connection issues earlier on but i find it's actually not the game's problem as well.
                            To check for connection problems:
                            1. Run ping test to the server i'm in: "ping -t s1003-wartune.r2games.com".
                            - If you have DNS issues, then that "s1003-wartune.r2games.com" won't get translated to become an IP address. To resolve the DNS issue, just point your DNS to a public one, i've seen many posts talking about this. (I'm using google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, btw)

2. When i had the connection problem, the ping test fails intermittently, every 2 returned packet will be followed by 3 timeouts, and it repeats in that manner continuously. Overall the ping result is only @ 40% or so, meaning 60% of the time my pc cannot reach the game. Under this situation, your game will take forever to load, if it even loads at all.
                            - And to note, while this is happening, i can still go to other sites, stream movies, fb ..etc etc as per usual, it's just not reaching this game for some reason.

3. I switched to use another provider (via a 3G connection) and the ping test is then fine, all ping packet returned perfectly @ 100% success rate, game loaded just fine.

So that tell me the problem is not residing at the game's end.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, but fact is what I've experienced tells me it's not always the game's issue. So might as well try to find out more at our side and see if it helps.

I still haven't downloaded any comodo browser yet to try playing with it, but if you're certain your flash-plugin is totally fine then this may not be the cause of your problem. Will need to look somewhere else. Good luck mate.

Comment

Working...
                            X