Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wartune needs to tighten up security measure to prevent hackers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartune needs to tighten up security measure to prevent hackers!

By nature I tend to be cautious. I never share my account and noone knows my password. I have strong security precautions in place and don't click on doubtful links! Earlier this evening someone tried to get into my Wartune. My security kicked in so they failed I am glad to say!

However it made me think that Wartune really should increase security precautions to increase safeguards for all. Some people have spent a great deal of money on the game, so at the very least R2 should make it more difficult for those who attempt hack to do so!

There are many different ways that this can be done! A double password is one possible suggestion. If people login from multiple dns addresses, email confirmation to validate also is a possibility. While most of the larger dns servers are safe and secure like Google, Opendns, etc, there are a few which are not! I am sure that you can think of other precautions that R2 could put in place, as it is also in their interest to do so...

I know that some do share toons and of course there is the risk of being hacked that way by a so called "friend!" However for those who don't share accounts it is not unreasonable to ask for a higher level of security then currently exists - Howie

• Draconan69
    replied
    Originally posted by Howie1 View Post
    The security wasn't breached thank goodness, as the attempt to get my password details was detected by my anti-keylogger program before I logged in! I have many security programs in place to add to my computer protection - My anti-keylogger program warned me before I typed in my Wartune password! I did a virus check right away using several programs. Although they showed all clear, to be on the safe side, I then restored an early backup of all my software and files. You are definitely right that it is prudent to change password often...

I am happy now that all is fine. For sure I would like to have as many additional security measures in place as is practical by R2!
    If you had a key logger logging your keystrokes, that is not something a game can or should be expected to prevent. I think you should really be concerned about more important stuff like did you make any internet purchases or check you bank balances or pay bills online prior to the key logger being detected.

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    a true hacker wouldn't have any problems, even with increased security

Leave a comment:

• Howie1
    replied
    The security wasn't breached thank goodness, as the attempt to get my password details was detected by my anti-keylogger program before I logged in! I have many security programs in place to add to my computer protection - My anti-keylogger program warned me before I typed in my Wartune password! I did a virus check right away using several programs. Although they showed all clear, to be on the safe side, I then restored an early backup of all my software and files. You are definitely right that it is prudent to change password often...

I am happy now that all is fine. For sure I would like to have as many additional security measures in place as is practical by R2!
    Last edited by Howie1; 09-25-2014, 06:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GM_Nami
    replied
    Originally posted by Howie1 View Post
    By nature I tend to be cautious. I never share my account and noone knows my password. I have strong security precautions in place and don't click on doubtful links! Earlier this evening someone tried to get into my Wartune. My security kicked in so they failed I am glad to say!

However it made me think that Wartune really should increase security precautions to increase safeguards for all. Some people have spent a great deal of money on the game, so at the very least R2 should make it more difficult for those who attempt hack to do so!

There are many different ways that this can be done! A double password is one possible suggestion. If people login from multiple dns addresses, email confirmation to validate also is a possibility. While most of the larger dns servers are safe and secure like Google, Opendns, etc, there are a few which are not! I am sure that you can think of other precautions that R2 could put in place, as it is also in their interest to do so...

I know that some do share toons and of course there is the risk of being hacked that way by a so called "friend!" However for those who don't share accounts it is not unreasonable to ask for a higher level of security then currently exists - Howie
    I would suggest filing a ticket with details of your security breach and maybe suggest having a GM look into the IP of the attempted breach. In the meantime i would strongly suggest changing your password often, until this can be looked into and further resolved.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X