No announcement yet.

Can you get in trouble for plundering?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see it more as a general discussion than someone trying to justify their actions. If he needs justification to plunder people, and even to plunder the same people again and again, then fine, I can give him that easily.

If someone has a lot of gold when you plunder them, then go for it. If they still have gold when you see them again and the time limit is up, then go for it again. If they move, or spend their gold, then another target is really a better choice than plundering them again cause the point is the gold right? As long as you're not plundering them for personal reasons, then plundering them just to get their gold is perfectly fine. They'll only be able to prove you're harassing them if you take it to extremes, and get personal with them on it. Though if you only ever hit the same person, when there's better targets out there, I can see a sympathetic GM wanting to get on your case about it, so I don't recommend that course of action just for kicks, go find another outlet somewhere for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nutsuka View Post
      I would say it turn harassment when that ONE player who keep plunder get whole guild or all friends against one player then gaming turn unpleased. Players who not like plunders can change map and spot and it's more hard find castle these days if not living wilds 24/7. Some people just plunder others cause they make lot noise after plunder to world chat like those who whine at bg get sure million attackers. Some people just hate each other but if wanna get surely rid of plunders go same guild, they cannot plunder own guildies.
      Nope, at that point, it's reaping what you sow. We kept all our language clean, and told them clearly what they needed to do to stop the plunders, as soon as they capitulated, we stopped. It was a very businesslike transaction, had we been reported for harassment, we had ample proof on who the real instigator was. Our wrath was fully warranted.

Comment

I would say it turn harassment when that ONE player who keep plunder get whole guild or all friends against one player then gaming turn unpleased. Players who not like plunders can change map and spot and it's more hard find castle these days if not living wilds 24/7. Some people just plunder others cause they make lot noise after plunder to world chat like those who whine at bg get sure million attackers. Some people just hate each other but if wanna get surely rid of plunders go same guild, they cannot plunder own guildies.

lol you should see my mailbox, i get plundered every 2 hours legit
        1 guild sends out search parties for me i swear, i dont keep gold on my anyway
        so doesnt bother me, just free protection so i can spend on astrals after wb
        IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
        Class: Archer
        Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
        Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Well player know itself when someone else cross line badly and it can be reported and then game admins or masters do what they do (not much usually if you not keep ticket live it will be closed before they even answer it) but I see it's harassment when someone turn all people against one, bring fights other areas and pick only 1 player with group. if it's 1vs1 it can be easy ingored if battles not have nasty words against each other after plunder.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
            lol you should see my mailbox, i get plundered every 2 hours legit
            1 guild sends out search parties for me i swear, i dont keep gold on my anyway
            so doesnt bother me, just free protection so i can spend on astrals after wb

and yes that's more like harrasment and pretty sad actions from nolife players.

Comment

generally, it's the nasty words that are exchanged that help support if it's crossed the line or not. Some players will have a vendetta against each other, and it can be okay, and this kind of game often warrants that behaviour, it's when it steps out of bounds that we have issues with it.

There's a lot of nuance involved, on one server, it might be perfectly fine for a one on one between two players, and on another, not. Every case is different. The scope of it would be a big marker for it... continuing after no real reason to, chasing them across continents, setting a timer to hit them again when their protection wears off, even if you know they have no gold, doing it ONLY to hit them... if your reason for that is to intimidate them somehow, then it's not as hard to say you've crossed the line.

Comment

even if plunders someone other side should know how write people they not write with computer they write with other humans and some are sensetive more or less some not, depends how world train you.
                Last edited by Nutsuka; 10-07-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

let's keep this discussion on topic, general instead of specific and less personal attacking please, it's an interesting one so far, and I'd hate to have to kill it.

Comment

sorry Mrs. Fly
                    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                    Class: Archer
                    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

I think those messages could have been there it was part show up how easly people get angry about things... like plunders then they insult other one. and it make more plunder etc. it was like show how you get people make more plunders and there never 1 side for personal fights need always 2.
                      Last edited by Nutsuka; 10-07-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

For what it's worth.. if you do go plundering the same person daily, even if it's not personal, then it's always fair game for that person to get angry with you, and to call on some buddies who can take you out to do so. They can also refuse to run mp's with you, convince others to refuse to play with you as well. It's a very interesting strategy to be the person who turns a server against them through bully type behaviour. (I've even seen players troll themselves into pariah status)

I'm all for the underdog in that case, just know, that if you do repeatedly hit someone, you're a perfect target for retaliations, whatever they may be. And if someone can make a harassment case against you... then you may want to consider cleaning up your act. Otherwise, you may find your game a lot less fun than it could be otherwise. But, let's be civil shall we???

Comment

Oh I see you removed those messages looking I speak myself now not for those 2, I think those could have been there it was part show up how easly people get angry about things... like plunders then they insult other one. and it make more plunder etc. it was like show how you get people make more plunders and there never 1 side for personal fights need always 2.
                          Yeah sorry, feel free to edit the first part out of your post, the rest was worth keeping.

Comment

anyways, I got the answer I was looking for...thank you all who had something smart to say for replying....

Comment

people will always have different views on this kind of thing, and those views come from personal experience, just because you can do something dont mean you should. people say its a war game anything goes, well guess what there are rules of engagement in RL war ..thats right rules, and if you over step the line you may find yourself in a war crimes court...hard to believe that not everything goes in war . anyway good discussion and i see we can now get city protection from guild wheel..i think its a great idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X