Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Which is the Best Internet Browser to run Wartune in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Which is the Best Internet Browser to run Wartune in?

My personal favorite is Firefox. It is quick to load, and I rarely ever have black boxes or extreme lag.
    Opera
    9.09%
    Internet Explorer
    13.64%
    Safari
    1.52%
    Chrome
    28.79%
    Firefox
    22.73%
    Torch
    0%
    Maxthon
    13.64%
    Comodo
    3.03%
    Netscape
    1.52%
    Other?
    6.06%

poll fixed, please vote!

Comment

Firefox runs the game well, but it's a memory hog.
      IE runs fine, but that scroll bar is really annoying.
      Maxthon runs it the best, and it's the only one with good enough memory management to run it on my laptop (only 1.5 GB RAM).
      Chrome runs it pretty well, but the big advantage is FRQc, which makes performance with lots of players on screen acceptable. I can get to the WB in less than 10 seconds, in other words.

If FRQc existed for Maxthon, there would be no question. In related news, Wartune desperately needs an option to turn off resting character animations (sylphs, flaming wings, glowing mounts, etc.).

Comment

well internet explorer works greatly for me but since black patches and lag in gb,wb and amy mine isn't fixed I use mini client

Comment

Maxthon for me

Have tried just about every browser on the market at one time or another and maxthon just FEELS a lot better.

Comment

Personally, i like firefox and opera. Firefox loads everything (only) slightly faster, but Ff's flash plugin has been getting worse and worse for easily the last 9 months to the point towhere the flash crashes every hour or so, where as opera can do all day if i wanted too.

Comment

Wartune Client. lol

Comment

Overall I've found that chrome works best but tends to build lag quickly requiring frequent refreshes.

For group arena and tok however ff runs slightly better. It also tends to stay stable for longer periods but loading new areas takes much longer.

When I'm grinding mp the order is refresh chrome to do DI, swap to ff for tok, swap to chrome for spire, refresh chrome for nirvana, refresh refresh refresh refresh....chrome for wilds(ff needs fewer wilds refreshes do to lag but it locks up easily, especially in full screen while using lights to hunt for 80 bosses so in the end I refresh slightly less in chrome in the wilds).

Comment

Dunno, I use chrome for everything because it is minimalist in design (and seems to beat or at the very least tie everyone in the speed and resource use categories). IE is bloated in both design and resource use as is Firefox. Maxthon is too bloated in design for me to ever use more than once; however, the one time I tried it seemed to be comparable speed-wise to Chrome.

I have never tried Opera.

Comment

I use Maxthon I used to play on Chrome but maxthon tends to lag less for me

Speaking of the Mini client does anyone know if Kabam servers will EVER get a mini client??

Comment

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Maybe, Kabam would have to either create one themselves or collaborate with R2 in order to get it done. Kong, Aeria, etc. (everyone but wartune(dot)com and R2) are in the same boat.
                      Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 10-06-2014, 05:04 PM. Reason: Why is the name of one of R2's partner platforms censored???

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                        Short answer: No.

Long answer: Maybe, Kabam would have to either create one themselves or collaborate with R2 in order to get it done. Kong, Aeria, etc. (everyone but wartune(dot)com and R2) are in the same boat.
                        Ok Ty this sucks Guess all other platforms other than R2 can just Hope that one day we will get one too :/

Comment

Macs are bit more limited in Browsers. Firefox works well and can run for a few hours before memory becomes and issue. I also use Safari at times mostly for testing just rule it not FF playing up.

DarkMeph
                          Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

my post mysteriously disappear and there was nothing offensive in there.
                            good job, mods.
                            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                              my post mysteriously disappear and there was nothing offensive in there.
                              good job, mods.

mine too, what do we do about this?
                              IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                              Class: Archer
                              Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                              Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                              but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Working...
                              X