weeks pass, nothing corrected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl View Post
    okay, but can you see the dilemma with it though? We say it's not caching and in trying to prove it show that it is. Now you're saying that it caches, but isn't using the cache, wouldn't that be less bandwidth than more? I can tell them, there's lag, and they'll get the devs to look, and the devs don't see it so think it's user specific. So yeah, while it's not up to us to show what's wrong for them to fix it, if we can't show that something IS wrong, how do we get them to take us seriously?

The taskmanager info showing flash using computer memory is nothing specific to wartune, so we can't really use that either... I'm would poke around with some other programs to see what's going on with it, but first, I don't have the issue like you guys do, and second... I'm not that familiar with what I'd be looking for.

I'm not giving up on this... I just need to wrap my head around something that works that we can point at, "this is the issue, this right here" and they can duplicate it...
    I am afraid you got it wrong . Caching is saving the files in your hard disk instead of redownloading them from the internet . This results in faster loading and less badwidth used as it reads from your hard disk which is faster and also does not consume Mb of your internet connection. Also i said let's assume it saves data to our hard disk as per your notice of it being saved in %appdata . If it does not read from them when needed but instead goes and redownloads everything then it is a mute point saving them there. What s the point of caching them there if next time data is needed it still redownloads instead of fast reading from that folder .So you see it is not working anymore as it used to. Older days it read from your hard disk no need for great badwidth no need for waiting for your inventory to load no need for anything. All of this before the major patch dont remember which one it was.

Comment

Originally posted by R24131631 View Post
      I am afraid you got it wrong . Caching is saving the files in your hard disk instead of redownloading them from the internet . This results in faster loading and less badwidth used as it reads from your hard disk which is faster and also does not consume Mb of your internet connection. Also i said let's assume it saves data to our hard disk as per your notice of it being saved in %appdata . If it does not read from them when needed but instead goes and redownloads everything then it is a mute point saving them there. What s the point of caching them there if next time data is needed it still redownloads instead of fast reading from that folder .So you see it is not working anymore as it used to. Older days it read from your hard disk no need for great badwidth no need for waiting for your inventory to load no need for anything. All of this before the major patch dont remember which one it was.
      Thank you for explaining. I was about to do it with a lot of angry words, I won't have to do this now. Also, this all started with patch 3.0 so, maybe go check what you broke around that time.
      Last edited by Eskendal; 10-12-2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

okay, but can you see the dilemma with it though? We say it's not caching and in trying to prove it show that it is. Now you're saying that it caches, but isn't using the cache, wouldn't that be less bandwidth than more? I can tell them, there's lag, and they'll get the devs to look, and the devs don't see it so think it's user specific. So yeah, while it's not up to us to show what's wrong for them to fix it, if we can't show that something IS wrong, how do we get them to take us seriously?

The taskmanager info showing flash using computer memory is nothing specific to wartune, so we can't really use that either... I'm would poke around with some other programs to see what's going on with it, but first, I don't have the issue like you guys do, and second... I'm not that familiar with what I'd be looking for.

I'm not giving up on this... I just need to wrap my head around something that works that we can point at, "this is the issue, this right here" and they can duplicate it...
        It's not hard to duplicate the issue goto a residence off their premises of their business and try to log into the game, then close the window out and just for the sake of "giving it time" try to log back in then load an inventory or try to goto sylph atoll. Perhaps they don't see the issue there, or mayhaps you're still on a server that's somehow behind patch 3.0 but the issue is there. And the frustrating part is that when a company is being paid by players, and don't start the whole "Yes but it's a free game you choose to pay rant." The lack of testing on the development team is atrocious. Just like this the new patch that's coming on this coming friday, I've already read of numerous bugs now as to if players are reporting them I have no clue as my server has yet to receive this patch.

Regardless the fact that something either server related or an issue with the cache not being drawn from in the case of loading something that is just making the game seem terrible. I shouldn't spend 2 minutes loading into tanks when it used to be instant (even on satellite internet.). The only thing that's really changed has been from R2's side, so they need to be the ones to look at their own change logs, heck even post the full change log for 3.0, not just the "Oh we fixed various bugs" but the whole thing so maybe someone around here who actually has a clue about computer software development could look and maybe point out the flaw and mistake R2 has made. I think from a customer stand point to fix a broken game that's been frustrating people for well over a month, that's the correct course of action of their part. Will they do it 99% chance not going to happen.

Simply put the customer shouldn't have to figure out how your product works, it just should. Yes I understand there can be minor bugs, but major ones that are very obvious should be corrected or the part of the content that is the root of the bug should be by-passed until the dev team can get it working properly.
        S435 Witchlight bluffs
        Valest [Guild: Valhalla] 212,000 BR Lv80-5.5 Imperial Dragon Knight (13k crit)
        39k BR *Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
          Thank you for explaining. I was about to do it with a lot of angry words, I won't have to do this now.
          No need for that . Firefly is trying to help at least . I will be available anytime to help on this because it is something that prevents me from enjoying this game . So anything we can do to get it fixed as soon as possible please

Comment

Originally posted by R24131631 View Post
            No need for that . Firefly is trying to help at least . I will be available anytime to help on this because it is something that prevents me from enjoying this game . So anything we can do to get it fixed as soon as possible please
            You know what makes me angry? It's the fact that the programmers should be the one explaining stuff to us and fixing things. It's like I hire a carpenter to fix my house, but, I'm the one explaining what to do. We shouldn't have to explain all that **** like we would explain to a 5 years old kid. It's their job, do what you have to do and fix the problem, stop blaming the players for your own mistakes.
            Last edited by Greenfireflygirl; 10-12-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
              You know what makes me angry? It's the fact that the programmers should be the one explaining stuff to us and fixing things. It's like I hire a carpenter to fix my house, but, I'm the one explaining what to do. We shouldn't have to explain all that **** like we would explain to a 5 years old kid. It's their job, do what you have to do and fix the problem, stop blaming the players for your own mistakes.
              Completely agree there bud but i have been playing here 2 years or more don't know and i have quit expecting some things from them.I never ask anything unless absolutely necessary because they have proven to me they don't care much. This situation here actually forced me to ask for some quick solution because i am on limited bandwidth per month ( 3g mobile broadband because of where i live atm for work ) . After patch 3.0 i went from letting my toon online even when i was away from home (and still having excess Gb at the end of the month ) to not even have enough to accomplish basic daily stuff in the game
              Last edited by Greenfireflygirl; 10-12-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Funny how this is an issue effecting the vast majority of players, but not mods or "mentors".
                Last edited by R2sucksbad; 10-12-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R2sucksbad View Post
                  Funny how this is an issue effecting the vast majority of players, but not mods or "mentors".
                  they get a non lag version. without it, they couldn't explain how the game should work
                  RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
                  Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

Plenty of the other mods and mentors get this issue, I just happen to be the one in here talking to you. (and trying to help - please don't shoot me cause you think I'm an easy target, I'll put my old siggy back up!)

Okay, so we're getting somewhere, the previous description was flawed... So now the wording you guys are using is a LOT more clear and better describes the issue... I still don't know how to show it to them where they can see it.
                    I don't get the issue cause I have a super fast computer and super fast net... it doesn't mean it's not there, it just means it's not affecting me. And it doesn't mean it won't get worse and start affecting me after a patch or two. But yeah, I get pms from you guys all the time asking about a fix... so let's keep working on it.

Current description:

The game is caching to the player's computers, but it is not accessing the cached data, instead it's using the data from the server every time you try to enter any instance. A best way to test this issue, is to log onto a server outside of the R2 Network, and on an active server. When on the server, open several instances, open your inventory, open your astral screen, then log out, completely out. Log back in again and see if it is loading these pages and instances normally, for the players, it's not. What the players see at this time, is that instead of accessing cached data from their computers, it's reloading graphics from the game, every time. This results in both the player needing to wait for these pages and instances to load, but also increased bandwidth use for the players, which for some, means additional fees from their monthly ISP.

That do it for you guys?

Comment

no cuz it dosent do it all the time just backpack tok mpd and tanks for me on a everytime i log in basis

it seems to use the cache data just fine for spire and dragon invasion .... its funny though cuz if i do do the same mpd twice before i log out the second one works like before and loads the instance and the lvls within fast . i wouldent even describe the problem as lag since i dont rly lag much at all its just the loading of things the first time that take a long time and uses bandwith everytime basically it loads a mpd like its the first time ive done it since a cache clear everyday

u can see that its doing something weird just look at the amount of data in ur cache compaired to what it was before the di patch (mine has like 10000 percent more data in it then it used to get after weeks of not clearing cache before the di patch

i just looked ive got 184011kb in my cache right now pretty sure before it would sit at like 500 or 5000kb and never rly go above that as long as u cleared cache after maintance im not sure what magically obscene number of kb everyone else is caching now? or maybe it would sit at 500 mb i dont know but it def wasent a number in the 100000's although im not a computer person rly so i dont know how many mb 184k kb is
                      Last edited by Dyanea; 10-12-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Plenty of the other mods and mentors get this issue, I just happen to be the one in here talking to you. (and trying to help - please don't shoot me cause you think I'm an easy target, I'll put my old siggy back up!)

Okay, so we're getting somewhere, the previous description was flawed... So now the wording you guys are using is a LOT more clear and better describes the issue... I still don't know how to show it to them where they can see it.
                        I don't get the issue cause I have a super fast computer and super fast net... it doesn't mean it's not there, it just means it's not affecting me. And it doesn't mean it won't get worse and start affecting me after a patch or two. But yeah, I get pms from you guys all the time asking about a fix... so let's keep working on it.

Current description:

The game is caching to the player's computers, but it is not accessing the cached data, instead it's using the data from the server every time you try to enter any instance. A best way to test this issue, is to log onto a server outside of the R2 Network, and on an active server. When on the server, open several instances, open your inventory, open your astral screen, then log out, completely out. Log back in again and see if it is loading these pages and instances normally, for the players, it's not. What the players see at this time, is that instead of accessing cached data from their computers, it's reloading graphics from the game, every time. This results in both the player needing to wait for these pages and instances to load, but also increased bandwidth use for the players, which for some, means additional fees from their monthly ISP.

That do it for you guys?
                        what i ve been trying to explain exactly . this issue never existed before patch 3.0 . Btw caching or not on our computers i dont know for sure but i know for sure even if it is caching (writing data )it doesnt read from there so it has to get fixed . In the old days once you got inside any mp or map it would never need to load anything again for that one because it had everything saved . Now it downloads everything as if it is the 1st time , every single time.
                        Last edited by R24131631; 10-13-2014, 12:47 AM.

Comment

lagging badly.

Comment

This thing should be a real priority for R2. It's increasing their bandwidth use, and that can get expensive.

Comment

im just glad that finally people concerned with this issue. 2 months ago i was actively complaining about this and people ignoring it to the point that a mod said i whined too much.
                              back to the topic, i think this is because the server sent a nocache/nosave request like youtube. if we can resolve this problem....
                              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Let's hope ...
                                East coast archer.

Comment

Working...
                                X