Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Casting Speed

Does pet quality affect casting speed?

Example, the enemy has an orange pet, and he "seems" to get his delphic off faster. Real mechanic, or rumour?

Thanks for any replies. Happy gaming.
    Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

In my experience, a higher BR character gets preference in cast speed when there's a tie. So someone with an orange sylph may seem to beat you consistently just because they get the tiebreaker. Lag is another big factor, since the delphic countdown will run slower if you're lagging, but that's not related to pet or character strength.

Comment

That could just be that the higher BR character (i.e. spent more money) is more likely to have a better computer and net connection (because more disposable income), which means less lag. Don't think BR affects ties. Also, if someone is "doubling" in slyph mode (aka the afk trick), they can get off moves more quickly, but that is due to queueing moves earlier, supposedly the cast time remains the same--they just get to stack multiple moves into the queue instead of just 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ecla2 View Post
        Does pet quality affect casting speed?

Example, the enemy has an orange pet, and he "seems" to get his delphic off faster. Real mechanic, or rumour?

Thanks for any replies. Happy gaming.
        Hello.First of all,there is no official information that sylph quality or br affects cast speed.
        Second of all,it's my personal opinion that it depends on the sylph.Assuming different sylphs have different cast speeds,just like the different classes in game,it would make sense that their delphics might have a different cast speed depending on what the sylph is,without having anything to do with the actual quality,just the class.

Third of all,there are a few other things to be taken into consideration: For example,when you awaken.Do you awaken right after you cast a skill in normal form,or you are just waiting for the button to light up and then hit awaken? Because,again,based on rumors and my personal opinion,that might affect the speed of which the next skill is cast after the awaken.

And,in the last case,it can also be affected by your computer set-up and internet connection.If you are lagging for example,then your skills will trigger slower.

I am sorry that I couldn't give you an exact answer on this,because there is not much official information we could relay to,but at least I hope I managed to give you a few things you could think about that might affect it except the sylph quality or br.

Have a nice day

Comment

Location plays a big part in casting speeds, the closer a player is to the home server the faster it will be.

This was the reason as to why I suggested to WT to slow down tok server modes, because alot of the times, as i'm sure nearly everyone reading this have noticed that the attack between player teams vrs. server tok/Spire teams, as well as MPD's can be as high as 4:1 ratio.

Indeed it is annoying to be playing arena, and have them attacking every 3-7 seconds while your just sitting there waiting on something to happen from your toon.
          Of course some of those matches dont quite seem right, almost like they are bot players.

Comment

I think it only depend on the Class type and the Time it takes u between skills, and ofc how much u lag
            Name: Executioner
            Class: Critical Knight
            Sylph: Hercules **
            Server: S42 (Kabam)
            Currently Battle Rate: 251K
            Guild: Paradox

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
              That could just be that the higher BR character (i.e. spent more money) is more likely to have a better computer and net connection (because more disposable income), which means less lag. Don't think BR affects ties. Also, if someone is "doubling" in slyph mode (aka the afk trick), they can get off moves more quickly, but that is due to queueing moves earlier, supposedly the cast time remains the same--they just get to stack multiple moves into the queue instead of just 1.
              I considered that, but I've also tested running two characters on two laptops at the same time. The higher BR knight will go first, even if on the slower laptop. It's not definitive by any means, but seems to match what I see in arena as well.

Comment

in solo arena AI always activate Delphic before me even if I sylphed earlier

Comment

i once tested fights in stamina altar, both using same skill, and the person who cast first was the person who challenged the other player to the fight, the person who just clicked 'accept duel' would always hit 2nd... not really sure what it says about cast speed in general but i thought it was a pretty weird/interesting result
                  Riamba

Comment

If something improves an effect, it is specifically mentions it in items info. If you equip a lion in place of pet then you have to change its casting speed accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                    X