Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block effectivity?

Hey...
    what u guys think: is block really that useless because of penetration now?
    Im thinking about changing block to enchanted regeneration.
    Especially for pvp that sounds very nice..
    Im totally not block build tho... full crit mage..
    Sooo... Block or enchanted regeneration?
    The colors, The grey
    The fire, The smoke,
    The lights, The dark
    To speak or to choke
    The words, That hurts
    The truth, The lies
    The wishpers, the noise
    Its blinding Your eyes.

Its still nice to dodge the full whack of damage, despite the HP gain from it nerf

Comment

I keep just enough now to ensure block triggers in my mpd and most of the time in di. Dropped my block astral for a more useful one.

Comment

Although there is no official information on exactly what penetration does, I've seen many times where block is triggering often. As for which astral you should use, that is a personal preference on how you would like to run your character.

Comment

Feel like block isn't very good unless you have a lot of it from gems. I plan on switching over when I have a full set of lvl 11 block gems (should be 15k ish block with med), will still skip the astral though--so many better options.

Comment

As archer i love knights that barely (or never, better) block anything.
            They are perfect.
            East coast archer.

Comment

I think penetration is not working at all.. Block still procs quite a lot to me... I would rather ditch mdef and pdef astral for a block astral...
              Right now, I do not use mdef and pdef astral - patk, gb, block, sniper, deter, and regeneration... I still win lots of battles.

For knight, even though the block heal is nerf, i think it still helps a lot.
              Imagine your knight blocked 10 times in one battle - that is already 30k hp healed, already made a lot of change in the tide of battle without you noticing it...

Comment

Block is still very effective in pvp and pve, much more so than regeneration, if you have a good enough block rate. For pvp, regeneration isn't really that great; I swap it out for deflection when I remember. You need block & regen for a lot of pve situations, though, so you should have them both.

Comment

When everyone starts getting +40k pdef and mdef from Holy Forge I can see block being much more useful.

Comment

Fact is it just doesn't take a lot of block to have it trigger constantly unlike crit.

Comment

12800 Block and i block 9 out of 10 Attack
                      I'm Cupcaked ! My Account got hacked and some cupcaker sold every thing. Blah !!!
                      and R2 Not helping with restoring the account. Sweet, This is what i put tons of money here .

Comment

thinking of switching all MDEF gems into BLOCK and having like 10K or so block . can i have some opinions pls ?
                        been playing for a while wartune ......

Comment

Originally posted by phans123 View Post
                          thinking of switching all MDEF gems into BLOCK and having like 10K or so block . can i have some opinions pls ?
                          I used block gems for a while, had about 8k block. Barely ever proced for me in PVP. I'm 90% sure that block will process less when facing stronger opponents. So IMO block is useful only when facing similar or lower BR opponents. Still I will change back into block as my def gets higher. Top chinese players have about 20k crit and 20k block with 7k+ penetration, so it's pretty obvious block plays a major role.
                          IGN: AncientEvil
                          Server: EU-271+merged
                          Class: Archer
                          Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

In my experience as I've grow it seemed that block lost some effectiveness when penetration came out. I had about 6k block at the time and went from blocking around 50% in pvp to almost never. When I increased my block thru 10k(thanks to the gem events) it has gone back to roughly the same levels. Although I didn't do the actual numbers I have been advising my guild to have a target block rate of 10k to expect results.

Comment

simple.... penetration decreases the block CHANCE by x amount. say u have 2k penetration, then block is decreased by 2k. still doesn't mean they won't block, just they have 2k less. so james mcbacon and his 12800 would be 10800 block, still meaning he can block huge .... not complicated. I dont run block myself anymore and I'm a mage. Just doesn't seem worth it when i can gain 50k hp with regen astral. thats about 1/3 of a delph on me, and very game winnign. I still won't eat my block astral though as cw relies on br to win ties.
                              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Working...
                              X