X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArnaudBo
    started a topic from wartune to chaosrune

from wartune to chaosrune

arena, battle ground, guild battle, cross guild battle.
    this game is now a chaos war.

• FufuBunnySlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by akisakura View Post
    I cannot belive ppl complain about chaos (that takes loads of runes to upgrade it at a decent level and is %chance based) and ignore the HS level differences after last patch.
    Pretty trivial for any established player to max chaos. Just grab runes from the sc exchange for one month or two and it's maxed, ezpz. Only downside is that you're giving up working on other runes, runes that are useful outside of group arena, GB, and CSGB.

Most people commenting so far on this thread are likely lvl 80 with maxed HS, so it doesn't come into play at all anymore. Moreover, campers have only themselves to blame for HS issues. Easy way to "fix" it: level to 80 and max HS.

Leave a comment:

• akisakura
    replied
    Chaos rune can be negated by any class not only mages with puri.
    Knights can use shield/rune to negate the chaos duration of 2 rounds. None of those can be stolen by chaos as they are individual not party wide skills.
    I guess archers have it a bit tough but they can manage as they also have rune and choices.
    I cannot belive ppl complain about chaos (that takes loads of runes to upgrade it at a decent level and is %chance based) and ignore the HS level differences after last patch.

Im lvl 64 and my max HS is way under old 64 players that had it leveld pre-patch. This means I get stunned every time by a player same lvl as me as is 18 points vs 23. Chaos is not game braking but HS difference is.
    Chaos is last on my problem list.

Leave a comment:

• Caballero1321
    replied
    Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
    Both, actually. We're talking about slightly different things.

A mage who uses puri when chaosed, will never affect himself (the same as BL). Even if he purifies the rest of his team, he will not receive the effect.
    However, the puri rune, if it doesn't get stolen by chaos, will purify the player using it as well as other members of his team.

It can still be stolen, however, which was my point; while Zorich's point is the two lines above.
    Hmm...
    I used to heal my entire team (including me) while being chaosed.
    Chaos on puri, sunto and BL seem to have 3 different options:
    1. Doesn't work at all.
    2. Works partially (caster is excluded, but his team is affected).
    3. Works fully (enemy team gets puried, healed, applied sunto).

On topic:
    Chaos rune irritates me ever since they made it avilable for everone. I didn't mind being ocasionally chaosed in group fights.
    Now, we happen to fight the same enemies and once we lose with a slight difference, then we win even before sylphs mode.
    Chaos made things totally random. Sylphs and Chaos surely killed the PvP aspect of the game when enemies are of similar strength, but on the other hand, enabled lower ones to win over way stronger ones with some luck.
    Last edited by Caballero1321; 10-15-2014, 12:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FufuBunnySlayer
    replied
    Both, actually. We're talking about slightly different things.

A mage who uses puri when chaosed, will never affect himself (the same as BL). Even if he purifies the rest of his team, he will not receive the effect.
    However, the puri rune, if it doesn't get stolen by chaos, will purify the player using it as well as other members of his team.

It can still be stolen, however, which was my point; while Zorich's point is the two lines above.

Leave a comment:

• Kingryan
    replied
    Zorich said that puri rune can remove the chaos effect off yourself... then Fufu said the other thing...which is really true?

Or, possibly, does puri rune similar to heal rune and brutal rune and agoran shield in which chaos effect does not work?

Leave a comment:

• FufuBunnySlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorich View Post
    Chaos is easily handled. Yeah, a Mage with Puri can clear it, unless it's on the Mage himself. The best thing is a L10 Puri Rune on a Knight or Archer. It's a Fast-Action and unlike Puri (the spell) the Puri Rune can clear Chaos off yourself, and can be used on Awakening / In Sylph Form.
    Chaos is easily cleared with the marriage skill. Using puri rune and a mage using puri only work well if the player carrying the rune or skill are not chaos'd. Moreover, run into teams that throw 4 chaos on round 2 and then 4 more at slyph. Really annoying since it seems to chaos 2-4 people at the start and whoever is still alive at the end.

It's less about beating your opponents, in group arena, than making sure you're not killing your teammates. That just seems silly to me.

cash→brute force→win
    I agree with you mostly here. I do wish they'd fix mars will (i.e. affect aoe dmg correctly aka not at all, and removable by SS/purge/Haunt) as that one is seen a lot in arena as well. Strategy does overcome pure BR, as long as the BR is still remotely close. Also, a balanced team of all 230-280k should do better than a team of 2x 280k+, and 2x 200k (or lower), but that doesn't always happen.

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    Advanced Guardian is where it's at if you ask me. I'm at 54% DR when I use it and I can take delphics from Orange Sylphs and just keep smiling. If opponents don't react to their targets popping guardian and still speed-awaken & blow their two best skills out of the gate while guardian is still up - they deserve the loss.

this^ if you have ever seen elias CW videos, you can see it makes a huge difference

Leave a comment:

• Zorich
    replied
    Originally posted by dwmedia View Post
    Chaos = Group Arena, GB, Cross GB
    Amnesia = all 1 vs 1 battel etc BG, CW, Solo Arena etc where is only 1 vs 1.
    Rage rune = WB, Gods Decent, Necropolis

the other runes is just a secounds runes some man mix, Purfication for Spire lvl 21 if no mages.
    Gurdian Runes a secounds
    HP Rune a Secounds one if man not use both Chaos and Amnesia.

is how am use it.

BG, CW am allways remove troops, becouse if them cast chaos is 0% chance to work even if its proccs becouse has no troops to kill, and troops is so easy to kill is normaly one luntic or fire storm etc for kill it so make it pointsless to have troops.
    You shouldn't remove your troops, you should set them to 1. If you remove them, you lose your Enlightenment bonus. If you keep them set at 1, you get it in full, and your troops will be dead before you can use a power anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Zorich
    replied
    Chaos is easily handled. Yeah, a Mage with Puri can clear it, unless it's on the Mage himself. The best thing is a L10 Puri Rune on a Knight or Archer. It's a Fast-Action and unlike Puri (the spell) the Puri Rune can clear Chaos off yourself, and can be used on Awakening / In Sylph Form.

Amnesia can be a pain - but if you're grouped with a marriage partner and have that fast-action heal along with a queue'd action - you can get rid of Amnesia fast. And it clears on awaken as well - so it's fairly meh in that regard.

Advanced Guardian is where it's at if you ask me. I'm at 54% DR when I use it and I can take delphics from Orange Sylphs and just keep smiling. If opponents don't react to their targets popping guardian and still speed-awaken & blow their two best skills out of the gate while guardian is still up - they deserve the loss.

Brute force is working less and less as people are catching up. The insane gem and whip events have made moderate and even light cashers get close to maxing stables, getting L9+ gems and having multiple max runes - things the heavy cashers paid tens of thousands of dollars to do just 8 months ago. Even with the Sylph events I've got a nearly-free (I did buy boxes to get Divinity Shards to evolve) Hades that's 2-star purple and over 65k BR. I didn't pay to get it, and I've never bought Mahra / Sep directly. Some people who had their Orange Hades a week after they came out dropped the equivalent of a 2014 Mustang GT into that pet .

For a long time the brute-force method of cashing to increase BR was an iWin button. It's becoming less so. A well rounded group of 230k - 260k BRs can wreck opponent groups of 300k+ BRs. I know, I've been part of it. We have no orange pets. We don't have max stables. We just use skill combos and strategy, and it's not easy for a lot of the high BRs to adapt to that. It's almost like they've got a routine, and they won't deviate from it. Which is fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• dwmedia
    replied
    Originally posted by ArnaudBo View Post
    arena, battle ground, guild battle, cross guild battle.
    this game is now a chaos war.
    Chaos = Group Arena, GB, Cross GB
    Amnesia = all 1 vs 1 battel etc BG, CW, Solo Arena etc where is only 1 vs 1.
    Rage rune = WB, Gods Decent, Necropolis

the other runes is just a secounds runes some man mix, Purfication for Spire lvl 21 if no mages.
    Gurdian Runes a secounds
    HP Rune a Secounds one if man not use both Chaos and Amnesia.

is how am use it.

BG, CW am allways remove troops, becouse if them cast chaos is 0% chance to work even if its proccs becouse has no troops to kill, and troops is so easy to kill is normaly one luntic or fire storm etc for kill it so make it pointsless to have troops.
    Last edited by dwmedia; 10-13-2014, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    guardian is where its at

Leave a comment:

• FufuBunnySlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by kimwong View Post
    for chaos, there is chance that you still attack your opponent
    for amnesia, there is chance that not blocking your next few skills

they require lots of runestone to lvl up (~20000 from 1 to 10), if only do tanks you need 500 days to max it, by considering this I would say the effect is proportional to the investment.
    No...amnesia always works at lvl 7+. Chaos still has the fail chance, I think, even at lvl 10, but I'm not sure.

Chaos is about as **** a mechanic as deflect (in group pvp anyways). Punish you for being stronger than your opponents, but what can you do, eh?

Originally posted by R272123321 View Post
    Max advanced bleed will make a showing as soon as people start to get it
    Nah, bleed's pretty much obsolete except in very long fights. HP values are too high for 11k/turn to hurt much, especially in group play. Throw up sun and you'll outheal it.
    Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 10-13-2014, 12:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArnaudBo
    replied
    Originally posted by kimwong View Post

they require lots of runestone to lvl up (~20000 from 1 to 10), if only do tanks you need 500 days to max it, by considering this I would say the effect is proportional to the investment.
    i have chaos level 10. in arena, i'm only using it against team who are using it against me.

Leave a comment:

• kimwong
    replied
    Originally posted by ArnaudBo View Post
    at least with stun (many people complained about it for a long time) there was a protection possible. with chaos and amnesia, nothing possible. just need luck to have a mage who purify.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X