Xbattle finals= resust for "awesome" matching sistem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbattle finals= resust for "awesome" matching sistem

Just how is it possible for a 5 mil br guild to get inDiamond Group finals, in Euro zone ?!
    If the point is about the strongest guilds shouldn t the final be between the STRONGEST and not some lucky matching ?
    Maybe someone will learn from this stuff and modify the preliminary sistem for next event
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Finals.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1758294

Agreed. Prelim matching was CupCaked.

West Coast USA here so we haven't had our final round yet, but this is what I'm lookin' at:

Click image for larger version

Name:	csgb rank.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1696945

Our guild is down there in 10th because we had to fight #1 in 2nd round of prelims. Any one of 3rd thru 6th we would destroy, but yet, unless we win tonight we won't even make diamond group.
    Last edited by xEvilMunkyx; 10-12-2014, 07:55 PM. Reason: My bad Green, lol shouldda CupCaked it from the beginning. :)
    Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

Originally posted by xEvilMunkyx View Post
      Agreed. Prelim matching was ******.

West Coast USA here so we haven't had our final round yet, but this is what I'm lookin' at:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]108222[/ATTACH]

Our guild is down there in 10th because we had to fight #1 in 2nd round of prelims. Any one of 3rd thru 6th we would destroy, but yet, unless we win tonight we won't even make diamond group.
      I have to agree with you on that. Those guilds rank 4,5 and 6 shouldn't been there (the guild at rank 3 could had been in the diamond group, but not as rank 3 lol). That force great guilds to be kick from the diamond group when they clearly belong there. It's a shame than either your guild or my guild (I'm from W.E.FAMILY) will be kick out of the highest reward group :/

P.S. : Good luck for tonight
      Last edited by Greenfireflygirl; 10-12-2014, 07:41 PM.
      Lunay - Knighted knight
      23.25M BR
      Guild : SHIELD
      West coast server r2 S38

Comment

I guess they wanted ti to be different from the way regular GBs or CW f.ex. are matched up, but the way they did it just forces the top guilds to cannibalize each other way too early. Any system that allows the finals to be easier for a top guild than the prelims, while leaving half the top guilds out of the highest groups seems...off.
        Crushing mice is good for the soul...

Comment

Matching blows, but after this season ends all we'll have is guilds ****** their BR to get a more "ideal" match. Which really isn't hard to do with how the BR ranking works either.

Comment

Originally posted by xEvilMunkyx View Post
            Agreed. Prelim matching was CupCaked.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]108222[/ATTACH]

Quit crying about matchups. Class wars has never been fair matchups, BG doesn't make fair matchups, the game is not meant to be "FAIR"
            you fight who you fight. Congratulate these guys who got above you or leave them alone all together.
            Archer hoarder

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
              Matching blows, but after this season ends all we'll have is guilds ****** their BR to get a more "ideal" match. Which really isn't hard to do with how the BR ranking works either.
              How will the guilds who took in all of the server look when they boot out those players to try and get better matchups? I sure hope that doesn't happen. Everyone deserves a fair chance to play
              Archer hoarder

Comment

like i said before, we need more prelim matches so only the true strong guild earn the rankings rightfully. 4 prelims would only cover 32 guilds, and yet the participants are more than a hundred.
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
                  How will the guilds who took in all of the server look when they boot out those players to try and get better matchups? I sure hope that doesn't happen. Everyone deserves a fair chance to play
                  Kicking isn't the only way to lower your BR lolz, the CS GB rankings records the BR from the day (server ranking) when you signed up, so day before if top players strip gear they'll go down quite a fair amount. I know myself stripped I can drop ~100k or more just by myself now do that 10, 20, 100 times for every member and you have a monster guild with fluffy bunny matchups.

Comment

Kicking isn't the only way to lower your BR lolz, the CS GB rankings records the BR from the day (server ranking) when you signed up, so day before if top players strip gear they'll go down quite a fair amount. I know myself stripped I can drop ~100k or more just by myself now do that 10, 20, 100 times for every member and you have a monster guild with fluffy bunny matchups.
                    Yes, this is a good point and our leaders will use EVERY advantage they can get to win because it is that important to them. It is sad, but true. No matter how they match up people, cheaters will always find a way to gain an advantage. I like the method of matching even though it did not work out in our favor.
                    Archer hoarder

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                      like i said before, we need more prelim matches so only the true strong guild earn the rankings rightfully. 4 prelims would only cover 32 guilds, and yet the participants are more than a hundred.
                      No, Sir, you are wrong. Even if what you said were to turn out.... doesn't mean the top 4 strongest 40 will win 1-4. Nothing R2 or wartune has ever done is "fair" to match up system. BG's have unfair matchups, GBs have unfair matchups, Class wars(sylph wars) has unfair matchups.... what makes you think just because you stack your team like we did, that you deserve top few ranks?

The lottery-type system actually has lots of advantages and will keep more people playing longer on Wartune.
                      Archer hoarder

Comment

Winning is a big stroke to the ego, having your guild name branded onto every single NPC in cloud city. Of course people will use and abuse every method they can to get in there.

Comment

Winning is a big stroke to the ego, having your guild name branded onto every single NPC in cloud city. Of course people will use and abuse every method they can to get in there.
                          Yes and it should be a goal to hope to accomplish....... however, doing ANYTHING it takes to win.... that's just not very good sportsmanship, fair play, or honest people. Unfortunately, on our server, anything it takes to win is practiced by many.
                          Archer hoarder

Comment

Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
                            Yes and it should be a goal to hope to accomplish....... however, doing ANYTHING it takes to win.... that's just not very good sportsmanship, fair play, or honest people. Unfortunately, on our server, anything it takes to win is practiced by many.
                            Can't really compare wartune to sport to have a need for fair sportsmanship, dunno any sport which matches up top teams in first round only to have no name teams in finals.

Only thing that could fix prelims is if it had more weeks maybe, that way losing 1 fight wouldn't instantly drop you from top 3 to top 50 and actually "working" on a set goal would mean something.

As it stands the only goal top guilds can strive for is not losing a single match else they're boned.

Comment

well its weird to see weaker guilds in higher rankings. so yea am sure guilds gonna abuse this. Difference with cw is that it matches with someone who has equal wins, with cs gb its wins, points, than br. if they fix that less guilds will strip before registration. we;ve lost the first gb and got 3 easy matches after that, we ended in top 16 barely, because we lost with high points.

am happy we reached that, but its weird to see the huge differences between guilds.

Comment

Working...
                              X