No announcement yet.

Xbattle finals= resust for "awesome" matching sistem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as i was trying to exsplain to people on my server but wouldnt listen with the way matching works in this it pays to have a low br guild full of powerfull players rather than a huge guild with lots of people not getting in 5mil br guild with 40 people over 200k br would do better than a 16mil br guild with lots of people not getting in

Comment

The 5mil BR guild fought the guilds ranked closer to them. They beat the first 4mil guild they fought. Then the 5mil guild they fought. Then they beat the 6mil guild and finished it off with the 6.5mil BR guild. Meanwhile the 12mil guild fought the 15mil guild first and lost, then won the other three. The 5mil guild won all four fights so they're in. It is the strongest guilds. They were the strongest of the weakest tier. And the guild BR numbers are random.

Comment

BigBadWolf artofwar rank 5 euro server woohoo
        I've never been to America but I've been in some states

Comment

Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
          Quit crying about matchups. Class wars has never been fair matchups, BG doesn't make fair matchups, the game is not meant to be "FAIR"
          you fight who you fight. Congratulate these guys who got above you or leave them alone all together.
          Quit trying to troll, I wasn't crying, was simply stating the matching system is freaked like every thing else in this game.
          Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

yup problem is old server and new server matching would be good just an idea

Comment

Originally posted by xEvilMunkyx View Post
              Agreed. Prelim matching was CupCaked.

West Coast USA here so we haven't had our final round yet, but this is what I'm lookin' at:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]108222[/ATTACH]

Our guild is down there in 10th because we had to fight #1 in 2nd round of prelims. Any one of 3rd thru 6th we would destroy, but yet, unless we win tonight we won't even make diamond group.
              More shocked at how there is only 5 pages for your region xD

Comment

Originally posted by daunzey View Post
                More shocked at how there is only 5 pages for your region xD
                That's because R2 isolates their PST servers. The only ones that play outside of their own region is the Prelaunch servers and they fight ************'s Prelaunch servers so there's 30 guilds total in that one as well.

Comment

Matching blows, but after this season ends all we'll have is guilds ****** their BR to get a more "ideal" match.
                  Kicking isn't the only way to lower your BR lolz, the CS GB rankings records the BR from the day (server ranking) when you signed up, so day before if top players strip gear they'll go down quite a fair amount
                  The NAwest guild up there in 6th has about 2x the BR as they show in rankings. So that totally happened.

Comment

Originally posted by xEvilMunkyx View Post
                    Agreed. Prelim matching was CupCaked.

West Coast USA here so we haven't had our final round yet, but this is what I'm lookin' at:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]108222[/ATTACH]

Our guild is down there in 10th because we had to fight #1 in 2nd round of prelims. Any one of 3rd thru 6th we would destroy, but yet, unless we win tonight we won't even make diamond group.
                    Our guild should have also been in Diamond group. The system ranking wasn't really random as it stated in the Guide information sent out prior to the MT we suffered for this addition to gameplay. IF it was randomly set we would have been Diamond group throughout prelims. We were in 4th place as of second prelim battle total, then matched with 3rd place. If it was random matching we would have faced any other guild but those solely placed one above or below our br. Which each battle was determined by the one guild above or below our current ranking. There was no random setting to this system as we were told in the guide and information given. Now due to the not so random matching, we sit out of Diamond entirely over one loss. And at that, we are out of Diamond over a point system that was glitched in our third battle for prelims. In week three, we were shown as the blue team in map and in conquers for totems held and towers, but on the totalling of points on the top of screen we were the opposite and suffered a loss.. Feeling a bit put off by that loss as it maybe shouldn't have been a loss in the first place. The system is screwed needless to say, but nothing we can do now but enjoy what we can get. R2 needs to take what they screwed up on this go and hopefully by the next one we have a more efficient system. I agree certain guilds in Diamond group should not be there, including a fellow guild from our own server who we beat weekly in gbs in no more than 15 min. Its sad to think we all had hopes to actually go against all the top guilds in this game, and instead many of us have been treated unfairly. I agree it should be the top br in the top seated positions of the tiering system, but if they are going to do that, they need to accomedate each tier with its own broken down rewards fitting those that place in the top three of each tier. In that way, it can b a more fair use of this csgb, but until something can be figured out to correct the issues with this system, we all have to suck it up, or as many would say stop cashing for extra br before any of these events, as that is what R2 counts on.
                    Server 391-Snow Fortress
                    Minx Lvl 80
                    Guild: Eternity, Guild Master

Comment

They really need to fix the matching system in X-Server GB. There's a really easy way to do it programmatically too. They just need to use an intelligent scaling model. I implemented one of these over two decades ago in a MUD that ran player tournaments, where we'd have anywhere from 200 to 400 entries in a given period. It's just a simple bracketing system with basic match-replacement rather than one-and-done.

Firstly, you keep it even. Entries are taken in bulk-sets of 16, with a minimum of 4 Sets of 16 (64). So lets say we had 219 teams sign up. That would be 13 Groups of 16 (208 Teams) with 11 Teams (The lowest BR teams) getting a refund and maybe some consolation prize equivalent of a last place finish throughout the tourney. Then you start creating your groups.

Rather than have a 16-team group that's all the highest BRs, since we've evenly divided the # of guilds outright, we start placing the top 13 BRs each as the #1 seed in it's own bracket. Then the next top 13 BRs are the #2 seeds, populating in reverse order, then the next 13 are #3 seeds populating in normal order, and the next 13 are #4 seeds, populating in reverse order - and so on. This creates (in this example) 13 brackets of 16 Teams each that all have relatively equal strengths across the seeding.

Then you play out for Preliminaries.

Match 1, Preliminary Round 1 - Team 1 vs. Team 16
                      Match 2, Preliminary Round 1 - Team 2 vs. Team 15
                      Match 3, Preliminary Round 1 - Team 3 vs. Team 14
                      Match 4, Preliminary Round 1 - Team 4 vs. Team 13
                      Match 5, Preliminary Round 1 - Team 5 vs. Team 12
                      Match 6, Preliminary Round 1 - Team 6 vs. Team 11
                      Match 7, Preliminary Round 1 - Team 7 vs. Team 10
                      Match 8, Preliminary Round 1 - Team 8 vs. Team 9

Match 9, Preliminary Round 2 - Winner Match 1 vs. Winner Match 8
                      Match 10, Preliminary Round 2 - Winner Match 2 vs. Winner Match 7
                      Match 11, Preliminary Round 2 - Winner Match 3 vs. Winner Match 6
                      Match 12, Preliminary Round 2 - Winner Match 4 vs. Winner Match 5
                      Match 13, Preliminary Round 2 - Loser Match 1 vs. Loser Match 8
                      Match 14, Preliminary Round 2 - Loser Match 2 vs. Loser Match 7
                      Match 15, Preliminary Round 2 - Loser Match 3 vs. Loser Match 6
                      Match 16, Preliminary Round 2 - Loser Match 4 vs. Loser Match 5

Match 17, Preliminary Round 3 - Winner Match 9 vs. Winner Match 12
                      Match 18, Preliminary Round 3 - Winner Match 10 vs. Winner Match 11
                      Match 19, Preliminary Round 3 - Winner Match 13 vs. Winner Match 16
                      Match 20, Preliminary Round 3 - Winner Match 14 vs. Winner Match 15
                      Match 21, Preliminary Round 3 - Loser Match 9 vs. Loser Match 12
                      Match 22, Preliminary Round 3 - Loser Match 10 vs. Loser Match 11
                      Match 23, Preliminary Round 3 - Loser Match 13 vs. Loser Match 16
                      Match 24, Preliminary Round 3 - Loser Match 14 vs. Loser Match 15

Match 25, Preliminary Round 4 - Winner Match 17 vs. Winner Match 18
                      Match 26, Preliminary Round 4 - Winner Match 19 vs. Winner Match 20
                      Match 27, Preliminary Round 4 - Winner Match 21 vs. Winner Match 22
                      Match 28, Preliminary Round 4 - Winner Match 24 vs. Winner Match 24
                      Match 29, Preliminary Round 4 - Loser Match 17 vs. Loser Match 18
                      Match 30, Preliminary Round 4 - Loser Match 19 vs. Loser Match 20
                      Match 31, Preliminary Round 4 - Loser Match 21 vs. Loser Match 22
                      Match 32, Preliminary Round 4 - Loser Match 23 vs. Loser Match 24

In addition, you skew the value of earlier rounds, thus preventing teams from taking an intentional loss early to try and capture 2nd place by winning out their last 3 on an "easy" schedule. This type of round handicapping is fairly common and effective. In this situation, with 10,000 Earned victory Points attainable in a battle, this would be the points awarded for each round:

Round 1: Earned Victory Points + 12,500 Points to the Winning Team.
                      Round 2: Earned Victory Points + 4,500 Points to the Winning Team.
                      Round 3: Earned Victory Points + 1,000 Points to the Winning Team.
                      Round 4: Earned Victory Points.

For those of you numbers geeks like me, plug this into Excel as I did. See how it works. It's simple and effective. Match 25 in the Preliminaries will always decide the #1 Team coming out of the Bracket at 4-0 (so your goal is to get there, and anyone can) - and the Loser of #25 and / or the Winner of #26 at 3 Wins and 1 Loss are the only two with a shot at the 2nd Spot, despite the Winners of Matches #27 and #29 both being 3-1 as well, they took losses in earlier rounds that will prevent them from taking an "easy road" to the finals because of the bonus points distributed by round for Winning.

When Preliminary Rounds are complete, you populate a new 8-team Bracket or 16-team Bracket as your Finals Bracket. You'd go the 8-team Bracket Model if you have 8 or less Brackets (128 Teams or Less) in the Prelims. If there was more than that, you use the 16-Team Bracket Model. This is easily implemented, and the 8-team model already exists in Guild Battles.

In the situation above where we have 13 Brackets, the 16-team model is used and 3 #2 seeds will slip into the Finals. If we had more than 16 Brackets, some #1 Seeds would be pushed down to the 2nd finals Bracket. In the situation of this game, I'd imagine that would be a tiebreaker based on BR. Simple Enough. Pertaining to Wartune you'd have a Diamond Bracket (16), Gold Bracket (16) and Silver Bracket (16) and the rest (160) in the Iron Bracket.

THAT would create an intense set of Finals of teams with similar strengths. Yes, some team would pull upsets here and there and you'll see a 3 or 4 seed, maybe even a 5 to 8 seed creeping into a final now and again - but mostly it would be nothing but intense battles of equals that have meaning.

Comment

Because of how matching was set up - these are the teams that were most likely to get into the Diamond Group:

#1, #17, #33, #49, #65, #81, #97 and #113.

The fact of the matter is that only 1 team from #1 thru #16 could get 4 Wins. Just as only 1 Team from #17 to #32 could get 4 Wins, and so on.

So Teams 2 through 16, despite all being the top X-Server Guilds who should have been able to populate the Diamond and Gold groups, got shut out taking that 1 loss be it in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th Round to another top-16. The best they'll do with one loss is make it into Silver Group, even if that lone loss is to the #1 Guild Cross Server.

I'll tell you this right now - if this is how it's going to be again next time, I think our guild might just fully undress and remove alts the day the rankings are set for X-Server GB. We can drop from our current 20 Mil Guild BR to about 8 Mil.

I just hope it doesn't come to that.

Comment

Love this! and agree Zorich, our guild is awaiting to see what changes come during the break, whether it be a week or more in between CSGBs as to how we will proceed. We are willing to strip for loss in strength if it means for a more advantageous way of placing correctly in ranking. Your model is spot on and I wish they would consider it. Also we suffered our loss with even a in-battle glitch on our third prelim. Not happy about loss of points from it to attirbute to the loss either, but that is another matter altogether. Good idea and fully agree.
                          Server 391-Snow Fortress
                          Minx Lvl 80
                          Guild: Eternity, Guild Master

Comment

Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
                            How will the guilds who took in all of the server look when they boot out those players to try and get better matchups? I sure hope that doesn't happen. Everyone deserves a fair chance to play
                            coming from the guy who said "the game is not meant to be "fair", just one post earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                              Because of how matching was set up - these are the teams that were most likely to get into the Diamond Group:

#1, #17, #33, #49, #65, #81, #97 and #113.

The fact of the matter is that only 1 team from #1 thru #16 could get 4 Wins. Just as only 1 Team from #17 to #32 could get 4 Wins, and so on.

So Teams 2 through 16, despite all being the top X-Server Guilds who should have been able to populate the Diamond and Gold groups, got shut out taking that 1 loss be it in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th Round to another top-16. The best they'll do with one loss is make it into Silver Group, even if that lone loss is to the #1 Guild Cross Server.

I'll tell you this right now - if this is how it's going to be again next time, I think our guild might just fully undress and remove alts the day the rankings are set for X-Server GB. We can drop from our current 20 Mil Guild BR to about 8 Mil.

I just hope it doesn't come to that.
                              Agreed, and it's sad.

Comment

Next next it will be different. Guilds will strip before signing up the night before. going to have 14 mil BR guilds fighting 6 mil BR guilds next time just because we know how it works now. Then i guess 7 road will fix it in about 6-7 months? That is about how long it took them to fix class wars ranking system.

Comment

Working...
                                X