X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kravet
    started a topic battleground

battleground

I know we have that 5 min cd for leaving a bg. But tell me where it is fairess to give us 5 min cd, when we get matched with like me im lvl 74 and get matched with an 80 bg.
    I think if you get matched wrong, there should be no cd.
    Feal free to say what you want, but this is my opinion.

• bakuryuuha
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
    When the BG icon is up you can view your PvP points there.
    Oh thanks. Didn't know that.

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
    bakiakrauaahara are you still 180k br
    or are you just lazy
    I've been too busy with RL to update my Sig. My br is more of 1 and 2/3 times of 180k now...

Leave a comment:

• Wraithraiser
    replied
    Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
    well...i still kill anything that moved unless it kills me...but i do it more for the weekly pvp points since now i cannot check how much i need for the 1k...though I do try to aim the ones that are camping my team or carters but sometimes everyone's in battles so I just make do with the living moving targets that arent aiming my team's players specifically. Although when I'm in the mood, I do strip and offer free honor from time to time. So probably best to avoid me unless I'm shouting free kill in current chat in bg :P
    When the BG icon is up you can view your PvP points there.

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    bakiakrauaahara are you still 180k br
    or are you just lazy

Leave a comment:

• bakuryuuha
    replied
    Originally posted by windies95 View Post
    umm 130k BR and lv5 Di in the same sentence????? you are joking right

as for 80 BG..... 2-3 weeks ago all the monsters killed anything that moved
    but now lot of 80s have maxed honor and are VIP 9. Also don't mind donating
    80 G was peaceful before new honor ranges. everyone just do the 2 kill trade.

Its probably easier now in the 80 bracket than any other. something to think about
    well...i still kill anything that moved unless it kills me...but i do it more for the weekly pvp points since now i cannot check how much i need for the 1k...though I do try to aim the ones that are camping my team or carters but sometimes everyone's in battles so I just make do with the living moving targets that arent aiming my team's players specifically. Although when I'm in the mood, I do strip and offer free honor from time to time. So probably best to avoid me unless I'm shouting free kill in current chat in bg :P

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGuardingDark View Post
    A level 35 in a 35 to 44 BG, upon entry to the BG, one person uses hundreds of XP scrolls to level to 50+.
    oh, i did that on my last day in 50s bg levelling to 60
    no perks except extra astral slot really

Leave a comment:

• windies95
    replied
    Originally posted by Bleeck View Post
    Nirvana and DI are almost always impossible for a team of below 140k br players(they are that low for a reason after all) to complete. Pushing players that are not ready for the top levels there faster leads to more burnout from the top players on a server and the lower players quitting. We have a 130kish mage in our guild that has a very hard time getting DI as between his low br and his lag the group he runs with has recently failed to get rewards from level 3, let alone clear level 5 like they would if one of our stronger players helps.
    umm 130k BR and lv5 Di in the same sentence????? you are joking right

as for 80 BG..... 2-3 weeks ago all the monsters killed anything that moved
    but now lot of 80s have maxed honor and are VIP 9. Also don't mind donating
    80 G was peaceful before new honor ranges. everyone just do the 2 kill trade.

Its probably easier now in the 80 bracket than any other. something to think about

Leave a comment:

• TheGuardingDark
    replied
    whats the circumstance?
    A level 35 in a 35 to 44 BG, upon entry to the BG, one person uses hundreds of XP scrolls to level to 50+.

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGuardingDark View Post
    A level 44 doesn't have access to HS, Sylphs or Templars as these all unlock at level 50.

A level 35 (Except under one exceptional circumstance) will never be in the same BG as level 50+

whats the circumstance?

Leave a comment:

• TheGuardingDark
    replied
    Originally posted by Bleeck View Post
    There will still be campers but at least a level 35 won't end up in a bg with a lvl 44 that has a maxed hs, strong sylph and templars.
    A level 44 doesn't have access to HS, Sylphs or Templars as these all unlock at level 50.

A level 35 (Except under one exceptional circumstance) will never be in the same BG as level 50+

Leave a comment:

• Bleeck
    replied
    Since not part of the same rant it gets a new post...

Why not make bg every 5 levels. 30-34, 35-39, 40-44 and so on? There will still be campers but at least a level 35 won't end up in a bg with a lvl 44 that has a maxed hs, strong sylph and templars.

As it stands now a player is going to have a very hard time in bg due to the xp reductions making it impossible to hit the hs cap. The current situation is that from lvl 54 until at least level 74 it's very easy to lose honor unless someone takes many extra months camping, avoiding xp(no tok, mpd, or spire) and very slowly building up br.

Leave a comment:

• Bleeck
    replied
    I can see a lot of reasons for not wanting to level up to 80 as soon as you hit 70.

Most importantly although the insig and crypt token requirements have been dropped for getting 70 gear you still need to collect 1600 legendary stones. Assuming you get your LL nm and lvl 70 boss every day this can take up to 100 days without cashing or wasting csgb rewards on stones. I know you can buy stones from the guild shop but gold is needed for so many other things you will suffer if you pick this option.

Honor is a big key as well. Good luck earning any honor in the 80 bg if you haven't taken the time to build your toon correctly. As a level 80 with a maxed hs I would have no issue using it to beat a super cash lvl 79, especially for someone not vip9. My server has plenty of players that have ignored honor to the point they are unable to get weapon, armor... shards and therefore have no reasonable option to make the 70 gear. I'm sure everyone has seen a few lvl 80, 80k br players and wondered why they even bother anymore.

Nirvana and DI are almost always impossible for a team of below 140k br players(they are that low for a reason after all) to complete. Pushing players that are not ready for the top levels there faster leads to more burnout from the top players on a server and the lower players quitting. We have a 130kish mage in our guild that has a very hard time getting DI as between his low br and his lag the group he runs with has recently failed to get rewards from level 3, let alone clear level 5 like they would if one of our stronger players helps.

As GM what I recommend to my players is that before they leave level 74 and get stuck in the top bg the targets are: 140k br, 7 of 8 lvl 70 pieces leg, HC title. Of course we all know that being GM is as easy as herding cats so I'm sure everyone is familiar with the "I can't get help" due in large part to over leveling.

One last thought. I understand that having players spend $1k a month on a game looks very good on paper but over the course of a year each server might get 1-2 that actually keeps up the spending levels. A better income model is to try to get 50 solid players per server that average $50 a month. By removing the uber cash option you actually end up with more people playing and spending as build types are just as important as the wallet. Pushing every player to level means that you are left with only uber cashers who will still struggle to compete when they reach that 80 bg.

Leave a comment:

• kimwong
    replied
    level 80, 140k br, non vip
    im getting 600 honor per bg, not many kills, just pick the ones you can beat and avoid everyone else
    its not impossible, harder than it used to be, but not impossible
    same, lvl 80, 210K BR, VIP-only casher

easily getting 1000+ honor from a 10 min BG

no one tell you to pick the monster lol

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    Originally posted by Draconan69 View Post
    Honor.

For most once you hit 75 obtaining honor in a BG is near impossible w/out high level VIP.
    level 80, 140k br, non vip
    im getting 600 honor per bg, not many kills, just pick the ones you can beat and avoid everyone else
    its not impossible, harder than it used to be, but not impossible

Leave a comment:

• Draconan69
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl View Post
    I can't see any reason that once you hit 70, that you wouldn't want to level up to 80 to do the advanced class, Dragon Invasion is a LOT of fun, and offers some really really great prizes.
    Honor.

For most once you hit 75 obtaining honor in a BG is near impossible w/out high level VIP.

I am currently low 70s and will not go above 74 until I am Lord Divine at least. Because once I hit 75 BG will not only be a death trap where I will have to fight players that have been playing since the game opened but also all the mega cashers with low honor. With my suggested ranking it allows a player to still have a chance in BG once they hit 75, or even level 80 and still getting HS up while they can before advancing class.

I know a few players that raced to 80 and advanced class, and now all they do is enter BG just over 5 min before the end to get the 30 or 90 honor because leaving the spawn is risking losing honor 400 at a time, and the risk compounded by the, not being able to raise their HS.

But even ignoring campers and slow levelers it still takes time to level, particularly if you raise your Talents to match your level, longer than any other of the level ranges.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X