No announcement yet.

turn off messages obtaining lv. 3 gems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is something that should have been done many months ago. Literally no one cares that some other player has obtained one of the most common items in the game. The whole thing is a relic of the Wartune 1.5 era when Lvl1-3 Gem Pack were only given out occasionally & in small numbers at a time. Now they're given out by the thousands in events every month and the devs seem too lazy to just remove a single chat announcement to reflect the current game conditions.

This is far from the only example of "congratulations" messages being outdated (for example when opening Spire chests the "congratulations" come for Lvl9 Luck Stones...which are arguably the least desirable Spire reward other than Shadow Crystals on account of their being easy to come by from other sources), but at least the other ones don't generate lag and disrupt everybody's chat conversations with hundreds of lines worth of the same worthless message.

Comment

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....emove-add-info vote please.....
      need your support, guys

Comment

Since almost our whole server just missed a sylph atoll boss because of this...you'd think you might want to stop it impeding game play? How else but system announcements can we tell that event is happening? And, if someone launches opening 10K gems packs in the course of a few minutes, the announcement just scrolls off the screen. Nice going, guys!

Comment

was just doing atoll boss and was in 4th place....gem packs were opened...people dcd due to lag we finished 7th. REMOVE THE GOD DAMN GEM PACK CONGRATS
          "You're the darkest burning star, You're my perfect disease"

Comment

since all players got better...that kind of thing are not special anymore...i would understand the level 5 gem in 1-5 but not 1-3...

remove this one as well pls:

completed level 100 of catacombs;
            misfortune in undergrounds
            unique item buy in wilds shop (it appaears in the wild shop as well so why in the chat?)
            Saypontigohe (Guildleader nr. 4 Expandable) S37 Europe

Comment

Originally posted by say-forum View Post
              since all players got better...that kind of thing are not special anymore...i would understand the level 5 gem in 1-5 but not 1-3...

remove this one as well pls:

completed level 100 of catacombs;
              misfortune in undergrounds
              unique item buy in wilds shop (it appaears in the wild shop as well so why in the chat?)
              ------------------------------------
              1 mount training whip from guild blessing
              any level of luck stones from any source
              orange/red astrals that do not drop for the first time for that player
              Here, fixed the list for you and even still forgot some of the useless spam probably.

Comment

Even better are the wb spammers.

On my server we have a large number of accounts that are either dead or mostly inactive now. Those people gave their account info to someone else which as we know is in violation of the ToS. The active player then opens one of these alt accounts before wb and spams the lvl 3 gem packs. Said active then refreshes their account with no notifications and very little lag. Sadly this is done by players in the top guild which my guild has no hope of catching on server. Basically they just do it to hurt others.

I'm not one to care if someone shares info to help out while someone else is on vacation or to recharge a friend's account but using an alt to actively disrupt other players in this manner is just plain rude. Removing gem pack spam is an easy way for this issue to be corrected without having to worry about banning the large cashers that use it.

Finally to add to the list...
                100 insig from lucky draw, funny as it's the worst drop for many players.
                Orange map finds, expletive casher is all I think when I see this.
                Anything from guild blessing.
                VIP wheel, hey I just got a ton of gold, come plunder me now. Although seeing someone actually get a high level gem there can stay as we all know it's impossible.
                Level 5 gems from gem packs, they are almost as common as the 3s during the right events now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeck View Post
                  Finally to add to the list...
                  100 insig from lucky draw, funny as it's the worst drop for many players.

Orange map finds, expletive casher is all I think when I see this.
                  -Happens rare enough not to be worth to remove it imo.
                  Anything from guild blessing.
                  -Socketing rods can stay, they deserve a grats for a long time playing.
                  VIP wheel, hey I just got a ton of gold, come plunder me now. Although seeing someone actually get a high level gem there can stay as we all know it's impossible.
                  -Nooo, the come plunder me now part is actualy pretty helpful!
                  Level 5 gems from gem packs, they are almost as common as the 3s during the right events now.
                  -remove the 4s from those, but the 5 are ok I think
                  Looked at my wheel 4 or 5 times now...still can´t find Insignia even anywhere close to useless considering there are luck stones, mount whips and sc on there.

Comment

every time this gem spam **** goes off in chat saying all these people won these lvl 3 gems " which i don't care about" the game pauses and lags till the spam is over then guess what? someone else wins more and it happens again. NOONE CARES WHO WON GEMS !!! THESE SERVICE MESSAGES SHOULD ONLY BE SEEN BY THE PERSON WINNING THEM, STOP MAKEING OTHERS SUFFER LAG BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE WON GEMS !!! at least make a way to turn off chat or service messages.

Comment

Originally posted by ComingCurse View Post
                      Looked at my wheel 4 or 5 times now...still can´t find Insignia even anywhere close to useless considering there are luck stones, mount whips and sc on there.
                      Once your server hits the 1 year mark you'll be buying crystaloids with that insig unless you fail to get a decent arena team. As of now I can still use whips, the SC can be turned into whips, the luck stones and skele keys can be sold directly. Basically once you get the 70 set legendary you only need enough insig a week for your medallion and maybe some endurance pots so worthless. The same goes for socketing rods. Any intelligent player moves before they open a ton of vip tokens. Wait until you have people openning 10k 1-5 gem packs for the next event that has those.

The point is that these are all messages that I don't really care to see since they just make it harder to follow guild chat.
                      Last edited by Bleeck; 10-17-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Yep, I can see your points ofc, just saying that i think the other ones mentioned are more pain in the rear end. I would not cry if those you mentioned are gone yesterday but the other ones are really just stupid and should be gone first in my book.

Comment

Working...
                        X