Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Buying a Laptop with Wartune in mind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a Laptop with Wartune in mind

The current laptop i am using is running out of life and im looking around for a new one already but im looking for one that would be best to play wartune on. If i didnt have to bring my computer to school i would get a tower but im not stationary enough to do that so i am asking my fellow wartuners what they think is best in terms of laptops and playing online.

Looking for a not so expensive one too.

Quadcore, at least 2.5ghz intel i5 or i7, 16 gb ram, dedicated gfx card(geforce m series for example), small ssd main drive, and capable of running 1920x1080 resolution is what i would mainly look for...you can add the ssd later, but it helps a lot with loading speeds of the operating system and all programs

Main problem with laptops is that you have to fork out quite a bit more cash to get good performance, compared to a desktop :/
    Last edited by gruntar; 10-19-2014, 04:25 AM.

Comment

I'd never actually thought the type of laptop you buy will affect your gaming experience. Just buy a laptop you're familiar with and one you can get used to pretty quickly, that's what I'd do. I have an Acer which runs Windows 7, and I have to admit I've never experienced any kind of major problems when playing Wartune in terms of lagging, freezing, glitches and whatnot. I'm not an expert at computers and what type of computers do what, so I can't be of much help but I hope I'm able to at least give you some kind of guidance =D Best of luck, ol' chap.
      Welcome to R2 Games:
      The land of awesome people, trolls, spammers and the quiet people whose names you don't quite remember. Unless they are a Mod!
      I...Am...Hungry...I...Shall...Be...Back...By...The...Time...You...Count...The...Full...Stops...!
      "Thou trolleth! Thy shall greet death herecome morning! I haveth no idea what I am sayeth!"

Comment

Originally posted by R26266781 View Post
        The current laptop i am using is running out of life and im looking around for a new one already but im looking for one that would be best to play wartune on. If i didnt have to bring my computer to school i would get a tower but im not stationary enough to do that so i am asking my fellow wartuners what they think is best in terms of laptops and playing online.

Looking for a not so expensive one too.
        icore7 with 8GB ram at least, then u need a great internet speed.

Comment

I find this whole thread amusing. Specially the part where .....well every part lol. Instead of spending money to buy an I7 with 8GB RAM and dedicated GFX card (for a flash games seriously????) , better just cash in and buy a cheaper laptop. You'll have the same lag but it doesn't matter since you'll win by simply auto-attacking.
          IGN: AncientEvil
          Server: EU-271+merged
          Class: Archer
          Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
            I find this whole thread amusing. Specially the part where .....well every part lol. Instead of spending money to buy an I7 with 8GB RAM and dedicated GFX card (for a flash games seriously????) , better just cash in and buy a cheaper laptop. You'll have the same lag but it doesn't matter since you'll win by simply auto-attacking.
            not true lol. 1k dollars wont make u stronger in game, u would need 10k at least....
            And if u want a new laptop, what can hurt to get one that can run wartune nice?

Comment

I didn't think the kind of laptop you invested in had any kind of effect in terms of your gaming experience and overall performance. Lmao, I guess even the millionaire cashiers who probably own the laptops that were made yesterday still experience the same amount of lag that everybody else does. ^^
              Welcome to R2 Games:
              The land of awesome people, trolls, spammers and the quiet people whose names you don't quite remember. Unless they are a Mod!
              I...Am...Hungry...I...Shall...Be...Back...By...The...Time...You...Count...The...Full...Stops...!
              "Thou trolleth! Thy shall greet death herecome morning! I haveth no idea what I am sayeth!"

Comment

Does the new laptop you are looking at come pre-installed with a unlimited credit card?
                Its the only way a new computer will make a difference.

Comment

I have a piece of fun borwn stuff laptop, and it runs wartune fine, it's 6-7 years old. then I have a new acer one, runs wartune just the same. Yes I do lag, but that's cause of my internet connection and not so much computer. I have 2gb, 4gb and 8gb on my 3 main comps, and it lags equally on each

Comment

On a serious note here: at home I have an Athlon II quad core, 8GB RAM, GTX 650 OC,etc ,etc. But a rather old HDD... meaning to buy a SSD for a while now. Anyway... at work I have a crappy core duo with 2GB RAM, built in graphics card and a brand new HDD. Does it run Wartune smoother than my home PC? Well...sort of. So I'm pretty confident to say that SSD trumps RAM, or graphic card. Sure a good CPU will always help when multitasking, but reading info faster ensures smooth gameplay, regardless of the game.
                    IGN: AncientEvil
                    Server: EU-271+merged
                    Class: Archer
                    Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

From what I've seen it's much less important how much memory or how many cores than what operating system you are running. I have had 2 guildies recently get new computers that run windoze 8 and they are slower than the older machines running 7. The 7 year old single core desktop I have here running linux and ff is also far faster than a new comp with 8.

Comment

so facts people dont realise about browser bassed games flash player will and always will only reconise a single core no matter how much of its being used always on one core of your processor, browsers such as google crome ( love it to peaces) when first installed are installed as a 32bit browser so will only ever use 4gigs of memory tops ( builds up over time via flash player useage longer ur browsers open even with nothing open the more rams used till it caps out at 4gigs ) graphics card isnt so important with flash player games could pic up the cheapest one on the market and it would still only use about 3% of the graphics card.

personally if i was building myself a new pc which i am pritty soon but not only for wartunes i play a large selection of games which grows with more good games coming out

i7 proccessor ( proberly overclocked)
                        16gigs of ram (minimum im going for 32gigs )
                        decent graphics card ( im proberly going to get duel titan z's ( pure overkill but 4k resalution games look so sexy)

Comment

On a serious note here: at home I have an Athlon II quad core, 8GB RAM, GTX 650 OC,etc ,etc. But a rather old HDD... meaning to buy a SSD for a while now. Anyway... at work I have a crappy core duo with 2GB RAM, built in graphics card and a brand new HDD. Does it run Wartune smoother than my home PC? Well...sort of. So I'm pretty confident to say that SSD trumps RAM, or graphic card. Sure a good CPU will always help when multitasking, but reading info faster ensures smooth gameplay, regardless of the game.
                          nice info. all of time im always thinking that RAM is the most important hardware.
                          Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

You shouldn't be spending the money on the laptop for wartune. You can probably get a desktop computer that is very decent (build it yourself) AND a laptop to do your school stuff on for the same price as one of the gaming laptops. Just go for a laptop that is bare minimum and put your money into a tower that you can continue to upgrade as you need. Faster computers need more space, they generate more heat, require more power and cooling and have more transistors, you'll never get an equivalent laptop to a desktop when the components inside are chosen to get the best bang for your buck.

If you play any games at all that require heavier graphics and the like, then you'll need a quad core... I recommend this anyway, so your computer is more versatile and you don't find yourself needing to upgrade it again in a year so you can run a program you want to. A cpu for a desktop is pretty equivalent to its counterpart in a laptop, but cpu isn't the be all and end all of what you need to get the best out of your computer.

As to a graphics chip... you might not need it at all for Wartune. I have an i7-4770k and it's integrated graphics chip is more than adequate to run the game. I only run into issue playing newly released big games like Watchdogs. You can set graphics to low in these kinds of games and get some gameplay even still... but for wartune, I haven't needed a separate chip. You wont need it here either, it's not the gpu causing the lag issues. Laptops... are very hard to get that you can put in a dedicated chip. It's expensive, and takes up a lot of room... think money right here.. lots of it. Not to mention that gpus for laptops are no where near as good as what you can put in a desktop.

I have 16GB RAM. I don't need this much for Wartune. I don't even need this much for Watchdogs really, but I do use my computer for graphics rendering and my kid uses photoshop pretty heavily. (THIS is where I'm needing the GPU) I think 8GB is reasonable if you'll consider building it yourself, you can get some really really great deals on RAM, and it's not a lot more expense to get 8 over 4, unless you're buying premade... then it's expensive. I also second the SSD if you build your own. Power supply matters too...

If I were to buy a laptop equivalent to the desktop I built myself, I would need to spend about 3000$. I spent about 1100$ on my rig. It's definitely worth shopping the deals this time of year, Cyber Monday is just around the corner.

Some sites you should check out, even if you do go the laptop route. (and I think you should scrap that and build and just get a cheap laptop to run school work, it'll last you for longer)
                            http://pcpartpicker.com/ Is an absolute must... If you're buying premade or making your own, it has links to all the sites for comparison shopping, as well as reviews of what is offered for sale. (check them on amazon for reviews too) but if you ARE building your own, it has a button that lets you check compatiblilty between components, making sure it all fits in the housing nicely, AND that they work well together.
                            http://dealhacker.kinja.com/ and http://lifehacker.com/tag/dealhacker will help you find the stuff that goes on sale as soon as it does. (great for things other than computers too) This time of year, the cyber monday sales start early... keep checking it daily and plugging the components into your build, I spent 1100 on my computer, but saved about 400 shopping the sales.
                            http://www.newegg.com/ check their sale page daily about now too, and sign up for their newsletter, they will have big sales this event period
                            http://www.passmark.com/baselines/index.php Check the benchmarks of the systems or components you're thinking of getting here. If you do a lot of gaming, you'll need high end. My cpu is rank 54 I think... pretty sure I'm good for a couple years without upgrading anything, just need to add the gpu this year.
                            http://www.tomshardware.com/ is great for reviews.... it also has a really awesome forum, you can ask for help choosing, or building a rig yourself. (and in case you're worried, it's NOT hard to build one yourself. What IS hard is trying to replace a part in a laptop without frying it. I did have a gaming laptop... the power supply was fritzing out on me, and just trying to replace the cord fried the motherboard. That doesn't really happen much in a desktop when you're upgrading or repairing)

If you're dead set on a laptop... then get the bare minimum... and know that you're still gonna have lag. It's not worth it really to invest in a laptop only for reduction of some lag, your money is better saved towards building your own desktop at a later time when you can. But right now... if you're anywhere that you can take advantage of Cyber Monday sales... the time is right to do it and get more for your money.

Comment

Why the Cupcake someone need to buy New Laptop for this Cupaking game ?
                              pff you guys are out of your mind, PLAY THE GAME, DON"T LET GAME PLAY YOU !!!!
                              I'm Cupcaked ! My Account got hacked and some cupcaker sold every thing. Blah !!!
                              and R2 Not helping with restoring the account. Sweet, This is what i put tons of money here .

Comment

Working...
                              X