Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The resource guy in BG should not be killable.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest harder to kill + immediate respawn

Comment

i'd vote leave it as it is. They should change the BG system instead of changing the RO because the RO is not the root of the BG problem. Having dryads isn't a solution either. Some poor new player who leveled too fast to lv 80s BG can stack 10 dryads and still be unable to kill many of the monsters there. They should remove the respawn cooldown, remove the penalties on honor from dying (after all having a penalty just makes ppl want to avoid PVP which is the whole pt of BG if you ask me). What they should do is add a balancer buff. Nullify all gears, mounts, sylphs and whatever bonus stats you get from anything other than a player's base stats (bonus abilities like regen astral or 50% rage reduction shouldn't be nullified though, just the stat bonuses). Then take the strongest player and weakest player and calculate the average and add a debuff/buff to all players depending on whether they fall in the stronger than average/weaker than average. Then let everyone duke it out and whoever wins more gets more pts and hp and troops are auto replenished for free after each battle since everyone is fighting on an equal footing now. New players have a better chance this way against old players and what really matters is PVP skill, experience and a bit of luck on the astral proc. Also awakening to sylph mode won't add any sylph stats so this way even an unevolved white sylph has the same chance against an orange sylph fully enchanted and evolved. The only bonus older players get are the extra astral abilities like regen or illusion or deflection that doesn't affect one's stats or the ring's 50% rage reduction on next skill or talent proc. This way everyone will get into the PVP fighting with equal zest and ppl who don't like fighting can still cart for lesser gains.
      IGN: Athena
      Guild: Warriors
      Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
      Class: Archer
      Difficulty Level: Noob
      BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
        it should be closed because there is nthing of importance, just another butthurt who gets beat in bg and complains, like all the other bg threads
        I think this is a good reason for the mods to ban you from the forum. If you can't treat other people with some respect, you should not be able to say anything in here

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
          i'd vote leave it as it is. They should change the BG system instead of changing the RO because the RO is not the root of the BG problem. Having dryads isn't a solution either. Some poor new player who leveled too fast to lv 80s BG can stack 10 dryads and still be unable to kill many of the monsters there. They should remove the respawn cooldown, remove the penalties on honor from dying (after all having a penalty just makes ppl want to avoid PVP which is the whole pt of BG if you ask me). What they should do is add a balancer buff. Nullify all gears, mounts, sylphs and whatever bonus stats you get from anything other than a player's base stats (bonus abilities like regen astral or 50% rage reduction shouldn't be nullified though, just the stat bonuses). Then take the strongest player and weakest player and calculate the average and add a debuff/buff to all players depending on whether they fall in the stronger than average/weaker than average. Then let everyone duke it out and whoever wins more gets more pts and hp and troops are auto replenished for free after each battle since everyone is fighting on an equal footing now. New players have a better chance this way against old players and what really matters is PVP skill, experience and a bit of luck on the astral proc. Also awakening to sylph mode won't add any sylph stats so this way even an unevolved white sylph has the same chance against an orange sylph fully enchanted and evolved. The only bonus older players get are the extra astral abilities like regen or illusion or deflection that doesn't affect one's stats or the ring's 50% rage reduction on next skill or talent proc. This way everyone will get into the PVP fighting with equal zest and ppl who don't like fighting can still cart for lesser gains.
          Like this suggestion, would be similar to how tanks work. Tanks is very fair since almost everyone has same tank now and the team that wins is just the one that played better or got lucky on special weapon grabs. This is assuming fair from the start and all members playing to win of course

Comment

this wont work. I played some games like Guilds wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online what promise to have this function but in the end the monster players still alot stronger. Not talking about all the programming work. Its not bad idea but u cant really bring that in the game

Comment

I respect this answer, and can agree myself but, this is how bg has been since I've been playing this game. I really don't see them making a major overhaul on the bg system anytime soon.

But fixing this one little minor thing that drives some players crazy isn't too much to ask for. Since the beginning of this thread there has actually been some very good ideas that I think would lead to a good compromise and be acceptable for the players who have taken the time to respond and vote.
              For instance, instead of making the guy unkillable,as I suggested in the beginning, make him instantly respawn. That makes alot of sense to me. I don't care that someone sits there and kills him for the entire duration of bg, if that's what floats their boat. As long as it doesn't completely prevent those of us who like to cart from getting our carts turned in.

right now what I do is, Log into the bg, I see a big group of spawn campers sat in front of my spawn site, and one of them are either in battle with the resource guy, or it is already dead. The effect this has is, now bg exists for me to enter, get the devotion and then leave.
              Consider how many kills have been lost in that session of bg because there was just nothing for me to do there except sit in spawn. Leave the resource guy alive, and I would stay and you can kill me all that you like. To me, it's a free ride back to camp :P

Comment

Originally posted by Kravet View Post
                I think this is a good reason for the mods to ban you from the forum. If you can't treat other people with some respect, you should not be able to say anything in here
                aww have a cry, you must be one of those people im talking about

the other bunch of course, being like dutchqueenie or antioejrgoiewr always whinging about events
                IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                Class: Archer
                Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Reminds me of a "limited format" for CCGs. It's fun every once in a while, but I like having all the stuff I've worked on the last (almost) two years at my disposal in both pve and pvp. If it's not available, then why work towards it? (I also do BG to just farm kills and keep the BR title, would skip it otherwise or run around naked and give honor. And equalizing everything would be more grindy and boring than it is already.) Yeah, yeah...BG is a small portion of the game, but if that's the case why is completely changing pvp format important?

There's no "equal footing" avenue of pvp at the moment. That's kinda what pve does. Reaching landmarks at a quicker pace/lower BR shows off your skill. That's not to say it wouldn't be cool to have a monthly event (like CW) that's on an absolute equal basis, but making every BG like that would be boring (for me anyways).

Comment

To me Battle Ground is a PvP Peope vs. People, Not Cart menace to get points, its about Honors' yeah!! u get stronger but about those Orange lvl 80 picking on lil people reapedly, cuz they already have there 300k Br's and people just turn lvl 76 dont even have all there gears yet! " so' u tell me if thats fear or what? or some people dont even care about the carts, and they just camp! and yeah, those recourse, they camp them cuz' they give good honors but to me its really useless even having them there at all, specially with this carts. dont u think we do enought carts a day? and all this 300k BR's, they should have there own BG's and Arena for that matter. DON'T YOU THINK SO! its Not about Whining, its about Fearness to Others, But a lot of people Don't Care, specially The Big $$$$,, DON'T YOU THINK SO!!

Comment

make BG like Tanks? cross-server Tanks 15 vs 15
                      R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

IGN : Illyasviel
                      Class : Archer
                      Guild : •OneŽ•
                      LvL : 80
                      Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
                      BR : over 9000!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X