The reason why players afk at battle grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
    Cerden has not the very need to track YOUR joining time Grey, it's you who have to track his and go along with him.
    Erm, maybe Cerden DID track this "easykill" and jump rooms until he is on the opposite team. Then his comrades whom of course is VIP and Casher will enter and quit their rooms until they meet up with Cerden.

Or maybe they just enter and quit their rooms until they are together. You just happened to be on the "other side".

Last but not least, no matter the chance, as long as it is not 0, even with 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001, it WILL still happen.

Comment

When we met with something which looks illogical and unreasonable to us, of course, we need to spend some time and effort to work it out and find out the answer ourselves, or else just ignore it and continue to play the match like you had seen nothing? Had heard nothing? Had knew nothing? Sounds to me like an advise to hide my head under the shell. To the least I afk in BG because I am busy collecting data from it. I am gathering solid information to prove something. Not afk for no reason at all.

Instead some of the players here are telling me to close my eyes up and let it pass, and allow myself to continue participating in a match, which the result is being manipulated by the others.

Simply say, this is the words from the lazies and lack of the spirit to find out the truth.

Even such a simple math, words are not sufficient to point it out clearly. Fine then, I will use figures to show it out.

30 Players are preparing to login into BG.
      Below is an example of a set of data.

Case 1:
      15 players stands of 20k BR
      10 players stands of 15k BR
      5 players stands of 10k BR

A total of 30 Players.

|
      After going through BG system matching, a list of team is been produced as below:
      |
      V

Team 1: Team 2:
      1. 20k BR 16. 15k BR
      2. 20k BR 17. 15k BR
      3. 20k BR 18. 15k BR
      4. 20k BR 19. 15k BR
      5. 20k BR 20. 15k BR
      6. 20k BR 21. 15k BR
      7. 20k BR 22. 15k BR
      8. 20k BR 23. 15k BR
      9. 20k BR 24. 15k BR
      10. 20k BR 25. 15k BR
      11. 20k BR 26. 10k BR
      12. 20k BR 27. 10K BR
      13. 20k BR 28. 10k BR
      14. 20k BR 29. 10k BR
      15. 20k BR 30. 10k BR

As a math student, can you really believe this kind of data? The person who will believe it is next to naive.

Case 2:

Player A (Me)
      Player B (Cerden)

Join BG for 6 matches in a row

|
      After going through BG system matching, the result is been produced as below:
      |
      V

Match 1:
      Player A join BG at 8:01
      Result:
      Team 1 Team 2
      Player A Player B

Match 2:
      Player A join BG at 8:02
      Result:
      Team 1 Team 2
      Player A Player B

Match 3:
      Player A join BG at 8:03
      Result:
      Team 1 Team 2
      Player A Player B

Match 4:
      Player A join BG at 8:04
      Result:
      Team 1 Team 2
      Player A Player B

Match 5:
      Player A join BG at 8:05
      Result:
      Team 1 Team 2
      Player A Player B

Match 6:
      Player A join BG at 8:01
      Result:
      Team 1 Team 2
      Player A Player B

Have a look at this kind of data set, its almost look as its dead and fix in a certain pattern. You keep telling me how matching in BG is working, but who's going to believe it?

All I want is just an answer here, how can your system offer me 6 matches in a row with such an unchanged and fix result. How, and Why?

Kindly please stop giving me an example of how your BG matching works repeat and repeatedly again. You can keep talking that to a mirror and keep lying to yourself, I am not going to believe it.

One of a possibility is because there is a formula in matching that make it happen, that would sound more logical isn't it?

On my 5th match, which is the 5th time, that is the time I started to make a post to complain.
      And on the next day, which is my 6th match, that is the time which I officially took the data from the team matching in BG, and your system matches me with Cerden again for the 6th time. Just right after I made the post in the forum, on the next day, your system still produce the same matching as before.

Such... solid and unargueable evidence, are you really still trying to keep giving me the "same.. old formula" which of how you keep telling to all the players in the game?

Look here, let's be realistic okay. Your formula as what you said, is totally unable to produce such kind of results. Not even one math student in the whole wide world would believe this kind of ****. All I desire is an answer. You have to come to your sense and give me a proper answer on this case.

Comment

GreyPhoenix if you really believe in math and not calling conspiracy, then you would know that your data is useless unless you can compile at least 250-500 bg sessions. You cannot make a statistical analysis with just 10-20 games.

Comment

Originally posted by danceofmany View Post
          GreyPhoenix if you really believe in math and not calling conspiracy, then you would know that your data is useless unless you can compile at least 250-500 bg sessions. You cannot make a statistical analysis with just 10-20 games.
          dont encourage him to afk 250-500 bgs for data.....

Comment

GreyPhoenix, don't overthink. We do that at work - I hope.

Just play the game and pull the cart.

If you fight Cerden, give him friendly thrash talk, like talking about your BG's conspiracy data. In fact. while you're pulling the cart, you can recite you BG Data in the current chat.

You're like Don Quixote, gallant, determined, and totally delusional, thinking windmills are dragons.

My take.
            Last edited by DeGAUL; 10-18-2012, 02:08 AM.

Comment

just die like a normal weaklings.... dont complain too much.... if u dun wanna be weaklings, then pump money.... if u dun wanna die like a weakling and dun wanna pump money... quit the game... simple... stress free hassle free... go green

Comment

got a black screen before after a battle at BG - one of the reason

Comment

I'm sure its been pointed out but all these lovely independent variables are useless without considering the dependent variables provided by the players. If everyone is doing the same thing each day the chances of what you are saying are in fact very much more likely.
                  Just wait a bit before entering..... it may just turn out different.

Comment

Often we will see some afkers in battle ground, first thought that would struck me is arggh, alts accounts again, spoil the match. And today, I became an afker myself, and this is my only main account. I got an understanding why these players choose to be afkers, even though some of the faces are familiar in arena - they didn't choose to be naked or afk in arena, but why choose to afk in battle grounds?

Because they understood this earlier than I am, the matching system in battle grounds, is not random.

I noticed this thanks to the player Cerden. Cerden is a strong player who will attract a lot attention in any battle ground matches, because he always goes for the guardian npc. And for 5 matches IN A ROW, I have been placed in the opposite team against Cerden, which means for several days I have to see this same player's name appeared over, and over again, in all of my matches. If it is a random, the maths will already proved it wrong immediately.

How many players in my server? I took an estimation of 300 (the least), which the number I could see in World Boss event.
                    30 players in one battle ground room.
                    That means 300 players, result in 10 battle ground rooms.

The chances of me meeting Cerden in 10 rooms, is 0.10.
                    The chances of Cerden always in the opposite team, is 0.50.
                    Thus for one match, the possibility for this to happen, is 0.10x0.50 = 0.05

The chances that this will happen in 5 matches in a row, which Cerden and myself are always in a same room, and each on the opposite team, is 0.05x0.05x0.05x0.05x0.05
                    Result in a possibility of 0.0000003125

Politely said, almost zero :\
                    And today I saw it happens right in front of my eyes.
                    Given still, I assume the minimum number of rooms, are only 10 -.-

I would not have noticed if its a 5 loses in a row, but when Cerden is appearing in the opposite team in every of my matches, when you happen to see similiar faces in your matches, naturally it will attract your attention isn't it? That's where your matching system tell us so. It attracts my attention, and I started to give in a few thoughts.

If I am not mistaken, for those of us who had played the game for some time, we would have an idea which player is strong or such, or which player is a vip, mvp, or cash players, etc etc, familiar names we had met in arenas or battle grounds.

Thus in battle grounds, when these vips, cash players are being assigned to a particular team, it can be noticed that the average battle ratings of the players in his team, are usually higher, compared to the other team. You could try observe this out in the following battle ground matches.

PS: And in the 5th match against Cerden which I decided to afk the entire game, there a lot of vips in a same, single team, and more than half the players' battle rating in Cerden team are 20k or above 20k, while my team are all 10k++. This is the same as matching Lin Dan to a mid school badminton player and you tried to convince to all others, that it is a "good game".

This mean the matching system is not based on random. Higher BR players will always be assigned to the team where the cash players landed in. This is the same as saying that the system is assigning easy targets for cash players to kill, and easy games for them to win, all the time, by providing kids and babies for adults to match in their matches, and making it believe that their cash has been worth spending.

It may be good in term of marketing, but somehow you know... it kind of hurting my ego, especially for a non cash player such as myself.

Personally, I strongly believe, whether pay cash or non cash, no one would desire to be a play doll in one's hand. Win or lose, what we want is a free battle to enjoy, not a battle which the result is being fixed by a party, even before the match begins.

Kindly please respect the players who play your game, don't treat us like an idiot, because that is really insulting, we came into the game that you promoted, introduced, in order to play the game you provided with the players all around the world, not to provide ourselves to be played by you.

This is why some players choose to afk in base, because they realise this, earlier than I did.

I will not choose to believe the admins will purposely assign me to be a different team against Cerden, because I am a nobody in the game and admins are not such a free person to admit such a nonsense act. I would rather believe in logics and reasons. Thus if elaborate it further on, this is the only explanation I could find out.

More or less, I had been spending weeks and months in your game, it would really disappoint me a lot if it end out as a service such as this. 5 games with Cerden in the opposite team in a row, is not even possible to be happening. The chain will more likely to be broken in my third match at least, which I won't see Cerden again in my matches.

The possibility is just too low. The maths don't allow it to happen, not I do not allow it to happen, if it happens, then it is simple to understand, your matching system, is not randomly based, that's all.

And these few days your system is matching me against Cerden, not to mention I had to wake up with a sleepy eye on an alarm clock ringing just to see Cerden's face in 3 continuous days and play 5 continuous losing game, and not to mention you refuse to split battle grounds events into two separate timing zone to suit our time table.

I had been playing online games for a long time. Overally, there are 2 types of online game developers, winner type and loser type. Winner focus on the number of the players in server so that their server will always full of players, while loser focus on how much cost they charge per item.

Winner developers are willing to spend to promote, to attract more players come to play before they start to earn profit. Loser scare to lose money in every step and using every tricks possible to force player to buy items all the time. Winner do not need to spend effort in forcing item purchasing in their server, because when they make the players happy, naturally their server will be crowded, crowded attracts more players, more players increase competition, competitions encourage payments. That's all it takes.

I pick your game because it is announced your game reach a million player in a very short time, because you shows signs of a winner. I had spent months in your game. WEEKS, and MONTHS. Kindly please tell me that I had picked the right game and my time had been worth playing in your server, kindly please. Manipulating the matchings in a match, is the last thing a winner will ever need to do.

If you want to convince me that I am wrong, then please prove me wrong in the incoming battle ground matches after today, which we would not always see the average battle ratings in the cash player team, are higher than the other team, all the time. Have faith and put trust in your cash players supporters, if they can pay, they definitely can win. They do not need a handicap for that.

Comment

I agree what you tell GreyPhoenix...not only in games this thing happen..Everything in this world is about money..If you have money you are important,if not u are ignored by others,this happen everywhere..people are unfair.I cant tell nothing about the game..who made it is smart ,but the way how vips can make the gears,is more easier then a normal player...so the conclusion is that this game is made only for vips....and if you are not a vip..just have fun at low lvl Dont stress at making gears cause you will never have the sokets for gems in ur items..cause there;s not a way to make any empty slots...just using money...A thing that sould be made in game..is to make the items tradable on others items or money...
                      Character LadySanta lv:40 Archer Guild master :GodLike
                      Server:S19-Desert of Curses

Comment

Originally posted by choukage View Post
                        Nice to see instead of running distraction for your team or grabbing carts you sat there and counted vips/sockets/ and battle ratings.... Man....
                        Man... Grey has killed my eyes and i didnt even read most of this thread.... Dude...seriously... go sit in yer living room and grab a cold one.
                        Thats beyond obsession of a mute point. I dont see anything wrong with BG. Always diff ppl mingled with some ppl I see all the time.
                        I think you have lost your mind over this.I don't care about the game to actually sit and write all that about BG.
                        That's just crazy...

G.Arena I can see a problem with... mismatched always... Doesn't matter if are 40, 37,43,50.... It's a mismatch arena. But you know what?
                        Whippeee. The problem in this game is they r out for mega profit and they won't get it the way they are handling added content meant for spenders...

I believe THAT is the problem here They are so focused on their bank account that they could care less to balance out the game.
                        So, play it or go away,cause all that posting for pages and pages just get you nowhere....
                        And yes Afk at BG is the biggest wuss move a person can do . If you don't like the offensive team,LEAVE... for Christ sakes.....
                        Let someone ELSE have the open spot.
                        BG is a place for productive ppl. Not for sitting your *** there and not contributing.

Comment

Originally posted by LadySanta View Post
                          I agree what you tell GreyPhoenix...not only in games this thing happen..Everything in this world is about money..If you have money you are important,if not u are ignored by others,this happen everywhere..people are unfair.I cant tell nothing about the game..who made it is smart ,but the way how vips can make the gears,is more easier then a normal player...so the conclusion is that this game is made only for vips....and if you are not a vip..just have fun at low lvl Dont stress at making gears cause you will never have the sokets for gems in ur items..cause there;s not a way to make any empty slots...just using money...A thing that sould be made in game..is to make the items tradable on others items or money...

VIPS? Lol That vip thing is SO useless... Thats their way of trying to get the majority pay 7.99 a month just to play the game.It's a mind freak. After that, the balens and blah blah are just the i8cing onthe cake for them.If you notice inyour server how many ppl have vip ~ They thought it would actually be something good.I bet you most of them cancelled after the 1st month.Even with the threat that you will lose points each day.
                          Cracks me up.

Comment

Phoenix, even of the data you've put here there isn't close to enough to prove anything. The first set had one team at 295K BR and the other at 280K which is plenty close enough. And any math student will tell you that what you have posted here isn't anywhere near statistically significant, either. Your actual chance of being matched against one particular player five times in a row is closer to 1-3%, could be more or less depending on the server population and how new it is. Now, consider how many people are playing this game - tens of thousands at least. Statistically, at least a couple hundred of them are going to have rare occurrences in that range every day.

Also consider player behavior - it has been suggested to you to leave the game and rejoin to get into another one. I'm guessing you did not do that, or you could easily have gotten into a game without Cerden. It is possible and likely that other players join the team you are on, see they are on a weaker team, and leave, and only the AFKs/weakest people who don't know/care to do that are left. This happens a lot on my server.

It is also possible that Cerden's team or guild time their entrance to wind up on the same team. That is also possible if someone in his guild joins team A, alerts the guild as soon as someone joins team B, someone from the guild quickly joins and also winds up on team A, guild is alerted again every time someone joins team B and the next person joins and so on. In this way it is possible (though difficult) to join the team of your choice, or get your friends on your team, or otherwise regularly wind up with the same/more powerful people on the same team most of the time. I have done this before to attempt to kill the knights and the BG resource officer when I needed people to cooperate/clear/engage the tougher guards to get them out of the way. This would not work if people were not assigned to teams simply according to the order they join the BG, but it does work. Also I am a VIP and my win / lose rate of BG, having done almost 100 of them is close to half and half. I know who most of the higher level players are on my server and I do not get other strong players on my team more than I get them on the opposing team or vice versa.

Comment

I will start afk'ing during bg. I can't actually play for the entire hour. I need honor, so *** this game. It'll still take me years t get honor.

Comment

Originally posted by R2222178 View Post
                                I will start afk'ing during bg. I can't actually play for the entire hour. I need honor, so *** this game. It'll still take me years t get honor.
                                I get pis.sy at afk'ers in BG but now when I think about it...those who go in looking for a win and contribute to aid in this will no doubt be collecting carts or killing toons so the extra 50 honour/insignia is really just a bonus.

Annoying but we'll deal with it...not like we can force boot you guys anyway xD
                                S15
                                Fluxie (Flux)
                                Archer
                                Newb
                                Assistant G.M. of Avalon
                                RAWR

Comment

Working...
                                X